Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

don't worry WRFB I might not be there - we'll see when march rolls around. I need to spent time running and thinking about my goals.
      Shan - I'd say slow and steady. I know someone who ran something like 7 marathons her first year of marathons (I don't know how long she ran before any marathons) and found herself in a condition where she couldn't run any for quite a while, maybe even a year. She was a bit older than you, but only 40 -- just a suggestion to be careful.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

thank you for the suggestion! For now my plan is to run lots and see where I end up! Wink we don't know what our bridges can do until we load them to failure.

Bugs

Dave, sorry about your knee. This training plan of cram as many miles in as you can just doesn't seem to work for us non-freaks. My legs have been cranky the majority of the last four weeks. It's not really fun training like this. 40-50 mile is a tough week. I think we were both wrong in not taking a cut-back week off a couple of weeks ago. Do you have access to a pool? I ran my best marathon when I ran 3 days and aquajogged 3 days. Not saying to do that, just that why can't we get it through our head that we run better rested. Pam, That is great about the kids doing good in school. You sound like you are like me, and you take those converences as your own report card. Shan, I think you should cut-back next week though. Better safe than sorry. That the rest before your body is pist at you, otherwise the recovery will take longer.

Bugs