Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/7. (Read 247 times)

Hail to The Victors!

Remember Pearl Harbor!

Hope everyone's training is doing well.  I see Erika is fighting dings (get well!), and Kimmee is working on future runners(way to go!).

Been busy keeping the wife well, 8 weeks on crutches so far, still 4 weeks to go.  She's able to put her bad foot down and put no more than 25 lbs on it.  Hopefully in two weeks, that will go up to 50.  Jan 4 is the magic no-crutches date. 

Been too stressed to lament about a lack of racing, hopefully I can get out and do something before the end of December. 

Happy new week!

Remember Pearl Harbor!

Hope everyone's training is doing well.  I see Erika is fighting dings (get well!), and Kimmee is working on future runners(way to go!).

Been busy keeping the wife well, 8 weeks on crutches so far, still 4 weeks to go.  She's able to put her bad foot down and put no more than 25 lbs on it.  Hopefully in two weeks, that will go up to 50.  Jan 4 is the magic no-crutches date. 

Been too stressed to lament about a lack of racing, hopefully I can get out and do something before the end of December. 

Happy new week!

Yes I do! Not to make light of it but it's also My oldest son's 20th birthday, My MIL's birthday as well as Kallie's 3rd birthday. When we lived in Hawaii going to to the memorial was something we did every year.

Sorry to hear about your foot Erika! Very frustrating huh!

Hey Jeremy! I feel for your wife! Hopefully the next few weeks go fast for her! Crutches SUCK as does stress! Hopefully whatever is stressing you eases up!

As for me I got 4.5 miles in this morning. Had to turn around early in the run and go back home to change shoes.  Thanks to a UPS Error my new shoes won't be here until tomorrow Sad Anyway foot felt good for most of it  though towards the end it was starting to bother me. I'm starting to think it's Morton's Neuroma. Thankfully the new shoes that will be arriving have a wider toebox than my other shoes I've been wearing. I've known for awhile that I needed shoes with a wider toebox however I hadn't been able to find any that worked for me. Anyways I was thinking of going out for a second run but decided to go in the basement and workout. Recovery isn't recovery if I'm going to over do it on the first day.

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

HI Jeremy,

Get out there and run! Glad your wife is well on her way to recovery.

Erika,

Sorry about the foot. Hang in there, we've all been there.

Pam,

Great job on the weight lifting. Oh I need to do some of that myself.

Blizzard headed our way so I'm running tonight while kiddo is in Taekwondo lessons. RP has mostly bailed on me for this week, thinks I'm running way too much for December. I think I'm perfectly fine around the 40 mpw mark, been foaming rolling like crazy to keep me injury free and pfitz says 8 and my legs are rested ready to run so I will bundle up and head out alone. I am very determined to run in the dark and cold even if it is by myself. I'm at one of those rare moments in life where kids are doing great, marriage is wonderful, I'm healthy, and I'm running well, I'm afraid to blink for something might change..and did I mention "I love you guys!"

Bugs

evanflein

I'm at one of those rare moments in life where kids are doing great, marriage is wonderful, I'm healthy, and I'm running well, I'm afraid to blink for something might change..and did I mention "I love you guys!"

This is awesome to hear! And you give me hope that I'll get there too. I recall not too long ago when you were stressed, always feeling injured or tired and just wanted to feel good. Sounds like you're there! I'm so happy for you!

Jeremy, glad to see you and I hope the next few weeks go well for your wife. She really had some major work done and I bet she's happy that the road to recovery is getting shorter all the time!

Hey Cash, Jelly decided the online forums were a little too close to home, I think. She has excused herself pretty much from RA entirely. I guess she's still active on Facebook, but I'm not so I don't know how she's doing.

Foot better today, but I'm not buying it's siren song. Will be heading to the pool after work, maybe to the gym at lunch but seeing as how that's about NOW... I guess I need to decide what I'm doing soon.

Kimmie, I think the weight loss support is a good idea. Want to just start up with the old Sticky we have? Or a weekly update? What would work for you?

Bugs

Erika,

My marriage is SO MUCH better now that I run in the morning. It is not so much the running, as the coming home after the run.

Bugs

Bugs

Kim,

Hang in there on the weight loss. I had to back-away from that forum. It wasn't working for me. I had a good extra 10 pounds on me this summer that would not budge, mean while my DH lost 30 pounds. He watched the runners at Grandmas and came home determined to not have the beer belly. Boy did that annoy me he could loose weight while I couldn't. But now I'm happy to report I'm down to 119. (I'm back on the happy pills and I admit they help me from over eating.) I think maybe having a few months where I trained but did not diet helped my fitness. My DH is now gaining weight, go figure. So my advice is that we all go up and down, and you will get back down too.

Bugs

Kimmie

Thanks for the encouragement y'all!

I do know that weight goes up and down.  But maybe I should try those happy pills.  Smile

I didn't run today because my friend went into labor with her 4th boy.  I have the three older boys over here.  They're all under 6 years old.  Yes, I'm drinking wine.  Smile

Bugs

Kim,

Well they can't be that great if I keep trying not to take them. Smile

9.4 miles, avg pace 8:18. I got carried away running down streets with Christmas lights. It was a perfect night for running. It can blizzard now.

Bugs

Cashmason

Yay for Bugs and everything going well.

Kimmie, that must be a very nice wine if you can handle 3 other kids on top of your own.

We will make Erika a Triathlete yet.  She can aqua jog the swim part.

2 miles tonight after teaching cycle.  Had hoped to go further but after riding 3 hours today, did not have the pep in the legs to go more.

Storming rain here.

Crutches stink.  Hope your wife heals well, Jeremy.

Bugs - good for your DH and yourself on the weight loss.  When PDR and I first got married, we talked about "happy pounds" but it got a little out of control.  We both reigned it in about the same time.  She'd already been running but I didn't start running for a while after that, which also helped, of course.

Tempo Tuesday for me:

9.1 miles, 1:13:05, 8:03/mi, AHR 160 (78% MHR)

2@8:26(147), 4@7:27(168), 3.07@8:36(156)

Struggled some but got it done.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Glad to hear things are going well, Bugs.  I haven't been log stalking but you seem to be really cranking it on the runs lately too.  Now the trick will be staying healthy and not getting carried away .

I'm waiting on yet another airplane this morning.  Enroute to New Orleans and some much warmer temps.  Will get up early hopefully tomorrow and run outside.

3.5 for me on the treadmill with 2 miles @ sub 8 pace.  I can't seem to run easy on the treadmill so I'm just doing whatever gets me through the workout.  My miles haven't been great but at least I'm still getting out a few times each week.

Winter hitting Michigan with a vengeance this week with snow, freezing rain, and more snow from the forecast.  I'm sure Jeremy is feeling the pain (as I will be this weekend).

This may be my last work trip before the holidays.  Maybe one more on the 22nd but it will be a short one.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Yeah, looks like we will miss out on this storm.  Some wind gusts expected up to 35 mph which could make it interesting out there tomorrow morning.  Good run for me today and yesterday.  I'm working on shorter distance at aerobic effort.  I have a flat 10-miler this Saturday that I hope the wind stays away for.  It's a small run at the river bottom.  Two loops that take you underneath a 350+ year old Bur Oak Tree.  No watches allowed and the closest to their predicted time wins.  Most everyone is spot on and the winner usually is within a few seconds. 

I'll be making screw shoes tonight just to ready if they're wrong about the weather. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Thanks for the reminder Dave. I know it is December and no need to get carried away. It would be bad to peak in January for a May race.

Bugs

Bugs

Yeah, looks like we will miss out on this storm.  Some wind gusts expected up to 35 mph which could make it interesting out there tomorrow morning. 

We're suppose to get the same weather tonight. Kids are counting on a snow day.

Bugs

Kimmie

Good 7.5 miler with a friend this morning... still keeping it easy and on the lookout for the mojo.    i have a physical next week that will keep me from worrying too much about what's slowing me down.

Jeremy, glad your wife is on the mend.  Hang in there.

Erika- we can go back to that sticky-  that will work.

Cash- so good to have you back posting... keep it up.

Bryan- that sounds like a fun race.

Busy day ahead.