Cashmason 4.6 mi 46:21
    DenverDiva 2.7 mi 1:15:00
    Bugs 0 mi 42:00
    rockenmamaof5    
    dgb2n 0 mi 0:00
    Dutchie42 0 mi 0:00
    Murphy996 0 mi 0:00
    willamona 0 mi 0:00

have a great week all.  I'm officially attending Nobby's school of running excellence, or at least I'll try to keep up.

Im 2 months out for the Northcoast 24 Hour Challenge. Almost time to start training. My Plantar Fasciaits is bearable now..so, I will start my 2 months of living right tonight. I wil lose 20 lbs and ratchet up the miles. I know from past performance, that I can get in decent running shape in 1 month. I have no real expectations of total mileage--I will start conservatively..and get more aggressive as the day wears on.

Hope all is well..and everyone is surviving the heat.

really dead in here.."ran" the last three days. Just getting time on my feet. Am going to go out tonight for about 1.5 hours.Typically it takes me a couple of weeks to get back to decent running shape.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Im 2 months out for the Northcoast 24 Hour Challenge. Almost time to start training. My Plantar Fasciaits is bearable now..so, I will start my 2 months of living right tonight. I wil lose 20 lbs and ratchet up the miles. I know from past performance, that I can get in decent running shape in 1 month....

Wow. That's cool.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

yeah that's amazing that you can run that distance.  I think that level of training is still years away for me.  I'm only just getting through the three 11+ mile runs per week that are part of the Lydiard program.

I ran 8 miles during my lunch break the other day (97 degrees, 4x% humidity), then did the next 3 miles inside after I ran out of water.  Then last night I did 5 inside until my husband got home, followed by 7 outside (6:30pm so can't have been that hot), and I stopped three times and seriously pondered whether to turn back home, and in the end had drank 3 bottles of water.  I'm assuming I just went into last night a little dehydrated, but it took every ounce of my energy to drag my butt around.  It's supposed to be cooler out today.

evanflein

Be careful running in those hot temps, you guys! I almost sort of wish I could relate. It's been barely cracking 70 here, and we've had rain, but not enough to snuff out the fires south of town. Lingering smoke in the area, bleh. But, it's certainly not anywhere near as bad as in past years, so it's ok. Just wish we'd get some nice hot days! (I bet that sounds really weird to most of you...)

Time on your feet is what it's all about, Murphy. Hope things are going well with the family.

Missing Lou, Kimmie and Dutchie around here...

I'm trying to make this a peak week, but that's proving hard to do after Sunday's race. My legs are still not fully recovered and the runs this week have felt harder than they should. I'll get out for just an easy 4 miler today at lunch, then the plan for the weekend is 10/20... but I might switch and do the 20 on Saturday so I'll have time to get out to the blueberry hill Sunday afternoon.

I should clarify..that when I say "decent running shape" I mean something extremely different than all of you. I'll never get to that point. I just know I can ramp up relatively quickly from where I am now to being able to run for a relatively long time. I have no idea how the 24 hour thing will go..here's what Im thinking.

I know I can trudge through a marathon with zero training in 6 hours. = 26.2 miles

I know I can recover enough after doing so to spend most of the day walking (past Vegas marathons followed by walking the strip).

Worst case 26 miles in 6 hours + 2 miles per hour for the remaining 18 hours = 62 miles.

My strategy will be to start at 100 mile pace - roughly 14:30 minute miles- so I will be mostly walking at the start. I love running at night, so I plan on being very conservative until the evening, and if I feel ok after 12 hours of walking and jogging, and am near the 100 mile pace I will gradually start running more for as long as I can. It will be a new experience for me-so my mileage goal may be adjusted. But I really dont want to take any significant stops, and want to do a minimum of 2 miles per every 2 hours..avoiding long breaks.

Hawt and sexy

Doing the drive by post. I am thinking about actually logging my miles for a bit. But it is a bit of a hassle.

I'm touching your pants.

theyapper

On the road again...

I guess I can post here again since I am now actually a marathon trainer.  Started my training cycle this morning with a brutal, hot, humid, shirt-wringing 90 minute run.  Not fun.

This should be an interesting 15 weeks.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Hey guys!

Sorry to be MIA some lately-  lots of traveling and not a lot of computer time.... I have tried to keep reading and following what's going on.

For the first time in a long time, I've been forgetting to log all of my runs.  i still remember most of the time, but not always.   That's different.  I used to care a lot about weekly mileage.

Great to hear from you Murphy!   I'm impressed with the idea of a 24 hour challenge.   I can't even imagine.   Sounds like you have a solid plan.  I am hoping to get much more serious here in the month of August so that I can post a respectable time at the Rock n roll half on Labor Day weekend.  We're still out of town and get back Sunday night, so next week, I will try to get back to a better schedule.

Paul, hang in there.  My running coaches always said expect 1 minute per mile slower in hot temps.  And think of effort expended, not total time, so when the cooler temps come, you will reap the benefits of all that training.   But I hear you, it's super hot in northern Virginia.    We're in Michigan right now, and I ran the other day in 75 degrees, couldn't believe how nice that felt after getting used to 90 plus.

Hi Erika!    Looks like your training is going well, as usual.  Smile

hi everyone else-   Lou, Dave, Gen, Bugs, Pace, Jeremy, willa, Pam-   sorry if I missed anyone.

Hi, everyone!  Starting to build my endurance again -- it's an uphill climb (so to speak).  Today's 15 was quite warm, but I think less humid than it's been.

I'm not a big Lydiard fan myself.

A 24 hour race would be quite a challenge.

As you guys know, I post every.single.mile Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Got a non-race long run in this morning. First in months. Did it by joining two successive group runs -- yes, I still lack fortitude to go out and go long all by my self.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.