Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-9 (Read 331 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, So you raced a half this weekend, next weekend and then you have three marathons coming up? Wow.
    Blush
      Oh, and had a great day today..while going outside to clean the egg of my garage--damn kids. The neighbor dogs decided to attack me. The one came over, and I think was kinda playing, but the other came and bit my arm. Luckily I had long sleeves on. Barely broke the skin. What pissed me off most was that the neighbor gal wasnt all that apologetic. She asked if he got me and if I was ok, but instead of getting her dog locked up she had him in the front yard, layed him down and was brushing him. Never did apologize. All I could think of what if I was my pregnant wife and that happened. She could have fell, or who knows what.

Oh Mighty Wing

sorry to hear that murphy!
        Cashmason

Smart not to run a race if you arent in the shape you want to be in. I love dogs. And cant imagine not apologizing for a dog biting someone. If you reported it to the police, and it happend again, they could put her dog down. You musta peesed off the neighborhood kids if they chose your house to egg. 10.3 miles today ave 9 27 pace. Perfect day to run 57 degrees mild breeze. Friend I havent seen in 20 years is coming out from Texas. Hope to get in a hike with him, and later in the week a run with his college age kid.
          Kimmie

I don't blame you for being mad. That's horrible Murphy. Glad you're being inspired by Shan, though- but sorry that you're not coming out for National. I'm going to try to get up and run at 6 am tomorrow for the first time in a long time. We'll see if I can do it. Smile
              Murphy - that was a bad day! I, too, can't imagine that you didn't get an apology for the dog bite. Kimmie - are you up yet? Yes

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - I'm coming out for nationals! There is NO WAY I wouldn't be there.
                  A true recovery run: 3.1 miles, 30:07, 9:35/mi, AHR 127 (64% mhr) Kimmie! Wake up!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com