Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/14/11 (Read 268 times)

Cashmason

That is a fantastic time Aussie !

Well done.... or is the term  Brilliant ?

Happy Camper

5k road race this morning.  Better run for me this weekend.  Think it  might be the tightest splits I've ever pulled off in a 5k.

TypeDistanceTimeTotal TimePaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
      1 Interval 1 mi 7:16.82 7:16.82 7:17 163 172  
      2 Interval 1 mi 7:16.32 14:33.14 7:17 171 175  
      3 Interval 1 mi 7:21.91 21:55.05 7:22 175 178  
      4 Interval 0.1 mi 0:34.98 22:30.03 5:50 175 177

Self-timed results.  Race was chip timed and course is certified.  PR is 22:07.  2nd fastest 5k I've raced and the best time on a certified course.  It really has me happier about the training this Winter and how the 1/2 could go next weekend.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

hold on a second now, are you teasing my Australian-ness? I've been in the States for about 7 years now, so my accent is more broken-Australian than anything else, just enough slang left in me to entertain my peers when a word they've never heard of accidentally slips out. Grr, IE9 doesn't let you press Enter, so one thought will roll into the next. I did an interesting 10 miles yesterday with varying but planned times and speeds, and I'm not even sure what the pace was I just have my treadmill speed recorded. It starts out with 7 minute intervals and gets down to 3-something but with a faster time, and I've never actually made it through all 8 sets, so there's a first. I went out with 7 others this morning that run a slower pace, but left them after I did 12, they were doing 18 and 22 today and my legs were really dead today. I think it's good to run on dead legs although these chubby things I'm sitting on right now are disagreeing. Have a great day all.

5k road race this morning. Better run for me this weekend. Think it might be the tightest splits I've ever pulled off in a 5k.

TypeDistanceTimeTotal TimePaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
          1 Interval 1 mi 7:16.82 7:16.82 7:17 163 172
          2 Interval 1 mi 7:16.32 14:33.14 7:17 171 175
          3 Interval 1 mi 7:21.91 21:55.05 7:22 175 178
          4 Interval 0.1 mi 0:34.98 22:30.03 5:50 175 177

wow look at you, well done! Good luck next weekend, keep us updated.

Nice race, P2R!

I also raced this morning, a 5 miler on a slightly hilly and windy course.

This data is straight out of the garmin.  Assuming the course was actually 5 miles, my overall pace was really 7:13

5.1 miles, 36:03, 7:05/mi, AHR 174 (85% MHR)
            5@7:06(174), 0.09@6:26(181)

all splits:
            1 - 7:08(162)
            2 - 7:33(174)
            3 - 6:54(172)
            4 - 7:01(174)
            5 - 6:54(176)
            6 - 0:34(181) [0.09=6:26]

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

oops, accidentally double posted

evanflein

A couple of nice races in here! Nice job on the fast 5k, P2R, that's a great time. 

And Lou! I didn't realize you were racing this weekend. Is National next weekend? Nice 5 mile time for you.

5.1 miles for me today, plan was easy... end result was a mixed bag. Started out in the 8:40's and ended up in the 8:teens and low 20's. Oh well. Felt good, and we're starting to get some melting action so maybe the damn ice will be on it's way out!

Happy Camper

Got 2-seconds back with the chip timing.  Posted result is 22:28.  Smile

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

A couple of nice races in here! Nice job on the fast 5k, P2R, that's a great time. 

And Lou! I didn't realize you were racing this weekend. Is National next weekend? Nice 5 mile time for you.

5.1 miles for me today, plan was easy... end result was a mixed bag. Started out in the 8:40's and ended up in the 8:teens and low 20's. Oh well. Felt good, and we're starting to get some melting action so maybe the damn ice will be on it's way out!

Spring begins tomorrow!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And super moon tonight, or so some site says. Off to take a look at it. Was tired from running this morning -- did the runs legs of a duathlon we put on (but took them easy), then in the middle, whilst competitors out cycling, ran fast w DW.

PS: Amazingly even splits -- esp 7:16.32 & 7:16.82

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Tired legs from yesterday, but was able to hold a decent pace on this, my last 20 miler for the cycle.

20.5 miles, 2:57:11, 8:38/mi, AHR 148 (72% MHR)

5@8:49(140), 10@8:40(147), 5.54@8:23(156)

Kimmie

Wow, Lou that's awesome. Now, why are you running 20? You guys are running the half at National, but you must have a full coming up. I ran very little last week. Worked a ton and had lots of kid stuff happening. Ran 8 on Saturday and my knee and/or ITB was painful . I don't seem to know the trigger for that... I would have thought less running would have meant fewer issues. Looking forward to National, mostly to see you guys... Wish it could be all of us. Hi Dave, pam, bugs, erika, Paul, murphy, gen, perry, and anyone I missed. Smile Also, my paragraphs don't show up? Hmmm....

IE9?

when my paragraphs don't show up (this happens sometimes in chrome, too), I put an empty space between them.  Meaning I hit carriage return, space, carriage return, to get the vertical spacing I want.

Kim - national is a tune-up race for boston

3 recovery miles for me this morning.  I was thinking as I came in to work that it's ok for my legs to be tired, since I've run 38 miles since Friday, including a 5 mile race.  Smile

Kimmie

Of course, I think I knew that.