Marathon Trainers

Happy New Year - Week of 1/4/10 (Read 251 times)

Bugs

I bet you guys feel sorry for my cabinet maker. I don't make decesions easily. I talked with my husband about the fall marathon and it was a stressful discussion. I am okayed for one marathon trip, location of my choosing. My RP would normally take my kids but I can't ask this year, she'll be pist at me for not running Mankato so I can't dare ask her. It would be easier for me if we agreed to do Chicago 2011 as my running friend has committed to it, and I don't want to go alone.

Kim, I agree your priorities were absolutely right. You are a great mother and runner, don't forget it. If I ever ran the Mariane Corps Marathon would I be able to stay with you, if you were running it too? Not sure how far from D.C. you are. I would love to do that one too.

Dave, hope work gets better for you too. Seems like ever since you've moved it has been more stressful, sometimes it takes time to adjust to new everything. 

Cash, you rock. I have two friends that rent the pool at a hotel here once a week to practice tipping their kayack. God I wish i had lived that life prior to having kids.

I am sore beyond belief. Yesterday was a free 1:30 hr biking class, and since I'm signed up for a triathlon, thought that would be good.  Then I swam again for 40 minutes, and today I ran for 10 miles. My core, and arms are so sore they hurt to touch, and my legs, they are just dead. I think I know why those triathlon dudes got bodies to die for, they kill it in training. Planning for some rest, and then more running next and less XTing.

Bugs

Kimmie

Bugs, most definitely!!!
        I guess PDR and I are pretty lucky that the kids are out of the house, at least as running goes, and of course it helps that we're both training at the same time.

13 miles or so for me today, per plan -- good run but it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be.  My weatherbug said 14° and 13 mph winds, but sporttracks said the start was 17 and finish was 23.  Wind wasn't bad at all.  So I kept shedding head and hand garments, and ran with my jacket mostly unzipped most of the time.  Worked out fine after all that, but I did stop by the house after 8 and trade down the outer gloves.

Regarding work, I'm looking at extra long hours for the next three weeks (well, luckily we have a few days of vacation in the middle of that -- skiing), so doubles are out of the question.  I think I ran one double, once.  Not much time for that given our standard work hours and commute anyway.

Hmm, maybe we can figure out how to have a team blister get-together around the MCM.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Almost forgot to run before daylight faded. Watch was dead so looked at clock on way out. Ran around and was pretty sure I had a solid 30+min in. Was shocked to find I'd run over an hour, when I got back Smile

Gonna get me a banana split tonight to celebrate a lot of running this weekend.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Almost forgot to run before daylight faded. Watch was dead so looked at clock on way out. Ran around and was pretty sure I had a solid 30+min in. Was shocked to find I'd run over an hour, when I got back Smile

Gonna get me a banana split tonight to celebrate a lot of running this weekend.

You sure are running a lot of miles.  Are you training for anything specific, Perry?

I know you're running the National, but an ultra or something?

Kimmie

Ran 12 miles- was supposed to be 13-  following the same plan as Lou.   (but my miles are a lot slower than Lou's)

I made up a new loop that i liked that I thought would be 13, but ended up with 12... close enough, it was cold and getting dark.

Sooo cold when I started but then I turned a corner out of the wind.  The plan this week is to get some more running pants.  Smile

I am pretty sure that I will run the National half.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I intend to run Lower Potomac River marathon (2 wks before National, I believe). I might try Bull Run 50, two weeks after National. If I work up my courage.

Dave

I intend to run Lower Potomac River marathon (2 wks before National, I believe). I might try Bull Run 50, two weeks after National. If I work up my courage.

I have heard evil things about the Bull Run 50.  Rolling hills pretty much the whole way.

Just under 9 on the treadmill this evening.  It was warm enough to run outside but I couldn't bring myself to face the weak footing.  More snow tonight.  Tomorrow most likely a rest day. 

Great running, Kimmie.  Sometimes I wonder if that last mile or so really matters.  I ran for almost 1:20.  Would an extra 10 minutes have made that much difference?  I guess it does over time.  

I'm really missing my long runs.  Need to make time and get back out there.  At least my mileage has been better (nearly 30 two weeks in a row).

MTA:  For Perry, you are an absolute nut.  30 milers on consecutive weekends.  Do you want to stay at the top of the swamp that badly (still doesn't quite get him there by the way).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No, see, I've been somewhat corrupted. Lots of hills means lots of walking. My 50K was over most of that course, and I enjoyed it. Nice walking breaks. And stopping to eat at the aid stations. Not like this marathon nonsense with nonstop running,

I'm getting corrupted.

PS: The first couple days of this year were just a running stunt. Yesterday was fun doing two long runs. But this is not a mileage rate I plan to sustain.

Dave

But you're still a nut.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ran 12 miles- was supposed to be 13-  following the same plan as Lou.   (but my miles are a lot slower than Lou's)

14 weeks until Boston tomorrow.  2 weeks build up then a peak week of 55 (to 11 weeks out).

For me, next week should be to plan but the following week we're going skiing starting on the weekend, so I'll miss the 18 and have to pick up the following week with the 20.  Yikes!  Smile

Bugs

Dave,

Now you know why it is hard to do spring marathons up here.

Kim,

I ran 10 instead of 11 yesterday. Although I wish I had stopped at 5, feeling too sore today.

My legs sort of have a burn feeling today. I was going to swim, but think I will do just 20 minutes of light ellipitcal instead, followed with foam rolling.

Bugs