Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/17/2011 (Read 219 times)

Good work, Murphy

Today I ran on tired legs.  It was a tough run, but it's in the books: 18.2 miles, 2:44:55, 9:04/mi, AHR 148 (72% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

im doubting Im going to get a full 12 in. I will be running outside late tonight. May repeat my route from yesterday. Just not sure what my legs will be willing to do, and it will be a bit colder than yesterday.  We'll see. It will be a good step up week, regardless. Hope everyone's weekend runs are going well.

Great run Lou!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Managed 15, with some drinking & eating breaks. Was tired before the last 4mi leg, but then felt better on it and did an unplanned progression finish.

Now having chorizo&garbanzo&potato soup (thanks to DW) with rice added for addtl carbs. Yum.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hail to The Victors!

Finally went into double digit territory.  Been a while since I ran that far, feels great!  Can't wait to try 12 next week.  Time to start adding miles for Boston before its too late.  I got one of those Cho-Pat knee straps to help mitigate the Patellar Tendonitis and I worked it in for a couple of miles to see if it will help, we'll see.  

frikin cold. 5 degrees. Felt decent, but only got in 4 miles. I was a bit underdressed in some sensitive areas.

Dave

Wow, you guys are cranking the miles this week already.

Welcome (back) Dutchie.

I failed to run yesterday.  Was supposed to fly to DC tonight for a couple of nights and have already gotten weathered out.  Will try and carve out a treadmill workout today or this evening though since I'm not travelling (yet).

18 is a heckuva midweek (or weekend) run. Nice low AHR too.

MTA:  Wicked lousy day at work but I managed to get to the gym after work for 4.5 miles in 40 minutes.  Progression run.  1 mile warmup @ 6.3 then .2 faster every quarter mile until it hit 8.3.  Cooldown.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com