Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/10 (Read 287 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

A new week of running.  I did enjoy a cutback week last week, but never intended to cut back so much, so I'm really happy to see a new week.

I kicked it off with a nice 50 min run.  Temps were mid 40s.  Great start to the week!

MTA: The word week.  I didn't use it enough in the post.    Week.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I count 6 "weeks" above Smile

35°F at the start here -- I started at about 7.  We were able to sleep in because we're taking today off of work to hang out with the baby and Harriet's daughters.  dawndaughter1 is here until Friday while her husband drives towards San Diego where they're moving.  They figured a cross-country drive would be torture for the baby, and it's a bonus for us to be able to spend so much time with them.

dawndaughter2 brought her boyfriend over on Saturday to meet us for the first time.  I guess they were both nervous -- not sure why, as we're not that scary.  He's a nice guy and they seem to get on quite well.

Easy 3 miler this morning -- I tried to run slow, felt like I was running slow, but ended up with 8:48/mi pace.  HR was nice and low, though, at 136 so I guess that's a good thing.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Morning all!!

I had a great Mother's Day, but decided not to run the 5K.   We just had too much fun  Saturday night!  Smile   I also would have missed breakfast in bed, so, it worked out.

Headed out for an easy 3... having some upper back tightness.  I know I need to loosen up more when I run.  I wish I could just fix my form.

Hail to The Victors!

after a weekend race 5K on Saturday in a blistering wind(third overall in a small field, got a cute little trophy), and 16 miles yesterday, today is an easy 9ish, out enjoying the weather.  No Kenyans today, though, I was bummed. 
          evanflein

Very nice 20 miler for Bugs yesterday, complete with ice bath! You know how to live it up on Mother's Day.

Nice race for Perry with a win in the wind! So did you miss the turn and the race was long? I'm sure everyone thanked you for the 6k, right?

Paul, I'm glad this is a new week, too. Didn't get my long run in yesterday, just no time. Well, I guess I had the same amount of time everyone else got, I just used mine very inefficiently. Oh well. Decided to run tempo instead, so 7.4 miles at 7:45 avg pace. Mile #7 was at 7:19, so that was cool. Felt good on this run, but did stop for traffic and once to admire our new baby reindeer at the farm (below the building where I work). They sure are adorable! I'll have to take pictures one of these days and post to show you guys.

Hawt and sexy

Whew.  This is going to be a hard week. I gotta finish a marathon again on Sunday so that I can be an official Maniac. Like, wow. Not a fake one like I am now. Pocono Marathon, be there or be square.

I'm touching your pants.

Go Amanda!  Have a great run on Sunday!  (in case I forget before the weekend Smile )

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

It makes me feel like even more of a runner just being in a forum online with maniacs.  Go Amanda!  Surely the temps will be more forgiving this time, right?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Very nice 20 miler for Bugs yesterday, complete with ice bath! You know how to live it up on Mother's Day.

+1

Nice race for Perry with a win in the wind! So did you miss the turn and the race was long? I'm sure everyone thanked you for the 6k, right?

No, I just went past the unmarked turnaround. And no, they didn't thank me; ungrateful wretches -- hehSmile

And yeah, at least weather looks good for Amanda to not get oventoasted again -- go Amanda.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Go Amanda!  Have a great run on Sunday!  (in case I forget before the weekend Smile )

+1 Maniac, wow!

Bugs

Bugs

Went to TRI Expo tonight, learned a bunch about TRIs that I didn't know. Yikes, this sport could brake the bank. I don't have a wet suit, was going to do the first without one. Really not excited about wearing one of those.

Had my body fast tested 18.5%. I was happy with this since my weight is up, but I feel like I'm running better than I was 10 pounds lighter. She said I should eat 500 calories every meal, total 2500/day at this much training. I try to eat much less than that.  Sometimes I eat more, sometimes less. I wonder if I just did what she said, and not fast so damn much if I'd see better results. She was a personal trainer, so she also really pushed the strength training, especially in the off season. Hard to argue with her though, her body was amazing, and not just a show piece body, as she's very competitive in TRIs.

Bugs

Cashmason

Yes Triathlon can be an expensive sport.     On the other hand if you only do a few triathlons in the summer,  do you really need a wet suit?   You said .4 mile swim.  = about 700 yards  = about 14 minutes I would guess.

You can rent wet suits for 40 dollars,  buy one for a couple hundred   or be cold for 15 minutes.    Plus if you dont put it on right,  it feels like rubber bands pulling your arms and shoulders down.

5 Miles tonight after teaching spin.

How fun to have  Dawndaughter 1 and grandbaby for  a few extra days.

Erika,  a 7:19 mile  makes you a fast woman

Bugs

Erika,

That is smok'en fast. I doubt I could race a 5k at that pace.

Cash,

Oh no I wouldn't get one for just that TRI, I assume I'll go OCD over this sport and planning ahead. Smile

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you can try one out, you might want to compare with and without arms.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Hey Bugs, just FYI, there is a Swim, Bike, Run group here at RA.   I think Cash recommended it to me when I was talking about doing one.   Someday....

Good luck Amanda!  Sounds fun.  Is Pam running that one too.

Dave, if you're lurking, we want to hear from you.  Smile

Ran 5.5 miles in 50 minutes with a friend.  Almost bagged this one, because, apparently I had a gall bladder attack last night.  I've never had one before.  I had no idea what was going on; sharp shooting pain, went to the Dr.  and that's what he said.   So, I need to stop eating like crap.   He said it's not severe, but I need to go really low fat for the next few days.   And no coffee.  Sad   I had to take some painkillers just to be able to sleep last night.  I asked him about running and he said he thought it would be Ok if I felt alright.  So, I think that means that I'm officially getting old.