Marathon Trainers

Our New Addition! (Read 199 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

** To be updated Later **
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

She's gorgeous! What breed(s) is she? She's big!

Oh Mighty Wing

She's an American Bulldog. She's currently in the low 60's.

Happy Camper

She is a big girl. Your furniture looks way to nice for a puppy in the house. Had she received any training before you got her? Hope she makes a good running buddy.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

haha that furniture was hand me downs and now has stains from past parties LOL she has had some training. She was in a foster home so she is 90% potty trained and she is a pretty good walker. She is very shy and very timid so I'm hoping training will be easy.

Dave

She looks great. And she looks like she could probably eat Tater Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

She looks great. And she looks like she could probably eat Tater Wink
                yeah she keeps mouthing his paws - it's pretty funny!!! For those of you who don't know - this is tater
                Cashmason

Great looking dogs Shan. Don't run much with Penny till she is a year old. A dog's bone growth plates are still growing until they are a year old. Short runs should be ok. Talk to your vet. You need to toughen up her paws the same you get your legs and feet used to running.

Oh Mighty Wing

Great looking dogs Shan. Don't run much with Penny till she is a year old. A dog's bone growth plates are still growing until they are a year old. Short runs should be ok. Talk to your vet. You need to toughen up her paws the same you get your legs and feet used to running.
                    Thanks Cash! Yeah the running thing will be interesting. We will start slow and run just a little on our walks. She has some hip displasia already so we will see just how much running she will be able to do. It may not be much. Right now it doesn't stop her at all, but she may always be a short distance dog. I'm gonna take her to the vet sometime next week just so they can meet her and I can get some suggestions for exercise and such.
                    evanflein

Congratulations! I've always heard the pug/bulldog type dogs with the "smooshed in" faces don't do real well with long distances. Something about their breathing? I don't know... But have fun with her, and I hope Tater doesn't get squashed!

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah short muzzled dogs don't regulate heat like long muzzled dogs. And they have trouble breathing so you have to be careful.

Bugs

Did you know you were getting her or was it an x-mas surprise? She looks big. How big does she get? Would be nice to run with a dog. I run with the neighbor's lab sometimes and enjoy it, despite not really being a dog person. You need to get a some leather dog clothes. She looks like a motorcycle type dog.

Bugs

ya, bulldogs are awesome...but not good runners. I cant remember the exact reason..something about not regulating their temperature. Just do the research, as Im sure you will. They are high maintenance dogs--but have awesome personalities.

Oh Mighty Wing

We've been talking about getting another puppy since May - I finally found one DH agreed too. I'm guessing she will get bigger - maybe 20 more lbs. I'm not really sure though. Murphy - yeah they don't pant and sweat like normal dogs. She is FINIALLY coming out of her shell a little. I think it helps to have Tater to watch. For the last couple days I had to carry her 60lbs behind to the door to get her to go out. But she is much more willing now - guess she is learning to trust us. Even her puppy is coming back. I think she is going to be a really good dog. Murphy - yeah I definitely am seeing some of the high maintenance, but her personality is soo great that it kind of balances out. And I think once we get into a rhythm it will work itself out.

Bugs

Shan, I got a horse for sale if you're interested. Big grin After taking care of a dog that big a horse wouldn't be a big adjustment.

Bugs