Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/25/2010 (Read 213 times)

17.4 miles in 3:02.  Ran with Harriet until about 12.5 when we realized our garmins were off by 1/4 mile from each other and we'd want to turn around in different places.  So I ran on further then caught her on the way back.  But by then we were headed uphill and her "dirunal range" is much broader than mine, so I went on from there as well.

No problems with either the calf or the thigh, so I think I'm good to go from here.  Thank you all for putting up with my whining.

Geez, I'm hungry -- should eat something...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats to Erika and Bugs for  getting 10+ miles in. And Lou, our neighbors measured 9" while it was still falling, and another friend measured 12", so you have to have plenty of snow up there -- nice job going long in it.

Crystal always gets more mileage in cause her watch counts it faster for whatever reason (305 vs 405 or whatever), so I either make it up if she has a facility break in the middle, or just make it up afterward, if I want to get the same total.

(Of course now it's no problem, til I start running again.)

She's making scrambled eggs now. With biscuits and grits I think.  Time to go stuff myself.

Hey, P2R, nice run streak - just saw that in your log.

I got nothing for my favorite hooker -- I mean, I like her, but I just don't appreciate her new avatar as much as she does.Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

mmm, grits

I haven't had grits in, like, forever.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Had bacon in the grits. Yummm.

Breakfast would be good after National maybe...

Looks like some good running going on for Team BLister this weekend!

I know it's hard to believe but Willa is nowhere as wild as you may think Wink BTW we need to schedule a day together soon Amanda!

I was beginning to think I screwed up my addy Bugs. I'm looking to have it all set up and use tomorrow. We'll see if it speeds up the recovery of my shoulder.

15 miles in the books today for myself. Pretty cool it was 15 degrees out and we had 15 on the books though I really should have done 19 since it's my son Jordan's 19th birthday. Just didn't think that would have been wise though.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend! Hope all injuries are on the mend! 

Also an early birthday wish to Kimmie!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

awesome running going on here.

Ran 10 on Saturday in the gorgeous weather.  Didn't get a run in this morning...something to do with being out until 2 am with friends for my birthday.   Smile

thanks for the early birthday wishes.   Does that mean that I have to run 40 miles tomorrow?

Glad all of you who were illing are feeling better.

Have to say that I'm not looking forward to going home to the snow... should be able to get a decent run in tomorrow.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's a good idea; you could celebrate your 40th by running 40 for the week.

evanflein

I got in 12 miles today and boy was that tough. Legs tired, more than half the run was on pretty rough terrain (hard packed uneven snow) and I kept having wardrobe and overheating issues... then chilled from those last two. Oh well, got it done and 38.8 for the week. Almost to 40...

Just for grins, I totaled up all my cross training this month. Besides my 80.6 miles run (better than November), I had this on the calendar:

6 hours 20 minutes of weight training 
                  52.1 miles on the elliptical 
                  7.9 miles stationary bike 
                  7.5 miles on the rowing machine 
                  5 hours 15 minutes water running 
                  zero rest days.... 

I guess my legs have good reason to be tired. I was surprised to see how all that added up to a lot of stuff. And so, what I want to know is... how come I'm not losing weight?? I swear I'm not eating that much...