Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/13 - 7 days of Boston Taper Madness (Read 344 times)

Dave

Time for a new week. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Unlike the swamp, you will probably get a weekly summary later.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oops, did it again. How can I possibly wake up enough Monday morning to remember to start the thread? No run for me. Planned rest day. Some aches and pains I attribute to taper madness.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

I guess now is as good a time as any for a weekly summary. With Boston only a week away, last weeks running and totals have dropped as the group collectively tapers for our most cherished marathon. OK, that's a load of crap. There was some tapering, just barely, with Lou and Erika (is anyone else running Boston this year?), dropping back under 40 miles for the first time in recent memory. Mostly though, Team Blister continued training at an almost alarming rate with P2R kicking out another 100+ mile week. For those of you counting at home, that's more than 18 hours spent running in the last 7 days. Jeremy cranked out another 70+ mile week and our newest and perhaps most compulsive addition, AmoresPerros (aka Perry) made sure his mileage topped 70 as well enroute to winning a 5K on Sunday and placing third in another 3 mile race just for grins. Pam demonstrated her relative restraint by checking in under that daunting 70 mile figure. In the battle of the also rans, JellyFish ran another trail marathon and decided she likes roads a bit better. I have little doubt that Bugs made sure she topped my planned 50 mile total with a very impressive 51.4. No OCD there Wink You know its a good running week in Team Blister when Paul and Cash's very solid 30 mile weeks are good for no higher than 14th and 15th places respectively. And its time for an Amber Alert on Murphy. Come back, Murph! You were doing so well. Name Distance Time pace2race 105.2 Mi jhallum 72.2 Mi AmoresPerros* 70.3 Mi rockenmamof5 69.5 Mi Mr Inertia 51.7 Mi Bugs 51.4 Mi JellyFish 50.8 Mi dgb2n 48.6 Mi dcv2002 44 Mi old-runner 41.1 Mi WillRunForBeer 38.9 Mi evanflein 37.1 Mi Kimmie 35 Mi theyapper66 30.8 Mi Cashmason 29.4 Mi VixiDu 28.5 Mi Joe Nation 14.1 Mi Dutchie42 13.2 Mi HuskerB 6.6 Mi

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

man we did some good running last week!! let's keep it rolling!

Dave

Trying to do my part to keep it rolling. 5 on the treadmill today @ consistent easy pace. Felt fresh afterwards. 6 days in a row for me now. May have a little streak going here.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

...and despite having a foot act up on Thursday I ran 51 miles easy.
              Holy crap, Bugs ran 51 miles on Thursday? Wink Thanks for the summary, Dave. You missed your calling as a hometown reporter... Rest day for me. Got so much to do it's not even funny. This weekend had some good running, beautiful weather, and very little productive anything around the house other than shopping and laundry. Oh, and an awesome dinner last night. Other than that, yikes I'm so far behind...

Bugs

Erika, nice out of context quote there. This client is an email checking nut, thus I so conviently scheduled a half hour for her to do her own thing around lunch time so I could run six miles. Apparently she is not aware what we are charging her per hour for the training this week.

Bugs

Bugs

Bugs made sure she topped my planned 50 mile total with a very impressive 51.4. No OCD there Wink
                  I was going for 60 but just didn't get there.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

I did the 2 by 6 workout today. 2 six mile tempo/pace runs at MP minus 5 to 10 secs with 5 minutes between them. For the marathon I want to run, that's 7:05s. Did it, more or less, though I am the master of pace inconsistency.
                    theyapper

On the road again...

Nice summary, Dave. If I'm ever going to have a higher week total than Lou or Erika, I guess taper time is my only shot. Wink I was surprised that I was on the list topping 30 miles, but then I have my setting on here to run weeks from Sun-Sat, so i think my log's total was a bit under that. But I'll gladly take it. Had a very enjoyable 4.5 today. It was a cool afternoon, and the last 2 miles were in a fine mist. Very, very pleasant.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

Dayum Bugs 6 miles in a half hour..... you are fast.

Bugs

Dayum Bugs 6 miles in a half hour..... you are fast.
                          LOL. 1/2 hour keep client busy + 1 hour lunch = Enough time to run 6 miles, shower and be back at work. Don't think I can pull that stunt all week long though. I prayed this client was a runner, clearly she is not. MTA: How long for you guys to shower and be dressed after a run? If I don't wash my hair, seven minutes flat. This guy at work takes minimum 20 minutes to enter and exit locker room. What he's doing in there I have no idea.

Bugs

Bugs

Thanks for the summary, Dave. You missed your calling as a hometown reporter...
                            Not me? Smile

Bugs

Nice summary yet again Dave! Well last week was supposed to be a 80 plus week however I can't complain with it being spring break and I was sick with the 24 hour flu. Thankfully today was the last day and kids will be back to school tomorrow. Of course next week is all half days Confused Hopefully I'll get back to the 80's this week *knock on wood* Had to wait until dh got home tonight to get my run in. Didn't have a whole lot of time to run however I managed to get in 6.5 miles in. Looking forward to tomorrows run.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I dunno Bugs -- 7 minutes is pretty fast. I can take a shower in 4 minutes (washing what little hair I have, based on campground metered limit for $1), but it takes me more than a few minutes to get dressed, I think. Of course, normally I'm not trying to break any records in the morning.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com