Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/26 (Read 258 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I ran my first this March in 4:30

I ran my first a year and a half ago, in about 4:30 Smile

4:30 first time marathoners rule!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Glad you're feeling a bit better Bugs! Like Vix said , let us know how the first mile treats ya!!

Kimmie i'm racing on Sunday. It WAS a planned tempo run with my RP until I found out that she would love to finish this year with a bang and has set an aggressive goal and as we all know I'm up for challenges.

Today we ran an easy 10 miler.  Still had hills in it however not the kind of hills we would have ran on Wed. BTW it's getting cold!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I ran my first a year and a half ago, in about 4:30 Smile

4:30 first time marathoners rule!

My first was 4:25 so can I join the club!!! Smile

29/04/2012 Milton Keynes Marathon: 3:42:06

21/02/2010 Sussex Beacon Half Marathon: 1:51:30

Happy Camper

Hi CaraH!

Belated congrats on the marathon kimmie and also belated happy birthday to VixieDu!

Good luck on the race Bugs!

Glad this week is finished.  Too much rain and now too much wind.  A good part of the trail I'll be running next weekend should  flooded yesterday.  I'll be watching the weather alot for sure.  I bought two different headlamps tonight.  I did a night run last weekend on trail and the one headlamp I had wasn't even close to giving enough light.  Can't believe how much these things can cost.  I'll wear one lamp around the head and the other around the waist.  RP had  the same set up and he had a much easier time seeing the trail.  Much of the cover is coming down with the rain and now the wind.  There will be lots of leaves covering the ground next weekend to make it slick and slow it down.  I'll be planning drop bags this weekend.  I'm probably running too much but feel good and can't sit around. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ugh, flooded ground and mud and headlamps -- I'm nowhere near hardcore enough for that kind of run. I need a run like one I was just looking at -- Nunavut in early July -- looks like that one has all daylight no matter how slow you are Smile

Do you guys follow specific marathon plans or make them up? I used Pfitzinger for my first marathon last month (changed slightly as I didn't get on with race followed immediately by long run...) and am wondering whether to do the same for my next marathon or try something different...?

Welcome, Cara!

I pretty much use Pfitzinger 24/55 ++ (I generally run 3 miles on "rest" days).

And I'm not that fast...  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

8K Race Report:

Conditions: Dark, Freezing rain coming down, Very Windy.

Course:     Flattish out and around and back.

Clothing:   pants, jacket, and neon glow in the dark ring around my head. Everyone had to wear one, and around my head it didn't flop.

Goal:         Sub 8 min pace, but with the wind it was not in the cards.

Mantra:     Stick with the guy in the hotdog costume, draft off the big weiner.

Hotdog Guy slowed down I left him, one girl was ahead of me, nobody passed me. I passed lots of 5Kers when the courses met up. Was a little surprised at the awards when I got nothing, so was number one, apparently a bunch of girls that were behind us turned wrong and cut a mile off. Number 1 and I both wanted to see our placements, and told the director she was first, me second. The director just sort of nodded, and then I said thought we should get our medals. We did get our medals. They are orange with a ghost on them. Bugs is very happy.

Hotdog guy said the last mile when we were pushing gale force winds he blew up like a balloon. He won $15 for best costume so it was worth it.

Time: 39:40, 8:07 pace. If there was a way to factor wind it was a PR tonight. Ready for Halloween Partying tomorrow.

Bugs

Dave

Woohoo! Bugs gettin some hardware!

Nice race, Bugs.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Woohoo! Bugs gettin some hardware!

Nice race, Bugs.

Any race with men dressed in hotdogs is a good race.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

"draft off the big weiner"

Heh, nice mantra -- and Congratulations on a tough race and on winning an overall medal!

Congrats, Bugs -- nice race.

Slept in this morning -- first time waking up after 7 in a long time.  I'm brewing a brown ale today, so I should get moving...

Dave

Congrats, Bugs -- nice race.

Slept in this morning -- first time waking up after 7 in a long time.  I'm brewing a brown ale today, so I should get moving...

And we all get that extra hour of sleep tomorrow.  Or 7 extra miles.  

Maybe the switch back to standard time will help me run in the mornings? 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Alright  Bugs!  Nice job!

Happy Halloween everyone!

I won Best Idea category at my group this morning!  So cool-  $25.00 gift card to the running store.

I went as White Trash...  fairly simple, really, just pinned white trash to my shirt- paper, paper plates, cotton, etc...

I lost some of it while running though and I didn't think to get a picture until after.   We had some good costumes.

Felt good to run even if it was just 4 miles... still kept it really easy.

Trick or treating later today!

I hope your short hiatus helped, Kimmie.

3.1 miles, 27:16, 8:40/mi, AHR 145 (74% MHR) -- a little fast vs. my "recovery run" goal.  Not sure why -- I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Ringmaster

LOL  Great race, Bugs--well done!

I'll come back later with more but I just wanted to say thank you to the whole group. I'm such a rookie and so new and slow at this, but you guys have welcomed me in and really made me feel like a part of the team. Team Blister has been so good to me--thanks, guys; you can't imagine what a difference it's made having a place to come share my training and ask questions.

You guys rock!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                                Mile by Mile