Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/19-5/25 (Read 194 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

erica - maybe you have been dreaming about foot crampingly good sex??? soo good in fact it actually caused your foot to cramp up and hurt!!! 4 miles today.
    Cashmason

Shan, good story, but I bet wasn't just dreaming. Erika, sorry the foot is hurting.
      evanflein

Ok you guys... Roll eyes Ran 6.3 miles of hills last night. Felt good, foot felt great. Iced it a bit last night and again this morning it was sore. Seems like it "loosens up" and feels a little better after I get going. Bought some cushioned metatarsal pads yesterday and will try them today. DH found my Garmin! Amazingly (and annoyingly) enough, he found it in the suitcase, which I'd checked twice! Grrr, oh well. Glad to have it back. Will let him gloat for awhile before I remind him of all the things I find for him that are right under his nose... Taking today off as a vacation day. This is my big gardening weekend, and DH will be heading down to Valdez with friends tomorrow for halibut fishing (yeah!). So I'll have the house more or less to myself, just the kids who might actually be somewhat helpful. Am I dreaming or what? DS1 has a job interview at 11, but that's the only real time commitment on my schedule today. Might head to the gym for some weights, need to get to the nursery and clean up the house... got plenty to do to keep me busy. Wanted to get a couple trail runs in this weekend cuz the trails are in good shape, only a few muddy spots. Now that I have my Garmin back that can keep a signal lock while in the trees, I'm good to go! Have a great weekend everyone!

Happy Camper

Okay I thought I felt a slipping in the Cosmos. Let's get this straight. Woman can't see something in plain sight and Man has to point it out and find it for her? Big grin Dude! Your gender card has just been revoked!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Erica - have fun in your garden!!! 3 today. Cash - the paste was the BEST advice ever! I love to run!! Saturday: 3.2 recovery miles... recovery is really hard! I really have to make myself slow down. But it feels good. I'm gonna try to run a longer run tomorrow and see how it goes.
            Cashmason

Today's work out. 2 hours of sucking Christina's wheel.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - can I get some clarification??
                Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Short version: 4:32:15 Garmin time (should be very close to chip time) Slightly extended version: 20+ minute PR!!!!! Galloway saved my hash on this one. Considering after I got the flu whil training I never went over 34 miles in a week and never ran over 18 miles for a long run, I'm uber stoked that I did as well as I did. You guys are awesome! I'll post a full RR tomorrow or Monday. I left it all out on the course today and it was a 6.5 hour drive home. I am going to bed.

Bugs

Erika, Should have seen DS2 do the youth run last weekend. 4000 kids running and he was passing people left and right. He ran (without Mom) into a large dome filled with people like he owned the place. He said, '"It was awesome". What I don't get is all the parents that have their kids is a million activities but are inactive themselves. Seems most parents don't set a very good example. Your kids must be amazed by your running. Sorry about the footsie. Your injury is different than mine was, but reduced running worked much better than no running. I've talked to several people (non-runners too) who say they hurt their feet, hurt for a long time, and one day the pain suddenly stops. Shan, Foot cramping good sex, you are clearly a newlywed still. I'll settle for brushed teeth, and slightly awake sex. Inerta, Hope you had a good marathon. (don't think it was Sunday) 16 miles today, felt slow and long. Trying not to overdue it since I just raced last weekend. Racing Delima, Race a 10k on Monday, for sake of physical fitness, Race a 2.5 mile race, where I'd likely win a prize. They both start at the same time, I can't do both. I have a 8K and 10K in June also. Which should I do on Monday? I'm so pysch'd to be on this forum, running long again, and even in training for a marathon. Smile

Bugs

evanflein

I'll settle for brushed teeth, and slightly awake sex.
                      Oh boy I hear ya... We've actually migrated to morning cuz we're both just too wiped out in the evening! As for your race... I'd do the 10k. Better test of where you are for race pace than the 2.5 miler. Of course, you could always to the 2.5 mile, snag your prize, then go run some more. P2R... *ahem* The Garmin was NOT in plain sight. It was tucked up under the toiletry bag that snaps into the suitcase. I'd shaken it around to see if anything was there, but it was hiding pretty well. DH found it in there... yes, he's making a deal about it. But I had to remind him of all the times it's gone the other way! I'm still way out there in front. Big grin MrI... patiently awaiting details... Nothing done in the actual garden yet, but I'm getting lots of other stuff done. The weather hasn't been really nice for being out in the garden, but I did trim up and clean up a lot of my shrubs and trees. Went to the nursery to get bedding plants, and I must be late this year cuz most things seem pretty picked over. I love my garden, but I'm sure not into it like I was a few years ago. Just too much else going on it seems. Got my run in today... 8.5 miles, first 6 at tempo with 8:04 avg pace, last 2.5 miles at 9:19 and a lot of work getting back up the hill. We really need rain too, at one point a few trucks passed me and kicked up a lot of dust... Ack.

Dave

You guys are killing me. Blush DW was LHAO on your comment bugs. Probably hit too close to home. Not sure if this is a poll or not, but we've sort of shifted to Saturday mid-morning (not exclusively, thank goodness). Erika, please turn over your gender card. Plain sight or no plain sight, I'm with P2R on this one. Beautiful sunny Sunday morning. Just made a big pancake breakfast for the kids. Wishing I'd run before hand. Will go 5-6 later depending on how the legs feel.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ok so I am sure glad you guys are all still gettin busy because it gives me hope that kids/years later we will still be gettin busy!! Big grin 5 miles today. Considered it my long run since it's the longest i've run in a while. But it was progressive... but not on purpose. The issue i'm having is that i don't really feel like i'm going faster. I just run at a comfortable pace which must get faster as I loosen up, maybe? So should I worry about trying to maintain a steady pace or should i just go out and run comfortable and let it be what it is? Husker, Higa, Hank, Peach, Murph - you guys/gals out there??