Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/23 (Read 280 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, someone's got to start it. At least now I can check something of the to-do list. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

haha Yeah Mr. I is fallin down since he can sleep in now!!! Tongue 1 mile - am sick - dr apt tomorrow.

Dave

Aww crap, Shan. Hopefully its nothing serious and you'll be able to bounce back shortly. My cold pretty much hammered my mileage last week. Was going to go 12 on Sunday and ended up going 4.5 with DW. Time together was more important than mileage and I was just getting over my cold symptoms. Still felt a little weak. Back at my regular job today. Much busier. Will be tough to run much today either. I've got two weeks to really crank some miles.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Sorry you're sick, Shan. It really is no fun. Hope it's real quick and out of your system. Smart move, Dave. I didn't know your wife was a runner too. Paul, whatcha running today? Going on day 5 with no running... still feeling a little borderline. I will probably run tomorrow. Have a good one everybody.
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Look - I don't have to choose between running and sleep right now. I refuse to appologize for that. If you can't wait for a bit until I can wake up and get my Monday run in, well phooey on you! Tongue Shan - get better. Being sick sucks. We get the double whammy - not only do we feel icky, but the thought of not running makes it somehow harder to cope. Get rested, get well. Kimmie - same thing Threw a little distance on top of what I had scheduled for today. I feel great, am running strong.
              Guess it's been a while since I posted. Remind me to check in more often because it seems like a few things have been happening. Someone other than Mr. I starts the weekly thread, Kimmie tossed out a BQ, Shan goes independent, Bugs is being coached by the great Nobbie, and a ton of other stuff I'm sure I missed. Things are good here, baby actually slept from 11:00 until 5:07 AM (not that I'm counting) today. He just turned 6 weeks, so can't complain much about that. My running hasn't been great, but I made time for 10 miles yesterday. Felt better than I expected. Great running everyone!
                Doh! I guess I should have started the thread. Shan and Dave -- get better quickly! You all better, Kimmie? Good to run with your DW, Dave. PDR and I run together rarely, but when we do I get good "sweetie points".

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

I think I'm pretty close to back 100%. Stole away for 5.5 on the treadmill. Little bit of speedwork towards the end. May try for another 3 or 4 tonight.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

OMG Brian! I need more pictures of the baby!! I totally remember those days of counting the hours of sleep. I can tell you that because we kept our babies on a schedule, DD1 slept 8 hours at 5 weeks old and DD2 slept 8 hours at 6 weeks old. Sounds like you're on the right track. And you're running too... very cool. I am feeling better but still have a low grade fever. thinking that I shouldn't run until tomorrow, possibly. Which is just like Mr. I says- totally double whammy... feeling sick, plus not being able to run.
                    evanflein

Hey, Brian's counting the minutes! Oh, I remember those days. Thanks for the update and yeah, post a baby picture now and then! Kimmie, if you're running a fever, I don't think you've got a cold. You've got something else going on that you might need to have checked out... Hope you're feeling better soon. Sorry to hear Shan is down for the count for the time being. Get better soon, ok?? At least Dave is getting back to normal. Sweetie Points. Heh. Those can go a long way sometimes. Hey Mr. I! Glad to hear things are going well in the running department... um, how's everything else? I've got to admit I would love to have summers off, but having it be a forced break would be tough now. I'll get in an easy run tonight at the gym while DS2 is at B'ball practice. Asked DH if he'd like to join me and he said Yes! Cool, that doesn't happen very often.
                      theyapper

On the road again...

Paul, whatcha running today?
                        Probably between 3 or 4. Today's a nice recovery run, so I'll just see how I'm feeling.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Kimmie, if you're running a fever, I don't think you've got a cold. You've got something else going on that you might need to have checked out... Hope you're feeling better soon. .
                          Hey Mom Smile Yeah, I went to the Doc at Urgent Care on Saturday and she said it was viral. I don't quite know what this means. But, she put me on antibiotics as a precaution. ? thanks and yay that you get to run with your DH. I hope to convert mine to being a runner sometime. Of course, now he thinks that running makes you sick. Shy
                          evanflein

But, she put me on antibiotics as a precaution. ?
                            Ok, now that I find annoying. It's one of the reasons antibiotics are becoming less effective. Viral infections are not treated with antibiotics, which are used for bacterial infections. Of course, if there's a risk of a secondary infection (like a sinus infection) triggered by symptoms of your viral infection, then it would be appropriate. But whatever, I sure hope you're feeling better soon. You've been down with this for too long! And if DH will just do a little bit on the elliptical and/or walk/run a bit, I'll be happy. He did sign up for that full marathon in June in Seattle with me... I know he's fully expecting to walk a lot of it but he still needs to get at least some aerobic conditioning done first! I do like having him come to the gym with me, but it seems to be pretty sporadic.
                              Ok, now that I find annoying. It's one of the reasons antibiotics are becoming less effective. Viral infections are not treated with antibiotics, which are used for bacterial infections. Of course, if there's a risk of a secondary infection (like a sinus infection) triggered by symptoms of your viral infection, then it would be appropriate. But whatever, I sure hope you're feeling better soon. You've been down with this for too long! .
                              I was about to post the same thing. Hope the fever goes away ASAP and your feeling back to par Kimmie!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

And if DH will just do a little bit on the elliptical and/or walk/run a bit, I'll be happy. He did sign up for that full marathon in June in Seattle with me.
                                Shocked Shocked He does know its 26.2 right? I predict he'll have a new appreciation for his wife after that one is over. Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com