Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/28/2011 (Read 327 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

+1

It's a good thing that guy handed you the gatorade bottle before he started rather than after he was done.  Hey, you never did say what he did with it.

Oops, I thought I did.  He put it down on the ground and walked away.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I did a nice 4 miles of recovery and wrote my lengthy race novel report.

A Tale of PRs, Pee and Puke (Almost)

AWESOME report!!!!  You may not have gotten the 1:45 but you sure gave it a shot which is a lot more than some people (myself included) would do! Great report Paul and CONGRATS on both PR"S!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

9 miles today 4 at a moderate pace. Ended up crashing majorly at the end of the run despite having a good breakfast  a half hour or so before starting my run. Gotta be careful and make sure I start eating better and more!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Have some soreness, so doing baby runs. Will see how long my patience for this holds out.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Have some soreness, so doing baby runs. Will see how long my patience for this holds out.

My money's on until tomorrow. Big grin

Intended to run today, but didn't.  Will run tomorrow for sure.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My money's on until tomorrow. Big grin

Intended to run today, but didn't.  Will run tomorrow for sure.

Ye of little faith. I intend to be careful some more.

Except my running partners are all doing 1600 intervals this evening, which sounds fun.. Hmm....

Smile

ugh my flipping hand still really hurts from my weekend acrobatics.  I'm so glad I'm starting my taper because I'm really not into running this week.  Mon/Tue my legs were a little sore still from Saturday but today they're ok.  I'm just barely getting through to keep my streak going.  I'm sure I'll be ok for my 8-10 tomorrow.

theyapper

On the road again...

Trying to get back into stuff this week.  Ran a nice 5 miles today, will run about 6 tomorrow (hopefully) and then head to Charleston for the Bridge Run on Saturday followed by a few days relaxing with my family.

Looks like if I can survive the first 2.5 miles, I'm home free, huh? Elevation profile for the Bridge Run

Paul

Kimmie

Good luck! I've run that bridge but never run the race. I loved it, though.
                    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've never done a big bridge run like that. Hope it's fun - probably a nice view.

I have to concede Paul guessed correctly -- I didn't do the 1600s, but I couldn't resist joining in to help out -- I joined DW for various pieces of laps, and then another friend for his very last 200M. Also I went 7mi today, considerably more than I've done the past couple days. I felt pretty good, so hopefully I'm mending.

Gen, maybe it's fortuitous timing, as taking it easy to recover from your scrapes coincides with taking it easy for the taper.

Rest day for me.

AG, you are continuing a streak through your taper?  Just curious what is the motivation?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

just the minimum, but yeah.

Motivation...not sure...only at 60 something days.

theyapper

On the road again...

A very easy 3.5 today - legs felt a bit heavy, so I stopped it a little short.

Paul

evanflein

I finally got a run in last night! Yay! 6.3 miles at a pretty good clip, legs felt good and better yet, chest felt good and only a little bit of coughing. I'll go out for more tonight after work, just need 4 to hit 200 for the month. Smile

Happy taper, AG. What are you tapering for? You running Boston too? Nice streak you've got going. Was that intentional? Whenever I get 10 days in a row I surprise myself, and sometimes will try a couple more days just because. I think my longest "streak" is 14 or 15 days, but don't remember. I try not to notice, because a "streak" can take on a life of it's own and become more of a goal than the actual runs.

Boston pfft, I'm nowhere near that yet.

I have to get a 3:40.  When I turn 35 in September I get an additional 5 minutes, so we'll see how possible it is after my next marathon.

April 16 - Olathe marathon.

I did it last year and swore never again.

Although I said that about both marathons.

I'm definitely enjoying the change from 'having to run 8mi', to taking it easy.  I think I've pushed my long runs back too far though and I'll be doing them one after another at the end of this week.

My hand seriously hurts though, as does my knee, so like Perry said, perfect timing for a tumble!