Marathon Trainers

Freeze your Ass Half Marathon (Read 146 times)

Kimmie

GOOD LUCK BUGS!!!!!! Smile Have fun! Here's a funny quote that one of my running friends sent me: "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - unknown Not entirely sure how this applies to running.... you're committed to running strong, I think? I know you'll enjoy being there with Nobby. Pictures and report please when you return!
      GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!! Hope to hear your buns are intact at the end of your race Tongue

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Thank you guys. It CRAZY cold here with 40 mph winds. Forecast for tomorrow is -8F, real feel -15F. I will be moving and a shaking just to get done. 6.6 out, 6.6 back, piece o cake.

Bugs

Bugs

BTW, it's really called the Securian Frozen Half Marathon but I like my name for it better.

Bugs

evanflein

Good luck Bugs. I'll train in that weather, but I'm smarter than to try to race in it!! Take care and be careful with those windchills.

Bugs

Erika, you have thought the 80 mile drive would have talked me out of it. Geez. Maybe a big guy will block the wind for me. Time is out the window tomorrow but I gotta feeling I'm not going to want to stand around and chat half way through. I hope I'm OK with just the cuddles and sporthill pants. I don't want to upgrade to Under Armor.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

GOOD LUCK BUGS!!!! KICK SOME ASS!!!!!

Dave

Knock em dead, Bugs. Hope you relax and run strong!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Good luck Bugs! Relax and run strong! Just a walk in the park!

Bugs

I stopped to fill gas and it's COLD, crazy cold. I had a desperate need to call Shan. Shan why are you not on my cell phone, oh because we've never talked before. I called Nobby, ya he's on my cell and said, "Nobby it's not going to be this cold is it?" He told me the race directory emailed him that the short was cut in half because of the frigid temp and wind advisory. So I didn't go, more because of driving distance, not the weather. Although a 6.6 mile race would have been a PR. Smile Sorry to disappoint you guys. I need to mail Nobby more cookies now.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I think you made the right move!!!

Bugs

Bugs - I think you made the right move!!!
                          THANK YOU! My kids were sure annoyed with me leaving, course now there playing the Wii and wouldn't notice that I'm gone.

Bugs

Oops - sounds like the right move!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

PS you could never disappoint us!!!

Bugs

I can tell you Nobby is very funny. We chatted on the phone for quite a bit. I have him almost talked into using his butter knife on his achilles. He was telling me how he ripped out part of his Asics Speedstars so they were more minimalist, and I told him that was not any more radical than using a knife on your achilles! He asked what I put on for an oil and said, "If you ever see Rod Dixon ask him about cocunut oil". Then he tells me this funny story about him and Rod Dixon. LOL, see 'I' unlike Nobby do not chat with the elite who's who in running. Nobby is so cool.

Bugs