Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/4/2011 (Read 321 times)

Another new week.

Oh, so I can do this from IE, but not Chrome.  Good to know.

Some people aren't logging their miles, I see

NameDistance ▼Time
    pace2race 61.6 mi 9:06:12
    Amores Perros 50.6 mi 6:57:19
    WillRunForBeer 47.1 mi 6:40:27
    evanflein 46.6 mi 6:26:41
    AussieGirl76 38 mi 1d 20hr
    jhallum 30.1 mi 4:17:23
    irpete 26.8 mi 4:06:38
    theyapper66 20.7 mi 3:09:46
    Kimmie 14.5 mi 1:47:00
    lilcat19 12 mi 1:53:01
    dgb2n 5 mi 45:15
    Dutchie42 3.7 mi 44:49
    Bugs    
    rockenmamof5    
    CaraH 0 mi 0:00
    Cashmason 0 mi 0:00
    Murphy996 0 mi 0:00
    willamona 0 mi 0:00

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

56.4 miles for myself. Trying to decide what to do today. I have a double on plan however I'm kind of thinking maybe just one run before tomorrow's speed workout. Since I'm not marathon or ultra training at the moment no need to put in the higher mileage.

MTA: crap just checked the weather and may just put off speed work until Wed. Supposed to be really rainy and WINDY tomorrow. Rain I have no problem but when it gets windy it's not just a little.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Lowest mileage for me in a while, but it's cool.  I ran the Bridge Run 10k in 52:05 officially - disappointed because I can run faster and it was way too crowded to move a lot of the time.  So, I'll take the PR and then set another one soon.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Aw, I was going to comment on the 1k race time, but I see you got back in quickly and fixed that.  Smile

Congrats on the PR

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran a 10mi race Sun and got a 2min PR, so very happy with that. With that added to my 3min marathon PR earlier this month, now I feel stress-free about running and racing.

Pam, hope your blisters heal, and have fun with the speedwork - I find it pretty fun sometimes, so hope you have a blast.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ran a 10mi race Sun and got a 2min PR, so very happy with that. With that added to my 3min marathon PR earlier this month, now I feel stress-free about running and racing.

Pam, hope your blisters heal, and have fun with the speedwork - I find it pretty fun sometimes, so hope you have a blast.

CONGRATS Perry on your PR!! Just read about it in the swamp and LOVE your lil race report! Gotta love feeling stress free!

Great job on your 10k Paul despite how crowded the race was! I did the Broadstreet 10 miler ONCE and vowed never again because of so many people. Makes it really hard to race it well enough.

Thanks Perry! I just finished putting on rubbing alcohol on my pinky as well as the rub on the side of my foot from the Vibrams and putting new liquid skin on them. I ended up doing a short speed workout this morning. Would have loved to go longer however I even though my pinky blister isn't aggrivated by the Vibrams the rub on the side of the foot was. Looks like I'll be wearing my clunky trail shoes tomorrow since they don't mess with either blister or rub they just slow me down. The workout would have been so much funner had my feet been blister free. Well maybe by Thursday or Friday

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Pam, haven't you experimented with barefoot running? Any nice fields inside tracks you can do some short speed stuff on?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

What? Me? Log? heh

I'm touching your pants.

Hawt and sexy

Um, Perry, there's a kitty in your bucket. Awkward.

I'm touching your pants.

Pam, haven't you experimented with barefoot running? Any nice fields inside tracks you can do some short speed stuff on?

one day I hope too Perry. Right now all the fields are muddy. They never seem to get to dry much and I have no access to inside tracks. If I did I'd be running BF at least once a week.

Hey willa!

Happy Camper

Email of bib number arrived to day.  I have number 1002.  Online tracking is availble http://www.gostlouis.org/

I won't know my corale assignment until packet pickup.  Forecast is looking good if I can finish before it gets into the 70's.  I'm feeling good and hoping the time I run will be as good as the time I have. Smile

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

Hi guys! Great fast 6 miles tonight.

Good luck, Bryan!

Nice to have a fast run, eh, Kimmie?

We just received "Born to Run".  I wonder if I'll be thinking about barefoot running after reading that?

Hi, willamona -- don't be such a stranger!

8.2 miles @ 8:12/mi for me this morning.

evanflein

Hey Kimmie! I had a nice brisk 6 miler at lunch yesterday! We were running twins! Smile

Good luck, Bryan! I hope the warmer temps hold off for your race. Nothing worse than a melt down at the end. ooops, none of that kind of talk. I'm sure it'll be IRC for your run!!

Nice run, Lou! Eleven more days, right? You are ready, and I think both you and PDR are going to have a great race.

Our conditions turned kind of dreary today with some light snow last night, and chilly and breezy today! Great. It's run-home-from-work-Wednesday. At least the wind is from the west, and I'm running east so I'll have a tailwind. Might help with the hills.

Eleven more days, right? 

<yikes>twelve, I think.</yikes>