Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/31 (Read 249 times)

Dave

What is this group coming to when a non-runner has to start the weekly thread?

Well, at least I'm a veteran so maybe it's fitting.  Happy Memorial Day everyone!  

I wasn't sure how to log home improvement so my mileage was low last week.  Slate tile backsplash in our kitchen is cut, up, and ready for grout.  I'm sure that wasn't the only reason I haven't been running though.

Got 3 miles in this morning with DW and DD5 (on her bike).  Enjoy your taper, Bugs!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Happy Memorial Day Dave and everyone!!  Thanks for your service to our country.   We have a lot to be thankful for.

Sounds fun, Dave, and be sure to post pics of the kitchen.

7 hot, sweaty miles with a friend.   Needed that run in a bad way.  80 degrees when we finished at 8:30- too lazy to get up any earlier.

Have a good one all!

Yes THANKS Dave for your service to our country! And anyone else here that has as well!

Happy Memorial day everyone. Hope everyone is having a enjoyable and SAFE weekend!

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.  It was about 85 when I got out for my  short run. Wasn't sure how far my feet were going to let me run since they felt like giant hot spots. Something about wearing this certain thin pair of socks on long runs that my feet just aren't too happy with. OH well they were fine during my run so can't complain. Took 5 minutes for my recovery drink then headed outside to transplant parts of my garden to other spots and then replant my garden with a bunch of new stuff that we got yesterday. I am soooooooooooo ready to go jump in the pool. Guess I need to fix the family some lunch so we can get swimming.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oops, still feels like Sunday.

Dave - thanks you you and all your fellow soldiers.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

I get pretty overwhelmed on Memorial Day.  Just very proud to live in America and very thankful for those who pay the price for me to do so.  You in particular Dave.  Thank you.

Got back from seeing my wife's family over the long weekend and got in a great 45 minute run in a slight rain.  Kept me from feeling the high humidity and wrapped up may with 130+ miles.  Most I've had in a month in a while, and I feel fantastic.

Enjoy the dinner on the barbie if you're grilling!  Me, not so much since it's all rain here in the Carolinas. 

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Went 12mi, got hot and tired -- dehydrated I think. Drank too much too cold liquid right after, and almost felt sick to my stomach. Now after a shower feel much better -- just a bit tired. And cold -- house is about 79F, and I need to go put a long sleeve shirt on.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Here's the new backsplash and counter tops.  The bunny came with the house by the way.  We couldn't bring ourself to take him down and now we dress him up for holidays (santa hat, mardi gras beads, etc.).

I think I should be able to count this for at least 10 miles.

One of our snotty neighbors saw it and said, "That looks great.  We have someone in our rolodex for stuff like that."

Nice...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Looks really nice. Also, I like the bunny.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Looks great, Dave.  I think it's worth at least 10 miles, maybe even more since you've got your own pace bunny there.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

NICE Dave!!! Looks kinda familiar

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Looks great, Dave.  I think it's worth at least 10 miles, maybe even more since you've got your own pace bunny there.

DITTO

Kimmie

Cool Dave!   that's a weird response from your neighbor, though.

After running yesterday morning, i then proceeded to spend 2 hours cleaning out the girls' rooms.  Then, we took a break and set up the slip and slide and even I got down and slipped and slided (is that a word?)  THEN, I just wasn't satisfied with their rooms, and proceeded to clean, organize, and move furniture, etc....   for 3 MORE HOURS.  I think I was a little tired at the end of all of that.  And I was embarrassed at how much trash we had by the curb.

This morning, I got out for 6 miles of fartlek.   Fun stuff.

I think I told that I've started training a 17 year old for basketball season.  I haven't trained in awhile, so it's nice to be back to it.  I'm debating on what workout to give her tonight.

noticed today Bugs defriended  me Sad

Just went through that with Katie's room, need to do it to Frankie's room. It's amazing how much crap they accumulate.   What kind of stuff will you do with the girl Kimmie?  BTW I fartleked this morning too.

Called dh to see whether I should get my 2nd run in before the twins got home or if I should wait until he got home. Well turns out he has planned for us to workout. Wish he would let me know a little earlier. Anyway went out and got an easy 4 in. Got 6 this morning. We'll see if I have much energy for tonights workout. Running in the heat tends to take a bit out of me.

evanflein

BTW I fartleked this morning too.

Now, if you weren't a runner and just stumbled across this statement, you'd think we're a pretty weird group. Ok, maybe we're a weird group even if you are a runner, but this struck me as funny.

Awesome work in the kitchen, Dave. And I love the bunny! Some people would go with an "everything goes!" approach, but I think having something goofy and eclectic like that is great. And tell your neighbor to stuff it. What a dick.

Nice running you guys! Yay to Paul for the good month and feeling fine! Can't argue with that.

I didn't run all weekend. Ok, I lied. I ran 9.1 on Saturday and that was it. Other than that, I was in the garden for over 25 hours from Friday through Monday but I got that thing all done! Well, ok, I lied again. I still have 3 swiss chard that need a home, and a 6-plant of mixed varieties of parsley that I need to find a place for. And a soaker hose to repair. BUT the big job is done and that's very cool.

If you guys want to hear more about our forest fires, here's an article from today's paper with some impressive photos. The fire causing us the most grief is the Toklat fire, the biggest one in the state. No pictures of that one, but plenty of others. It's smoky today, but not "too" bad (that's a relative term), so I'm planning a short run after work.

Forest Fires in Alaska

I need to get my treadmill moved into the garage and clean it up. We've been working on our apartment, and right now it's covered with plastic sheeting but it's also covered with sheetrock/spackle dust that I need to vacuum before I use it.