Marathon Trainers

Week of 11 Aug - 18 Aug (Read 170 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

oh Bugs - do we need to send you a compass to take with you on warm-ups??? Tongue I'm ignoring you all for fear of jinxing!!

Bugs

oh Bugs - do we need to send you a compass to take with you on warm-ups??? Tongue I'm ignoring you all for fear of jinxing!!
      I need to figure out how to use the garmin to tell me how to get back. Are you guys watching the woman's marathon? Kind of makes me nervous to think I will have to run that far, again. Oh and, poor Paula.

Bugs

Dave

My whole family watched the end of the women's marathon last night in the hotel. Awesome stuff and too bad about Paula. DD10 says, "Dad, those women ran the whole marathon in 2 and 1/2 hours. Wasn't that how long you were out for your 16? They ran like 10 miles more". Nice Big grin Enjoying the lake out in the middle of nowhere in SC. Got some water skiing in today but that will do it for exercise until tomorrow. Shan, sorry you had a rough time of it. Hope you feel better. Or worse Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

DD10 says, "Dad, those women ran the whole marathon in 2 and 1/2 hours. Wasn't that how long you were out for your 16? They ran like 10 miles more". Nice Big grin
          That is priceless!!

Bugs

My whole family watched the end of the women's marathon last night in the hotel. Awesome stuff and too bad about Paula.
            I feel bad for Deena, been a big fan for many years mostly because she just seems like a very kind soft hearted person in her interviews. I've never been a big Paula fan, no particular reason, but I have a deep respect for her now. She gave a lot of herself in training and in that marathon, just to come back and show that she wasn't a quiter. I think Paula knew she lost too much conditioning with injuries. She's had a tough 4 months. I really hope Deena and Paula come back for 2012 and and both get metals. Would love to see that. The girl that won it, when she forged ahead at the half, I thought man she's going to burn up. It was a gutsy move, I like that. She earned her gold, no doubt. Did you notice how beautiful the course was? I guess they had people cleaning the streets the day before, scraping gum etc... so everything was perfect.
            DD10 says, "Dad, those women ran the whole marathon in 2 and 1/2 hours. Wasn't that how long you were out for your 16? They ran like 10 miles more". Nice Big grin
            That's funny. Don't let him watch the men's marathon, then he'll really think you're slower than them. Wink Ran 12 miles in the heat of the day. Came back and told DH, I hope you had fun fishing this morning because my runs sucked. Actually probably was good for me, Saturday's race was hot, and I'm just not conditioned for the heat, been a really cool summer and I just got this feeling that marathon day is going to end up being a hot day. It was 70-85F last year. Yuck!

Bugs

Bugs

We'll call this, "Runner in Shock"

Bugs

Bugs

We'll call this, "Passing Lane". Would you believe the blue skirt passed me at the end? My fault, thought I had her and she flew by me the last second while I eased up. Not that I think it made a woof of difference as I was 7th/42 instead of 6th in A.G.) I was 23/152 overall, that's not bad placement IMO.

Bugs