Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/11 - 2/17 (Read 227 times)

Travis Groom

Crappy, horribly nasty run today. Was mentally not into it and the snow melted and refroze into a nice ice, so the run was a skating rink (but still runnable, I frankly, just crapped out.) Warm up lap was 13:30 for 2.35k which is usually around 13:00. And my one speed lap was 12:20 (which is a bit slower than my average.) Just threw in the towel today. I have a 23k run tomorrow morning which is a little nerve racking for me simply because I've never run farther than 21.1k. Leaving from my place and meeting up with 2 other runners and we are running across town to the Hypothermic Half-Marathon that is happening tomorrow (my coach is running it, and want to support him in his run.) So we are running the 11k to the course and then a lap of the Hypothermic course to complete the 23k just in time to see him cross the line. One more week of build (..26k next Sunday...gulp...) and then I get a bit of a relaxing week. Evan I don't even know what to wear in 32ºF anymore! I keep thinking of the cold days and how I will freeze in light pants then get into the run and sweat off 15 lbs.

Bugs

Erika, I remember that race of yours and at the time I thought, "Why would she do that?" Bet you were thinking the same. Legs feel like they took a pounding today, going to do some aquajogging tomorrow instead.

Bugs

Cashmason

Boy Genius decided to go swimming with his race belt and race bib on today. Had them on for the run and bike. Totally forgot it was on until I got out of the water. Found a new way to PR a 5k. Have the volunteer direct you to the transition ( run finish) area when you have only run 2.4 miles. It was the first inagural event for this race, and after you have run 2 miles you go right by the finish area, whilst at the same time bicycles are coming out of the same street and dodging runners, as the runners are going north south and bikes going east west on the same path. Pure Genius. But the entire event is run by college students as a way of funding their triathlon team, and it is the first time this college has done this, and the team is only in its second year. Gotta give em credit for trying and doing a mostly good job. Oh and the run was mostly a trail run through ankle high weeds on wet uneven dirt. More fun than running on asphalt the whole time, which they could have made us do. The good news for Bugs and Erika, is the run is before the bike, so no dead legs.

Bugs

Cash, That race sounds so hard. In a tri it seems there are so many things that can go wrong. An interesting challenge. 1:40 min of aqua jogging...which is not as wussing as you might think. I did intervals, laps of going as fast as you can, followed by easy jogging. The heart was pumping, and not because Mr hottie Italian Triathlete was swimming in the next lane. Followed workout with a 1+ mile run just to see how legs feel, no pain, but wish my left shin felt better post running. I did more toe lifts and will do more stengthening exercises tonight. I would classify myself as somewhere between injured and not-injured, and tired of having to try so hard just to stay pain-free. So Shan, got married. Maybe she came to her senses on that one. Clowning around

Bugs