Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/7/2011 (Read 193 times)

A new week.

p2r had some good miles last week, and Perry seems to be in the middle of his taper, still close to 60.

3 recovery miles for me this morning.

NameDistance ▼Time
    pace2race  80.5 mi 12:32:20
    Amores Perros 58.1 mi 8:22:21
    WillRunForBeer 57.9 mi 8:18:14
    evanflein  50.9 mi 6:58:12
    gen76 47.5 mi 6:20:48
    theyapper66 40.4 mi 6:31:24
    Dutchie42 34.2 mi 6:37:20
    willamona 33.8 mi 5:49:41
    CaraH 33.4 mi 4:56:01
    irpete 31 mi 0:00
    Kimmie  22.1 mi 3:33:21
    dgb2n  11.5 mi 1:45:44
    lilcat19 6.5 mi 1:06:10
    Murphy996  3 mi 31:49
    Bugs    
    rockenmamof5    
    Cashmason  0 mi 0:00
    jhallum 0 mi 0:00

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

hope your back is ok this week Murphy, and Kimmy's sinus stuff is all gone.

I really don't have time for this cold right now, so I've probably got 3000x the recommended intake of zinc in my body right now.  Have a good week everyone.

I have 6 weeks until my next marathon, and I think about it daily, with the excitement of a kid at Christmas.  That's not normal, is it?Dead

Dave

I have 6 weeks until my next marathon, and I think about it daily, with the excitement of a kid at Christmas.  That's not normal, is it?Dead

Yes, it is actually.  The fact that you don't have that underlying sense of dread makes me circumspect Big grin.

I got in most of my mileage on the weekend with two short and somewhat rushed treadmill runs.  Was supposed to travel last night for a DC meeting today.  I cancelled out and am glad that I did.

Overall, I'm pleased to at least get 3 runs in last week.  Not marathon training but better than nothing.  Have almost kicked this cold that still lingers.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I still have 6 weeks left, so the dread will come later, right before the 'did I train enough?' obsession begins. 

I just registered, so it's too late to back out now. 

I tried to ignore the fact that I had a cold yesterday, took a lot of zinc and a daytime tylenol, but got 2 miles into my planned 8-10 and stopped.  I planned on stopping just for a second, but noticed my legs were pitifully shaking.  When I tried to run again, I could barely put one leg in front of the other.  Then I went home and fell asleep sitting upright!

Hope you feel better. 

Dutchie42

Gen: I hear you... I have 7 long runs left and I know (!) I didn't train consistently at all.

I actually had a nightmare last night: my bib was floating in the ocean and I had to go get it but a storm hit us and I couldn't get back in to port in time for the start of the race... man, if I'm having nightmares 8 weeks out, I'm gonna be in sooo much trouble as the event gets closer.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

that's creative, I like that one!  I think it's great that you were willing to start a marathon completely wet through, those would have been some pretty amazing blisters. 

Mine is always the same, so I really need another nightmare otherwise I'm going to get bored soon.  Before almost every race I have, I dream I can't run, as if my feet are in cement blocks, I'm moving in slow motion and everyone else is running past me. 

theyapper

On the road again...

Scary dreams in here....

4 easy miles today.  Legs have felt tight for the last few runs, and it's got me a little paranoid about DC.  Maybe the good thing is that a quicker pace feels better?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've had some upper leg soreness since Friday, but I expect it to go away.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a nice tempo run this morning.  4 miles @ 7:55.  Felt good (except for the last climb up a long hill).

Paul

Kimmie

7 miles this morning.... Rough but glad I did it.

I managed 8.2 this morning.  No wind, no rain, a bit chilly, but the first two are more important.

geez, I barely dragged myself out of bed at 6am, how you've run 4, 7 and 8 miles already is beyond me!

This is going to sound mean, so I'm just going to blurt it out.  Last year I entered the corporate challenge (at my work, obviously), and you had to submit qualifying times.  I submitted mine, but as they only needed 2 people in my age group and I wasn't fast enough, I qualfied third and was used as a reserve in case the other two got injured.  All year part of my motivation with improving my speed is to bump Miss-2nd out of her spot... I know that's mean.  Obviously she can have improved at the same rate I have over the last year, but I've improved so much in the 5k space that where she was a good 1:30-2 mins faster than me, I could beat what her final race pace was for the event, any day of the week. 

This week I need to time a run and submit it for qualifying, and will likely do it tomorrow.  I guess I'll hear back within a couple of weeks to see if I made it. 

Not mean at all, I think -- that is simply healthy competition.

theyapper

On the road again...

gen - I think you're misguided.  You should be bumping Miss 2 AND Miss 1out of the way.  You're fast - you can do it.

Paul