evanflein 52.3 mi 7:06:39
    pace2race 48.5 mi 7:28:35
    Dutchie42 33.2 mi 6:31:27
    theyapper66 28.5 mi 4:27:01
    Kimmie 23.5 mi 3:57:00
    jhallum 20 mi 2:51:43
    dgb2n 16.2 mi 2:24:41
    willamona 14 mi 2:02:05

Another rock solid week by Lou, Perry, Gen, Erika, and P2R.  I've noticed some very respectable paces being turned in by all of the above and Bryan in particular had a nice fast 10 yesterday. 

Paul is starting to taper which is a good thing considering he's just days away from running a 1:45 at National  Big grin.

Nice to see Jeremy back in the 20s as well.

My week was pretty good overall.  Started running outside and generally at too fast a pace considering my fitness level.  The shift from treadmill to concrete took its toll on my legs and I ended up figuring out enough reasons to skip my run yesterday.  I was surprisingly sore but the extra day off seems to have paid benefits.  It is beautiful today and I'm going to try to squeeze in a run before the weather turns colder and wetter later this week.

Easy runs, everyone!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oops, I should post here:

3 recovery miles for me this morning.  I was thinking as I came in to work that it's ok for my legs to be tired, since I've run 38 miles since Friday, including a 5 mile race.  Smile

Dave - hope you get a chance to get out there today.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

my week wasn't great.  After my pace pushing 20mi, I had two sore days with lower miles, then I did my 'best ever' intervals on Friday with 10mi, and struggled through my 12mi on Saturday, then my Sun run.  My miles are getting lower, not higher.  But, at least I'm pushing my body's upper limits here, maybe this time next year 60mi per week with some good speed work will be easy peasy.

You guys have some rockin' paces, have a good week.

evanflein

Not sure if I'll run today or not. Yesterday's 15 felt harder than it should have, even with the brisk pace (8:07 avg... but I'm chalking that up to a lot of downhill in the first 8 miles!). Gotta figure out my plan for the next few weeks as I've just been sort of winging it lately.

Nice running for you guys last week. I hope Amanda isn't hurt... or just not logging miles?

Dutchie42

My week wasn't too bad, but should've been better... my bed can be so convincing at 4h30 AM.

Anyways, no ill effects after yesterday's 30K, so guess I'm in good shape.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dave

my week wasn't great.  After my pace pushing 20mi, I had two sore days with lower miles, then I did my 'best ever' intervals on Friday with 10mi, and struggled through my 12mi on Saturday, then my Sun run.  My miles are getting lower, not higher.  But, at least I'm pushing my body's upper limits here, maybe this time next year 60mi per week with some good speed work will be easy peasy.

Gen, those symptoms sound a little bit like over training.  Not too much miles but too much intensity.  Probably need to scale back the tempo/interval work and get some easier miles in.  They all count and it will let you build the volume back up.  The volume is more important than the intensity at this point. 

You spent an hour less time running last week than Erika and a full 2 hours less time on your feet than Perry and he really cranks it.  Just sayin Smile

Congrats on the 30K, Dutchie!

Thanks to some encouragement from Lou, I did more than sneak out for a couple of miles.  8.3 at a very steady 9 minute per mile pace.  I had intended to keep all my miles above 9:00 but had a few in the middle get down around 8:50.  Legs feel great afterwards which is a big change from the miles I did closer to 8:30.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Gen, those symptoms sound a little bit like over training.  Not too much miles but too much intensity.  Probably need to scale back the tempo/interval work and get some easier miles in.  They all count and it will let you build the volume back up.  The volume is more important than the intensity at this point. 

You spent an hour less time running last week than Erika and a full 2 hours less time on your feet than Perry and he really cranks it.  Just sayin Smile

Don't take any notice of my time.  When I do intervals, I measure it by minutes and speed, but because there are recovery intervals in there and I still haven't calibrated my garmin again, I don't put the total time.  I record my intervals in treadmill speed, but not the overall time, so that's going to skew my results.  Distance is really the only summary.  I'm no Erika or perry!  Wink

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Got my first long run in today; felt tired, sore, hungry and thirsty before it was over, but still had a pretty decent experience, esp. b/c I had company for all of it. Now it's storming out and I'm off to eat a cheeseburger and rest.

Sounds like AussieGirl had a really strong week, actually, and Lou had a huge weekend.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Nice run, Dave!  (everyone else too, but I take credit for Dave's Smile )

theyapper

On the road again...

So the week begins and I head towards what I hope will be a good race in DC Saturday.  My week-end ended up being a no-run week-end.  Had a bunch of family in town and spent time with them celebrating a bunch of family birthdays and so my miles were down a little more than I'd hoped for.

The payoff was I ran 4 easy today and threw in some strides at the end at or faster than expected race pace and felt pretty relaxed.  Hope that's a good sign.

Gen - I think I saw a thread where you recommended the travel stick, and I got one from the family for my birthday.  Have used it every day since and I'm loving it, although it has been painful on my tight calves.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday.  Hey, are we still on for Mr. Henry's?  If so, what time should we meet?  Are any others coming?

Legs seem to be recovered nicely:

8.2 miles, 1:06:21, 8:05/mi, AHR 153 (75% MHR)

1 - 8:16(145)
                        2 - 8:21(147)
                        3 - 8:05(146)
                        4 - 7:56(156)
                        5 - 8:14(155)
                        6 - 8:14(152)
                        7 - 8:02(157)
                        8 - 7:47(155)
                        9 - 1:26(164) [0.21=6:57]

Kimmie

I'm still planning on going to Mr. henrys . My friend will be with me. I'm thinking 10? Or later for the full people. I'll call them to see how early they open.

mmm cheeseburgers.  The best thing about the long run weeks is the empty calories.

I'll take the advice not to push my speed work anymore, I'd have continued to try to increase my speed, but instead I'll just maintain.  After this weekend I begin to taper.

Have fun on your gettogether. 

Amores, when's your next race? 

Kimmie

Great 4 miles this morning...

why are we talking about cheeseburgers?  Smile      

Blame Amores  Approve