Marathon Trainers

Week of July 28 thru August 3 (Read 189 times)

Dave

Glad to hear about some better runs, Brian and Bugs. 4.4 for me today in sweltering heat. Not bad though. If I run tomorrow, I'll have my first 40 mile week. Ever.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Nice runs Brian, Bugs and Dave! Go for the 40! You Can Do It! 10.25 this morning. Pace slow as ever. Hell week at work is finally over. Road bike is coming out again sometime this weekend. 10k tomorrow is in trouble as we are headed out tonight. I don't know if I'll be up to towing the line at 7:00am. 5 days of running so far this week. I would like 2 more run days and at least one time out on the bike. I want the floor completed this weekend also. I'm down to the transitions and shoing the basemold. It's great to have more than padding and concrete to walk on.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Well, that was disappointing. Got up at 5:00 planning on 13 miles. Got a cramp in my calf at 4 miles (never had one of those before, ouch), and it was already 80 degrees anyway. Wasn't feeling great, and never could get the calf stretched out so I bailed out at 5.5 miles. Seriously considering hopping on a treadmill for a few miles this afternoon, but we'll see.

Dave

Sorry to hear that, Brian. Calf injuries suck. Hopefully its just a cramp. P2R, good luck on your 10K. I'm always so impressed when I look at the consistency of your log. So many 10 milers Big grin Woke up to steady rain but cooler temps. Stripped down to a pair of shorts and my Garmin and ran a fast 4. Hit my 40 for the week. Schedule calls for a cutback to 10 tomorrow. Considered going 15 but will probably cut to give my legs a break. I'll see how my legs feel tomorrow morning and decide then.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

40-miles on the road bike this morning. Just to do something different.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Sorry haven't gotten to read - but to answer a question - no. It looks like this 11 - today 6 13 14 9 15 16 11 18 -- this was the change... 13 -- The 5k is here... 18 so don't worry I'm not crazy! Today's run was GREAT!!! Oh except I totally messed up the fueling and had to borrow a gel. So ya know - learning process. 5k time was 35:45 not too shabby considering the hills!!! As far as the hills go I have A LOT of work to do! Smile But I'm excited!

Dave

Fantastic, Shan. Took a look at your log and you are doing awesome. Nice pic over in the Swamp, BTW. My wife reassured me that if she were JK's wife, she wouldn't be JK's wife, if you know what I mean.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika - sorry to hear about the soggy weather! Bugs - glad you are feeling better! Dave - yeah for 40! Take the cut-back - there is a reason they are in there!! No hurting yourself due to excitement! Thanks for at the encouragement and concern! Ok so it's not totally JK's fault... someone commented on what a bunch of boobs we were and then there was a comment about looking at boobs and then a picture was taken... moments before I was looking at JK's chest and Trent was pinching JK... so really the moment was less pervy then the picture seemed. Pace - sounds like you are busy! Brian - sorry to hear about the calf cramp! Could it be you didn't have enough water or banana? Nashville is HOT! I know I was thinking it was hot in the northeast, but phew it's HOT here! At 10am (Nashville time) it was already as hot and humid as it is at 3/4pm PA time!!
                  Cashmason

That picture of the pie, and Shan Homemaker, has me thinking she is preggers. 8 miles running for me today. Good Luck Pace. Btw what has you on a road bike?

Dave

Nice 8, Cash. I'm probably right on the verge of overdoing but I managed to get myself out the door for another long run this morning. The heat broke and once I felt the cooler air, I couldn't help myself. 11 miles with the last 7 at below MP (around 8 even). Ice bathed my legs that were feeling pretty awful by the end. Much better now. Shan, the most impressive thing for me about your 5K was that you did another 6 afterwards. Really cool stuff. Hope everyone has great runs today.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

8k race yesterday was re-routed to avoid the flooded river... Here's a link to my race report: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/1dd12bc4df1b45c4a3f0a71ac4c154a0 Warmed up for a little over a mile, did the 8k, waited around for awards and door prizes for way too long, then ran a good 5 miles to DH's office. Then we went to the Farmers' Market and got some stuff that I'm either not growing or it's not growing well in my garden. Rain held off till we got home, so I spent the rest of the day puttering around the house. Today I have my first 20 miler on the schedule. Hope the rain holds off, but I'll go no matter what. First though, we're going to make breakfast and have more coffee.... Good running Shan. You too, Cash. Brian, I had cramping in my calf and hamstrings last fall in the Equinox. Totally sucked cuz I was on pace to make my 4:15 goal. Couldn't find anyone with any e-caps and I didn't think I'd need them (usually only in warm weather when I sweat more), so I was sunk. Oh well. Dave, that sounds like a very good run you had today. Just gotta warn you though, that if you're having thoughts that you might be on the verge of overdoing it... you just might be. (nice run though, and the ice bath is perfect afterwards!)
                          Well, the calf must have been cramps and nothing serious because I managed 5 on the treadmill today and didn't feel it. Couldn't drag myself out of bed early today and it was 100 by noon, so headed to the gym. Yuck. Rest day tomorrow then I'll be ready to get back at it.

Dave

8k race yesterday was re-routed to avoid the flooded river... Here's a link to my race report: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/1dd12bc4df1b45c4a3f0a71ac4c154a0
                            Of course, she's too modest to point it out here but she was first in her AG! Great job, Erika Big grin Hope your 20 miler went well.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

No workout today except for drilling holes in concrete. Fun day. (Not!) At least all the transitions are finished. I am down to replacing some base mold, nailing quarter round to the mold and then painting it all. Hope to finish before DD gets here. Cash: I biked yesterday since I slept in and it was hot. I had 50 run miles and hadn't been able to bike any in the evenings last week do to hell week at work. I've done 3 duathlons and there is another in September I hope to enter. I'd love to do a tri sometime. I don't have time right now to start working on swimming and there's the thought of the time and work to only be a bad swimmer. My bike race pace is stuck at 18mph. I've gotten more time in this year but no improvement. Good thing I enjoy biking as much as I do. Easier to get going on it in the evening than doing a second run for the day. Erika: Congrats on the 8k win! We've been hitting the farmers market here as well. Love it!

Dave

4.4 easy today followed by some weightlifting. Scheduled rest day tomorrow. This is another long run week for me (of course, at this point in training, they all are). 16 coming Sunday.

dgb2n@yahoo.com