Marathon Trainers

December 2011 (Read 226 times)

Kimmie

Merry Christmas you all!

Nice run, Cash. 

Great pictures, Murphy!   I wish I knew how to post pictures, here.... too lazy to figure out.

What cuties they are.... you can tell they have great personalities, too.

Ran 8 this morning and 10 last Friday, short ones in between.   My friend and I are going to throw some longer runs in the mix and run the National Marathon (now called Rock n Roll) in mid March.  I hope that I've left enough time to train.  I've been doing better with stretching and hope to keep that up through this training cycle.

Erika, any race plans before Boston?   What about you Lou?

Great pictures!  Where's the 'like' button? 

Erika, any race plans before Boston?   What about you Lou?

Ha.  "before Boston".  Not running Boston this year.  We weren't planning on it, and it wouldn't have mattered as I'm not qualified this year.

We are, however, running Country Music Marathon in Nashville, April 28.  Just signed up.  Maybe 2 minutes ago.

Oh, we're also running the Rock and Roll Half while you're running the full.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Murphy! Great pictures! Wow they're growing fast. Did Ava break a tooth? Those curls are adorable!

Hi Cash! Good to see you every now and then. You need to change the caption on your avatar... I don't think Charlie is in that shot. Smile

Nashville, Lou? Cool! I'd like to run that one sometime... but then the TN marathon I'd most like to do it the Monkey. But then again, I probably would never get in seeing as how it sells out in 2 seconds these days. So... Nashville it will probably be. Gotta pay a visit to tomwhite and piejones.

Hey Kimmie! Glad to see you're getting your runs in. Always nice to have a goal race too. Any marathons on your schedule?

I don't have any race plans till Boston. But we tend to throw random marathons in here and there where the travel schedule permits. DH has some meetings in Utah in late February, or he could do something in AZ and we've already scoped out some possibilities, but nothing set yet.

I've been such a slacker this month! It feels good (sort of) but the scale is telling me I'm still eating like I think I'm in full training. Didn't run Friday, Saturday or Sunday, and just 5 yesterday. It is nice to not have a schedule to feel like I have to maintain when it's cold, dark and snowy out. But... gotta get back on the bandwagon sooner or later, and it's not getting any less snowy or cold anytime soon. Daylight, however, is now slowly increasing (yay!!!) even though it'll be a few weeks before we really notice any big difference.

I'm off till Wednesday the 4th of January, and have a lot of things "to do" around the house so I guess I'd better get busy. First though... a short TM run to get things started. Big grin

Yeah we want to run the monkey, too, but were trying to find the right marathon in the spring and nashville it was.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'd like to run monkey too, but the one 50 I've been doing is the same weekend.

I've been running a lot of volume this month, esp recently -- actually I was trying to get ahead of Pam (for some obscure reason), and she made it tough by running 100mi in 7 days, so I did that too...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yeah, she broke a tooth with an assist by me...She was on the other side of the door I opened. We are going to get it fixed in January--loading up the Flex account.

Working on my training plan..something reasonable that I can keep up on but that gets the mileage I need for the 24 hour race. I havent pulled the trigger on signup yet. Theres a rate increase Jan 1--but only like $10-$15. I dont think the running club is setting up a tent at the Spring event..And they were such a big part of the first race. My BIL said he'd crew me the whole time..I probably just need to sign up.

oh boy, I'm so far behind, I'm not sure where to start. 

Kimmie

Murphy-  we've had a few moments like those with our kids, no broken teeth, though.   Ouch!

Just got back from a treadmill run-  BORING.... Smile

i'm into documentaries lately.... anyone see these;   Spirit of the Marathon, Running the Sahara, Food inc?

I just started Ride the Divide.... we'll see if it holds my interest.   About bikers riding across the Continental Divide

I have a race Sunday morning-  yes, New Years Day, , which means I shouldn't overindulge Saturday night.

Hi, Gen!

Kimmie - we did see Spirit of the Marathon -- I really liked it.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've a race Sun morning too, but I'll probably be working the finish line, not racing it. 

I haven't seen any of those documentaries.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

Yes saw  Spirit of the Marathon and  Running the Sahara.

Happy Camper

Murphy-  we've had a few moments like those with our kids, no broken teeth, though.   Ouch!

Just got back from a treadmill run-  BORING.... Smile

i'm into documentaries lately.... anyone see these;   Spirit of the Marathon, Running the Sahara, Food inc?

I just started Ride the Divide.... we'll see if it holds my interest.   About bikers riding across the Continental Divide

I have a race Sunday morning-  yes, New Years Day, , which means I shouldn't overindulge Saturday night.

Saw Spirit of the Marathon and Food Inc. For more laughs watch Bigger, Faster, Stronger.  The ripped cow is just too funny.  Finished 2011 with a 5k in 21:53:9 on a certified course.  Legs were fine but the lungs couldn't keep up.  Missed a PR by 6 seconds.  Looking forward to 2012. Yes I did indulge after at the local micro pub.  Going to be a Grandpa late July/August.  Life is good.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Happy New Year! Sorry I have been MIA. I had a tough fall with injuries, and was in so much pain could barely stand myself. Took a long time to figure out but was my back, working havoc down my leg. Accupunture fixed it all, I am up to running a few miles now, so out of shape, but no PF, or tight calves. The time off was good for family plus I got to buy a whole new wardrobe of new clothes.....larger clothes Smile Murphy, those pictures are so cute. Your little girl is just a doll! They grow up quick, enjoy them. Erika, 7 marathons, wow. You are NOT a slacker. Perry, 100 miles only, you let a girl beat you, Lou, I have to say the San Antonio Rock-n-Roll Marathon looked really fun. I flew there, spent time with my niece, bought everything they had at the expo, drank lots, but did not run. Would like to go back.

Bugs