Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/5 (Read 355 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good morning all. Missed most all of last week here, but the running was good. Running well, running consistently. Official Bayshore 16 week training starts in 3 weeks - totally excited about that. Still super busy and not around much. Doesn't look like that's going to change too soon Sad but I'll stop in when I can. Good runs and happy new year to all. There's a RR for my time trial in the RR thread. I'm getting faster.

Bugs

Dave, It was not yet midnight where I live. We both did really good. Mine was mostly just junk miles. I had rough start at it my first attempt of LR. Not drinking enough water lately, I am never ever thirsty so I have to remind myself to drink. I see graston doctor for wrist today. 15 years as programmer, never had 24hr pain like this. Think it was FB that did me in.

Bugs

Dave

No technical glitches will prevent me from posting the weekly miles. I arched my mouse hand and am pretty sure that I'm avoiding carpal tunnel. Here's last weeks mileage listing. I apologize if I left anyone off. Bugs - 50.2 dgb2n - 47.1 jhallum - 46.9 p2r - 46.2 wrfb - 33.3 MrInertia - 29.1 Shanhas - 28.2 Brian - 16.6 Cash - Cycling and stuff Erika - Has cleverly hidden her log. Clever weekly summary: I think I proved this week that Bugs can be taunted into a 50 mile week on very little notice and without much provocation. Also, I'm enjoying the fact that Jeremy's taper week is just about equal to my peak mileage. MrInertia should be renamed MrConsistent if he were a superhero. Shan had a great week and probably set her personal record for mileage on "non stunt" weeks. Erika doesn't like random pictures being posted even if they're linked to her own photobucket account and I'm guessing she's tired of all the weekly mileage summaries. Good luck this weekend for our marathoners Jeremy and Erika down at Disney!!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - I here by dub you Summary-Dude. I expect summaries on Monday of every week - following Mr. I kicking us off for the weekly thread. And you are incorrect. I ran 29.4 miles in February - followed by severe knee pain and about a month off. But my legs feel great and hopefully this will not be a repeat of earlier this year!

Bugs

Summary-Dude, you forgot Kimmie.

Bugs

Dave

Summary-Dude, you forgot Kimmie.
              My humblest apologies. That's why I shouldn't do summaries without automated assistance. Kimmie - 36.9 (including a PR in the 10 miler). I did caveat that with "non stunt". If you get injured, it is by definition a stunt in and of itself. You worked up to this Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

that's ok.... I forgive you. Smile I like how my weekly mileage is lower than so many who do NOT have a full marathon coming up in 6 weeks. yay me... Roll eyes This week, I vow to run 50 miles at least.

Bugs

My humblest apologies. That's why I shouldn't do summaries without automated assistance.
                  Us programmers do this to our users so that you learn to appreciate us. It is also why the programmer, right after the lawyer gets eaten in Jurassic Park, in the end we get what we deserve. MTA: I vow not to run 50 miles this week.

Bugs

Bugs

Dave I think the summary reports are funny and you should keep doing them. I like the commentary. We're all in different places and sometimes less miles are needed, or we ran/need to run faster and need to cut miles to do so (MEEE). We all know what we need to do, but I liked seeing what everyone is up to. Sometimes that gets missed. Erika knows we all think of her has hardcore and is strong enough not to care about mile summaries. Everyone is smart enough not to go double their miles just to be at the top of the summary; Shan you're not going to go out and run 51 miles next week are you? Wink

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs, I don't think I am!! haha at least that isn't my plan.
                        missd me mileage in the summary. You are forgivven, as I have had no mileage the last few weeks.

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - that's a nice little streak you have there.

Dave

missd me mileage in the summary. You are forgivven, as I have had no mileage the last few weeks.
                            I shouldn't rush the summaries, I guess. I actually had yours written down, 21.2. That may have been one of your highest weeks on record that didn't include a bar that says 26.2 Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - why is my marathon considered a stunt and his not??

Dave

Dave - why is my marathon considered a stunt and his not??
                                Because he's older. I have no other reason. Even stunts count as marathons, I was just trying to distinguish good training from deep end diving Wink And I crosstrained today. 20 minutes on the elliptical and some weight lifting.

dgb2n@yahoo.com