Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/24 (Read 195 times)

Kimmie

Yay Paul! Dave- ouch! DH just broke his toe. Not fun.

Ouch, Dave.  Feet pictures?  I have some old ones I can dig up if there's a competition.  Smile

First 20 of the training cycle.  Not much of a progression run, but as I wasn't pushing for it, I'll count this as a "good run".

20.1 miles, 3:00:28, 8:57/mi, AHR 148 (72% MHR)

10@9:03(142), 10.15@8:52(153)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Coincidentally I just got a 20 miler in today as well. With a fast finish - another guy in the group was running his first ever 20, but he's fast, so I talked him into picking it up from 16.5 -- with the fear that he might drop me, but we pushed it in together. I was working pretty hard, but I was happy.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dutchie42

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

This morning was a 5.6 kilometer doggie run and this afternoon a 22 kilometer long run on the TM. Did the first 15 at my "slow" pace of 9K/h then increased the speed for the next 5 kilometers and finished with another 2 kilometers at my slow pace. I was very surprised I pulled it off. Ofcourse, I couldn't repeat this outside on asphalt Wink Distance maybe, pace no way! We'll see what happens next week: I intend to do it all again outside.

Lou: your commute took 4-ever due to snow?

Dave: chocolate ice cream eh? I think I'll enjoy my summer running a lot more this year Big grin Broken toes can take a while to heal. Hope it's only sprained.

Yapper: congrats on the 8K. Youre lightning fast. What's next?

Cash: what's wrong with the shoulder? Hope surgery went well?

Perry: are you training for a marathon?

Murphy: Is the wife feeling any better yet?

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

heh. Ive been eating like a horse lately. Lots of Ice cream. Raspberry chocolate chip is waiting in the freezer. If I get some good mileage in tonight, I might reward myself.

Dutchie--she probably wont feel better for at least 10 weeks--we're expecting our 2nd child. But seriously she has a bit of a cold on top of it, along with our 17 month old.

Good job on the 20 milers Lou and AP. And the 22k on the treadmill--yikes.

MTA--Bugs hasnt checked in for awhile--hope shes ok.

Lou: your commute took 4-ever due to snow?

heh

No, picking up my wife 3.8 miles away from my office took 4 hours.  It took another 2 hours to get home.

Dave

I'll have to look in on Bugs on FB. All this good running makes me realize I'm still in maintenance mode. 4 today on the treadmill in 36:45. 2 easy warmup. Then 1.75 at 8:30 for something like a little tempo run. Not sure it was quite fast enough to make me really work for it. Toe wasn't hurting much. A little tender now. I took pics, Lou. Don't tempt me :-)

MTA:

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not exactly targeting a marathon, but I am running a local one in mid March, and I'm starting to wonder how fast I should try to race it -- which is one of those perennial questions we see runners wonder about marathons Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

doesnt look too bad Dave, but I spent about 6 hours this morning while up with my daughter watching Everest: Beyond The Limit--and saw a bunch of frostbit toes and feet that had to be amputated--so it would take a lot to really impress me this evening. Good news is I dont think amputation is necessary.

A lazy 3 miles tonight. I guess its better than a lazy DNR. Dissapointed in my week, overall. I guess my schedule and lack of energy were just a sign that I needed a step back week.

Ouch, Dave!