Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/8/2010 (Read 178 times)

so sorry, Pam

get better Bugs

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Myrtle Beach Marathon and Half are canceled due to the snow.  Wow!  Crazy weather.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Myrtle Beach Marathon and Half are canceled due to the snow.  Wow!  Crazy weather.

Unreal.  Strangest winter ever maybe.  We've had very little snow here in Michigan.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Condolences on your loss Pam.

Bugs,  hope you feeling better by now.

There's some guy Apollo Ohno who is all over the tv.  Does anyone here know who he is?

Smile

4 very easy this morning.  So far, so good.

evanflein

{{Bugs}} Get better, pronto!! Hope you're feeling a little more human today. How's the granite look? I love my granite counter, but watch it with the kids... mine has a couple of nicks and chips in it, and it's only a little over 4 years old.

Yay for Lou getting out there! So far so good, can't argue with that.

9.2 miles for me today in bright sunshine with average pace of 8:46. The good thing about todays run is that really is an accurate average pace. Frequently I go zipping down the hill and then do the next 3-4 miles of flat too fast, then just die on the return trip. So my average would be 8:15's and 8:20's balanced out by 9's and 9:20's... Today I kept it pretty consistent and steady. I've also developed a bad habit of stopping to rest on my runs, and I said I wouldn't do that for at least 8 miles (today's original goal). I did up my goal to 9 (today and last Wed) because I'm thinking of dropping my goal for tomorrow to 15 (from 17) and this way I'd still get my weekly miles in. Here's the splits from today:

8:50 
              8:39 
              8:43 
              8:43 
              8:38 
              8:42 
              8:47 
              8:44 
              9:09 (back up the hill... I did stop once at 8.5 miles just for about a minute)
              last .2 was at 8:40 pace

Yay, me! Legs feel good enough afterward that I think I'll still shoot for 17 tomorrow, but again I'm avoiding any big hills. Last weekend's hills were enough for me for awhile.

Cashmason

Those are some pretty consistent times,   Miss inconsistent pace runner..... wink.
                  Heckova run, Erika.  Nice pacing.

I'm not sure how far to run today.  I'm thinking 10-13 miles very easy.  I do have 13 on the plan.  I'll cut it back if I need to, though.

Harriet just went out for 18.  The roads are really crappy with snow.  Neighborhood cul-de-sacs still have a lot of snow.  Outside the neighborhood we have minimal shoulders.  She'll be careful.  I usually do 9 in the neighborhood, then venture out.  Only 1/2 mile of it will be kind of dicey but if we pay attention (and if a driver isn't) we can always jump into a snowbank.

We went into the city of Frederick last night and the roads there were awful.  They have no place to put the snow and some of the piles may have been buried cars.  Good thing there are parking ramps and that there was room in the one we found.

Bugs

Erika,

I love the granite, wow chips, didn't think that was possible. Here is a link to pictures, hopefully it works!

That is a great run, you amaze me!!

Body feels better, but this cough is ugly, and throat is raw..no running for me for a couple of days.

Bugs

Dave

Love the cabinets, Bugs.  We had granite very close to that color in our last house.  Still deciding what to do with the new house counter tops.

At some point I suppose I should run again.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Rum & Snow, Num

I have a sore throat today, that might fix it. Think I will rest instead.

Jeremy Mankato Marathon registration is opened, I believe you asked me to let you now when it does. Remember those roads?

Thanks..that looks like an awfully friendly course.  What, not going up the stadium hill?   Sounds more and more intriguing!  I'm still hoping to do it!

Ended up running 8.  Adductor seems ok, but I figured that was enough.  Icy roads, only fell (hard) once, but there were several close calls.  I should have used yaktrax, I guess -- hopefully they'll help when I'm trying to run in the dark.

Tried to look at the cabinets, but for some reason the link didn't work -- said to be a temporary problem so I'll try again later.

theyapper

On the road again...

A very easy 30 minute run.  Finished the week right @ 21 miles.  Been awhile since I cracked 20, so that's a good thing.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice 20 Jeremy.

Lou, hope the adductor thing  goes away.

My quads are tired and my feet are sore; apparently taking two weeks off means that one gets tired and sore easily when starting back up. Who'd'a guessed.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

yes, needless to say we are pretty bummed about the decision to cancel the marathon.  What is called when we you leave an area that has seen record breaking snow totals, to go to an area that sees snow for the first time in 10 years?   Of course, being the northerner that I am now Smile,  I was SHOCKED when the news here in Myrlte Beach was talking about cancelling because of 2 inches of snow.  I knew it wouldn't be a problem here.  Everyone here was freaking out and we got up that morning and there was some snow on the grass but none on the street.  I understand that it was a tough decision and it's not normal for this area, so they really weren't sure how it was going to play out.

So, we drove 8 hours to be a part of the marathon- my plan to run my long run and then run the end with my cousin.  But, that's Ok.  I still ran that morning... and it was actually really neat to see the other runners and how excited everybody seemed to be with their #s on and how we were bucking the system and all.... and I got to see my sister and my cousins.

And trust me, I'm thrilled to take a break from the MAJOR snow.... (all the snow in Myrtle Beach is gone, now) 

I've been reading the thread but not able to respond on my phone, so i've absconded the laptop from DH.

Pam, sorry for your loss.

Bugs, hope you feel better.

Erika and Lou- good runs!!

Paul- great mileage.  

Hope to be able to meet everybody at National... just saw an email that says that it's full.... this keeps happening to me.. I wait until too late to sign up and it's full... I hope to be able to still squeeze in somehow.