Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/8 (Read 247 times)

Hail to The Victors!

MTA: Nice race report from JHallum (Jeremy) out in the racing forum. Under 42 minute 10K and maybe his first 70 mile week. Who does he think he is, P2R? JHallum is going to do fantastic at Disney.
    Thanks for the kind words Dave! I certainly hope so! I did get to 70! It felt surprisingly good today, after yesterday. Kind of surprised to tell you the truth. Tomorrow is easy day for sure, now. Erika: Great to see that you are getting out there, hope your long run goes well!

Oh Mighty Wing

J - way to persevere! The water thing has gotten me all weekend! AND awesome job hitting 70!! How do you feel??

Dave

Jeremy, I peeked at your PR on the marathon. What are you going for this time? Got 11 in today. First long run in a while (other than 12 minute pace with my friend at the JFK). I struggled the whole way to keep my HR down below my target. Good reminder that its tough for me to gauge easy pace sometimes without it. Felt like I could go further but it was probably good that I stopped when I did.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

WOOHOO Dave!!! That is your highest week in a while!!!! Big grin And I don't know that it's a bad idea that you ran at a "whatever" pace especially since you've been looking for some confidence with your pace. So hopefully this helped a little bit.

Dave

Right back at you, Shan. You spent just 2 minutes less on your feet this week than I did but who's counting. Big grin As I was running today getting into the latter miles, I thought about you running 9 by yourself. What a huge step (no pun intended). If you stay consistently over 20 miles per week I think you're going to see spectacular progress. I won't reach 70 this training cycle but I'd be really pleased to get 5 or 6 weeks straight up around 50.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Right back at you, Shan. You spent just 2 minutes less on your feet this week than I did but who's counting. Big grin
              You need to log stalk a little better - check out my Thursday - there is no time but there is a distance... so I spent more time on my feet... that's right baby steps to chasing you down Big grin Thank you!! I hope I beat the plan and get nice and consistent. I think you will see awesome things as well - I know i'm excited about watching it all!

Hail to The Victors!

Jeremy, I peeked at your PR on the marathon. What are you going for this time?
                Pie in the Sky: 3:15. More realistic: 3:20. While I feel like I have enough miles for 3:15 now, I don't know that I have the endurance base to get there. I'll give it a shot and hope it works.

Oh Mighty Wing

How far out are you?