Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/26 (Read 258 times)

Dave

You guys rock!

Just wait until you meet us in person .

Team Blister people I've met:  Lou, Perry, Shan, Jeremy, and Kim.  

I know Lou has met Erika.  

I wonder who else has met IRL.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Just wait until you meet us in person .

Team Blister people I've met:  Lou, Perry, Shan, Jeremy, and Kim.  

I know Lou has met Erika.  

I wonder who else has met IRL.

I met Perry and Kim one of the times I saw Dave Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hawt and sexy

I have met Pam and Shan.  I think I might have met a guy from here while with Pam once, but I am not sure.

I'm touching your pants.

I met Perry and Kim one of the times I saw Dave Smile

I should have said "also".  Erika and I have crossed paths 3 times now, I think.

theyapper

On the road again...

Today was a busy day, so my 12 mile long run became a combination of the following:

- Pacing a friend in his first 5k (the one on the runway @ Charlotte International Airport).  He finished in 26:44.

- Hiking with my children and other kids from church for 4 miles

- Topping it off with an easy 5 miles that felt anything but easy

Total for the day: 12.2 miles

Funny, the 5k felt easier than the 5 miles.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

I should have said "also".  Erika and I have crossed paths 3 times now, I think.

Yeah, at Boston twice and in DC, or wherever that was (National Harbor?) when I was there for that conference. That was really neat, Lou and PDR drove down after work to meet me and my boss for dinner. Lots of fun. 

I don't meet many people unless I travel, and I tend to hang around the West Coast (go figure). But I'd love to run a Team Blister meet up race sometime, just gotta get the financial and travel stars to all align favorably.

Vixi, we've all been there and we're glad someone will still listen to us! Sure beats driving our family members nuts with our incessant running talk.

Nice race, Bugs. I like the idea of drafting the Wiener. Gotta work with what you're given, right? And good for you for insisting on the medals. What was that all about anyway?

I see Amanda is still chasing speed skaters. I'd have thought that crush would be faded by now. 

Bugs

Erika,

There was a 5K and 8K, and lots of 8K runners took a 5K runner turn. The director asked if we saw the signs, I hadn't as it was dark, but double checked with a volunteer before going right, and not left with the 5Kers. I'm glad I'm not directoring a race.

Got my 12 mile run in. Such great weather, would have loved to run longer just felt like the right distance.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween.

Bugs

WTG on the hardware Bugs!!! Congrats!

Very cool that you paced your friend for his first 5k Paul!

As for me I had a great time today. RP and I did a 10 mile race. We previously ran a 10 miler together last April which she PR"D in (1:28:04 I believe) Todays race was a hilly race (not as bad as Fools run) and she kicked ass!  I didn't do as good of a job reining her in the first few miles however  neither of us knew what the last half had in store had we known who knows. Anyway she got a nice PR of almost 5 minutes off and I pretty much copied my 10 mile PR from 2 years ago on a slight downhill course. Oh and I finished it the way I like too with the last mile being the fastest (7:40) no one passing me (in at least the last 4 miles) and passing lots of peeps. Had a girl that tried to catch up to me and pass me after the big hill in mile 8 however SHE ATE MY DUST lol Oh my time was 1:22:24 I think give or take a couple seconds

MTA: PR"D  today on a hilly course. Makes me think dh's thoughts that I could do 1:18-1:19 at Broad street actually reasonable.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Glad you got your run in Bugs!!! Halloween was great despite the crappy weather that we had. Hope yours was great as well Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice racing this weekend.  Congrats Pam and Bugs!

My run was this morning, but I forgot to post, so posterity here it is Smile

12.2 miles, 1:45:25, 8:38/mi, AHR 144 (73% MHR)

5@9:07(137), 2@8:46(142), 5.22@8:06(151)

Hawt and sexy

Me?  Leave Apolo?  Never!   LOL  It is an important couple of weeks for the short track skating team.  Their placements in the World Cup events decide how many skaters go the Vancover games.  This will probably be my hottie's last Olympics.  I don't know what I will do.  But I think I will love short track for life.  I really cannot think of another sport where the athletes stick their ass in the air for the world to see like that.  I could watch the men do that for days at a time. Mmmmm...

I only ran for an hour today.  Not feeling it.  I think it's just the transition to the treadmill getting to me.  It will pass.

I'm touching your pants.

Dave

I only ran for an hour today.  Not feeling it. 

I wish I ran for an hour.  I was feeling tweaky and lazy.  Skipped the run.  Spent most of the day working the blackberry for work so my thumbs are downright buff though.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

I ran a little over an hour today... 9.2 miles, 8:23 avg pace even after telling myself to slow down a few times. But I really didn't have much energy. By mile 6 I really wanted to be done. Longest run for me since my 11 miler a couple weeks ago. Foot was ok, not great but no real pain either. Just didn't have much pep. Gives me 21.8 for the week. Seems sorta pathetic, but I have to remind myself that I said I'd do 20 mile weeks for a few weeks after RVM and lots of cross training. Sure did that last part... no rest days this week.
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on the race Pam -- and on passing and not getting passes (woohoo, yah, that is the best Smile)

Congrats on the buff thumb Dave Smile

Had a great workout this afternoon, got me psyched for another marathon in several weeks.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.