Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/18/2010 (Read 161 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Erika - I stopped complaining about any of the cold weather here when I started reading about what you get to deal with.  And throwing in some exhaust makes me shudder.  Hope to be as determined as you are someday.

Rest day for me.  I love Thursdays.  Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

short and sweet but pretty fast.... it was literally squeezed in...

Gorgeous outside!!

Rest day for me today, too.

Kimmie - do you still think you'll be running the MCM, or did the ITBS interruption put the kabosh on that?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

I'm going to decide after Sunday, running the 10 miler

Dave

I got sick this week and have been struggling through a boatload of work. No running but I now have a FREE bib for the 10 miler if you want to bring a buddy, Kim. Hope we can link up.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Forgive my denseness, but are you saying that you are not running the race, Dave?   Or are you saying that you have an extra free bib?   My 2 running friends that were going to run are now not running it.    And they were the ones telling me to do it.  So, I don't know how many friends I have.  Smile    I do want to meet up with you guys, though.

I just sent you an email, so let me know the plan.

theyapper

On the road again...

Aww.  So many bibs floating around and I don't think I could swing a trip to use one.  Cry

Paul

evanflein

Hey Paul, it hasn't even really gotten cold yet! The cold I can handle, it's the ice, snow and the bad footing that drive me nuts. I hate that stumbling, backsliding feeling when I try to run.

Today was beautiful! Temps in the mid-30's, bright sunshine, and 6.1 miles at lunchtime. Overheated with two shirts on...

theyapper

On the road again...

10 easy miles.  Felt nice out this morning.  Bright moon, mid 40s.  Yum.

Paul

Kimmie

Morning!

Heading down to the EXPO in a bit to get there when it opens.   I'm excited and I will no longer talk about how little I've run and how this might be painful.  Smile  I know I can run 10 miles even if I have to walk.   So, I'll just go in with a positive attitude and see how far that gets me.

Dave

Forgive my denseness, but are you saying that you are not running the race, Dave?   Or are you saying that you have an extra free bib?   My 2 running friends that were going to run are now not running it.    And they were the ones telling me to do it.  So, I don't know how many friends I have.  Smile    I do want to meet up with you guys, though.

I just sent you an email, so let me know the plan.

Not sure I got the email but I did FB you.

I'm running it, I just had a couple of extra free bibs from people who registered and now can't run it.   I've now given both away.

I still feel lousy.  I'm running it anyway Clown.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

10.4 miles tonight, 8:30 avg pace. Wish I'd had more time (and daylight), I'd have gone 20 tonight. Felt that good. Hope that carries over to tomorrow morning. Planning on 20 miles, and hope to leave by 9 a.m. at the latest. We'll see how that works out...

Kimmie

Great run Erika! Dave, I fb messaged you. See you in the am.
                            theyapper

On the road again...

Dave, Kim - Hope you have a great race tomorrow!  Do you know if there's a way to track runners online?  It's always so fun to stalk people...

Had a great 20.4 mile run this morning.  It was one of those runs where you keep looking at the Garmin and the paces and wondering if you should slow down any, but before you know it the run's over and you did better than you ever thought you would.  Today I could tell the difference all this running I've been doing is making.  Hopefully, the marathon will be the same type of experience.

Paul

evanflein

I'm sure it will be, Paul. Good run for you! I love it when it works out that way.

Good luck to the 10 milers tomorrow!

I ran 21.1 today, actually got out lots earlier than I usually do. This is hard, because I'd like to get out earlier most times, but the temperature difference from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. is considerable (21° vs 38°Wink. So, I left around 9:30 and almost froze my hands off in miles 11 and 12... gradually warmed up as I headed back and had the wind at my back. It wasn't much of a wind, but it sure made a difference. Anyway, made the whole run at an average pace of 8:34 and felt good at the end. I felt like I could've kept going, but there was no point so just walked till DS2 showed up with the truck to pick me up.

Gives me 55.7 for the week, so I'm tempted to run a 6 mile recovery run tomorrow to top 60... it's been a long time since I've run 60 in a week!