Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/18/2011 (Read 235 times)

evanflein

Welcome home, Lou. Sounds like you guys made a good trip out of it, but then again, you always do. I think it got up to the upper 50's in full sun in 2008 and I remember that feeling very warm. Pictures taken of me at about mile 17 or 18 have me with very flushed cheeks.

Gen, did you run your marathon on Sunday? I missed that... end of last week's thread? Oops, guess I'd better go back!

Hi Bugs! So glad to see you around here again! Hop back on that ol' horse and get to work, girl! Yeah, I'd prolly wait to see how I liked the first tri before signing up for two more, but that's just me. Big grin  Hope the work stuff is better now.

ETA: Ok, I'm back. Went back and read the whole last page of last week's thread, can't believe I missed that!

Congratulations Gen on a most excellent marathon! Yes, out doing the pacers is terrific! That's interesting that he had to stop and wait or be too fast. You'd think the time to correct that would've been a few miles ago. I'm surprised how many pacers don't use Garmins though. Did yours? Anyway, yes, congrats on the PR and on feeling better at the finish! That's huge. Planning the next one right away is the sure sign of a very well done race. ^5 to you!

On Sunday, I decided to run a different route than I've been doing. I've been limited to roads with good shoulders and predictable, if not too heavy at times, traffic. Enough of that! So I had DH drop me off over the hill north of us, and ran along that road. Holy cow did I forget about how hilly that was. Had a good run though, and happy that I was able to hold pace pretty well on the hills with only a few stops. Managed 18 very hilly miles @ 8:09 avg. pace.

Yesterday was just a short easy elliptical ride at lunch, then an easy 4.5 miler after work.

Bugs

Lou,

That is an awesome time. Nice splits.  I don't know how you do it.

Erika,

"18 very hilly miles @ 8:09 avg. pace" - you still got it. Awesome!

Cold and raining here. Not the best April. 4 miserable miles on the TM. Looking forward to my morning run. My RP has a stress fracture so it is so easy to sleep in, but enough of that.

Made veggie soup tonight. Good bye saddle bags, hello old skinny self.

Bugs

5 very easy miles for me this morning.  Quads still a bit sore.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

7.6 miles.... no pace reports for awhile. Turns out  I can get up at 6 am, run, and make it to work by 8. Why I've been killing it to run at 5 and be at work at 6:30 I don't know.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

6 really really easy today.   It really feels nice to be out on a daily basis, hopefully the pain-free running continues!

Hey Bugs Smile

CONGRATS Gen, LOU, MRS. Lou and Erika on your marathons!!

Got a nice workout yesterday. Did 3X 1  mile repeats with half mile recoveries.  Was only supposed to do 2 but legs didn't want to stop. Easy 6.4 today. Can't believe my half marathon is 11 days away. If only I had another month cause I just have a feeling I'm not at my peak yet. Oh well such is life. 

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

6 really really easy today.   It really feels nice to be out on a daily basis, hopefully the pain-free running continues!

Nice to hear that Jeremy!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Great to see Jeremy getting out there again (and posting here!)

3 easy this morning.  Felt substantially better than yesterday.  Seems like I'll live.  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Glad to see you recovering, Lou, and it is good to see Jeremy here again.

Perfect easy run - 4 miles with each mile the same pace.  Felt good to not have a run that felt like work.  Overcast skies probably had a lot to do with that.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Nice run Paul.

Glad to hear you'll live Lou Smile

As for me I had a 25 minute tempo run scheduled and it turned into a 31 minute tempo. Feeling really good *knock on wood*  Can't believe my race is coming up in just 10 days (I can make you a man ooops that was 7 days)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Lou, you're a master of running -- of course you defeated the marathon Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

CONGRATS Gen, LOU, MRS. Lou and Erika on your marathons!!

Definite congrats to them, but mine's not till June 4! Smile

Yes, good to see Jeremy running pain free and posting. Keep at it!

Lou is recovering well, Paul is running smoothly, Bugs is getting back into the swing of things and Pam is ready to rock her half!

Life is going well here at Team Blister!

I can't seem to shake this bug that's been hanging on for going on 5 weeks now. I was gradually (oh-so-slowly) getting better, then yesterday was like a big set back with sinus pain and jaw tenderness (?), felt tired and draggy all day. And Wednesdays are my MLR days... Great, had 10 on the schedule. But I just switched out my Wednesday run for Thursday, hoping I'd feel better today. So far, so good. Planning on running home from work, but I left my stuff in my car which DH has at his office. He'll bring it up here, I'll change and give him all my work stuff, then I'll head out. Just a minor snag, but hoping for a good run even with the cooler temps and breeze from the NNE (headwind the whole way).

I hate it when I forget my stuff, but luckily mostly I run from my house.

As I did this morning, for 5 easy.  I have a half coming up, too, but I have two more weeks.  No speed work for me, before the race though.  Gee, I guess I will do some, as I have a 5K in next weekend.  It's one of the running club's grand prix races, so we should do it...

Hail to The Victors!

I hate it when I forget my stuff, but luckily mostly I run from my house.

As I did this morning, for 5 easy.  I have a half coming up, too, but I have two more weeks.  No speed work for me, before the race though.  Gee, I guess I will do some, as I have a 5K in next weekend.  It's one of the running club's grand prix races, so we should do it...

I always treasure the races two weeks after a marathon...a person is rested, mostly recovered from the race, and generally mentally ready to get after it again.  I've had my best performances after a marathon, including my 19 flat 5K.  I did push it too hard last year, and three weeks after boston is when I broke my foot pushing for another PR in a 10K, but that was more coming back too hard post-race, not because of the race itself. 

Could of sworn I clicked on your log and saw a marathon. Must have clicked on the wrong one. Well EARLY Congrats Erika on your marathon lol. We know you'll rock it!!

Got a 4 day weekend. Will run with youngest son today. He's looking to do 2.3 (his longest is 2 miles) however knowing me I'll try to get him to do at least 2.5.