Marathon Trainers

6/16-6/22 (Read 136 times)

Cashmason

i did a 5 mile run yesterday (shhh don't let anyone know I actually still run) and now the right groin is kinda cranky. Tri race on Sunday. I should be really cranky after that.

Oh Mighty Wing

Well good luck Cash!!!! I hope your groin holds out!
      Cashmason

No groin holding here Shan.... wink.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - well darnnit! Maybe that's the problem! Not enough groin holding... groin's need love too! Ok so you know it's time to stop the recovering bit when you decide to turn your 1 mile run into a new gear test-drive paste run! On my 1 miler today I tried out my sunglasses (interesting and will take some getting use to), my handheld water bottle thingy (seems ok, but only longer distances and more sweat will tell), and ate lots of paste at a comfortable 10:44 pace... but man I feel good! Time to get back to running!! oh PS if you are going to run with a hand-held hydration system hooked to the same arm that your garmin is on please make sure the top is pushed down before checking your garmie. This ensures water stays in the bottle and not on your leg! Oops! Blush

Dave

Cash - well darnnit! Maybe that's the problem! Not enough groin holding... groin's need love too!
            Trying ... not .... to comment ...... Unscheduled rest day today. I may still try and squeeze in an easy 4. My house will be filled with 10 year old girls watching the Jonas brothers so I have a strange feeling I may want to find a reason to get away. Anyone racing this weekend?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Saturday - i'm becoming a 1 mile loser... I seriously need to get back to running... but I didn't get to bed till 1:30am. I slept till 7 when I got up to let the dog out. Was back in bed 8 and didn't wake up again till 1:30. And by the time DH and I decided to get off the couch it was 6:30pm... I am officially a waste of space! Let's hope I get up early enough tomorrow to get my run in before the baby shower I need to go too. Sunday - So I got all excited to stretch my legs because I'm thinking my legs are feeling crazy from not running. So out I go feeling really good! 1.5 miles in it all goes to poo - almost literally I'm afraid! Worst run to date. (Yes, even worse then all the knee pain I had) Wow it's pretty quite out here... I hope you all are having wonderful weekends!! Cash - hope your tri goes well today!!

Dave

Sorry to hear about the tough run on Sunday, Shan. I'm sure you'll get back at it. Sleeping in until 1:30. Wow. I rarely predict how peoples lives will change after they have kids but I can pretty much guarantee that those days will be over Wink I'm having a bit of trouble getting myself to do my long runs on the weekends (I did 9 midweek so I don't feel too bad). Just under 4 very gentle miles today so the weekend wasn't a total loss running wise. I'm getting back into doing some professional photography (long time hobby) so I did a free baby picture set for one of the pastors at our church who's wife had a baby about 5 weeks ago. I love taking pictures of kids so it was a labor of love. Spent a good part of the day fixing them up. I'll use them to build my portfolio and hopefully bring in a little Christmas money with some family photos. I'll share a link when things get up and running. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Dave

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com