Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/16/11 (Read 290 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou - I'm not a beer drinker, either, but if could help me run as well as you.......  Wink

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I'm sure it's great, but I'd probably down it as enthusiastically as I do my morning protein shake.  Agree though, if it'd make me run further and faster!

heh, I'm starting to try some pinole recipes after reading Born to Run.  I haven't tried the breakfast shake yet, although I am adding chia seeds to my oatmeal Smile

8 GA paced miles for me this morning, again about 8:24/mi

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

5.5 miles through a beautiful country club near my house.

Headed out to Michigan today-  Dave, Jeremy- how close are you guys to Brighton, Mi?  I need to run 12 miles Saturday morning.  Any ideas on where to go?

Hail to The Victors!

5.5 miles through a beautiful country club near my house.

Headed out to Michigan today-  Dave, Jeremy- how close are you guys to Brighton, Mi?  I need to run 12 miles Saturday morning.  Any ideas on where to go?

I'm about 20 miles south of Brighton or so.  What's your radius of travel?  There's the Pinckney Nature Area which has some pretty trails (warning: they are hilly) about 20 or so miles SW of Brighton.  Otherwise, there is the Hungry Duck half marathon course, which starts near downtown brighton, and goes north along some gravel and pavement.  It was pretty traffic free last time I ran the race.

Kimmie

Thanks Jeremy. I'll have to find the Map to that course. Trails sound nice, but I'll be running alone, so I'll probably go with roads.

Hail to The Victors!

Thanks Jeremy. I'll have to find the Map to that course. Trails sound nice, but I'll be running alone, so I'll probably go with roads.

I didn't have time to look earlier, so here it is now:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/2799440

-jeremy

Quiet here.

9 miles on roads yesterday, and 11 miles on trails today.  Good workouts, both.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com