Marathon Trainers

6/23-6/29 (Read 170 times)

Bugs

Dgb - Those are pay your dues run. Got put the time in now so when the weather is cooler your base is there. We've been blessed with cool weather, of course every non-runner is complaining it's too cold. Smile That's a pretty fast marathon. Erika - If that was my son I'd have a very clean house by the time they gone done being punished. Wow at 13 they've got guts, I didn't pull a stunt like that till 16. How old were you? Wink The trail is one place I use the headphones. The thing is the biker has the advantage, they could see me, I couldn't see them, thus I think bikers just need to slow down when passing. In general, I think they are pretty risky when passing. Shan Honestly think she had enough room to pass me, but she got nervous when I didn't pull over and slamed on the breaks, then the biker behind her hit her cause she was on the phone and was not driving with full attention. Just a bad deal all in all. I was not touched, boy I hope nothing is broken. She did not seem mad at me.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

So I ran a hill today. And when I say a hill I mean 1. It's 1.3 miles up and down. Elevation at the top is 531 and the bottom is at 361. Today I just ran the hill, but I think i'm gonna work on extending it.
      Cashmason

42 miles on the bike today with the g/f. Not as sore today, as I was after yesterdays 30 miler. But went slower because of g/f and was spinning in a lower gear. Also coasted more, as if I kept pedaling like normal, would leave her way behind. Thought of Erika, as we passed several equestrians in the Nature Preserve today, and later passed some corrals, where you could smell the horses, not see them. When I run on a bike path I run facing the bikes so I can see them. I also think wth was somebody doing riding a bike and being on a cell phone? And people always say they run with music low enough to hear whats happening around them. I seldom believe them. Even at low volume bikes and electric cars are hard to hear.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - that is some good mileage there! Hope you are gf had fun!

Bugs

Cash, Bikes only go one way in CA? Horse poop makes you think of Erika? Boy it's getting deep in here. Think I better find some boots to wear. Shan, IMO, the first hike up the hill is the worst. Walk or jog down, and try it again, it's easier. Tried to take the kids out for a mile run and I lost badly.

Bugs

evanflein

You know, my boss said the other day when he saw horse droppings on the trail he thought of me. I said, great, you see horse $hit, and I come to mind. He laughed.. of course he didn't mean it that way but it was funny. Thanks, Cash. Shan, yes it's still light out. Doesn't get really dark at all. And because the sun rises a little after 3, it was really light at 2:30 (we have really long twilights morning and night). Yep, he mowed the lawn and vacuumed the house. Tomorrow he leaves at 6 a.m. for a week of soccer camp in Oregon. But I think he's seen his last overnight for awhile... 14 miles today, 8:20 avg pace which is misleading cuz it was a "wave" run where you alternate EZ miles with faster miles. Usually you'd do the faster miles at MP, then work to HM pace... but since I'm training for a HM in August, and a 16.5 mile hilly trail run on July 20, I figured I'd do the faster stretches closer to HM pace. Just about killed me...Mile splits: 8:11 8:04 8:44 (up a steep hill I usually do around 8:55 or 9:05 here...) 7:46 8:25 7:34 8:33 8:02 (this was supposed to be 7:50 or so... hills and strong headwind, ugh!) 8:22 7:53 9:11 (2 x 1 min walk) 8:10 9:52 (lots of walk breaks) 7:50 (mile 14 was down the hill I went up at mile 3) Walked the last 1.8 miles to home, I was so done. I think I'll be sore tomorrow.... Hey, I posted a RR for last week's 10k here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/f17307244ada45adb21e6234762c2e8c Also some pics of my trip in Hawaii here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/37000562d890459692c2ecd7bab876a2

Oh Mighty Wing

Erica - It's crazy for me to even imagine what light all the time is! I mean it stays light much later in the summer here than in the winter, but it's still dark by 9:30. I hope I make it over/up there one day to experience it. So what is the goal with waving? 3 miles today. The last couple of days I've run easy. I think I'm still learning the difference between easy and recovery runs. I think before my easy runs were really more of a recovery run because they involved little/no effort. But the last couple of runs involved a little bit of effort but not much and it didn't wear me out - I think this is more easy. Does that even make sense? Anyway, it's a BIG milestone for me today! 75.7 Miles for the month!!!!!! That is SOO cool!! Big grin