Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/24 - 3/30 (Read 236 times)

Dave

No running to report but thought I'd check in anyway. Army 10 miler opens tomorrow and sells out quickly for anyone interested (Shannon if you're not preggers by then Wink )

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

I know... it's into the next week, but I'm reporting back on Sunday's long run. All I can say is Bring it On! 21 miles, some downhill and flat stuff the first 7 or so, then started hills, some steep, some rolling, but miles 8 through 19 had a lot of hills (trying to mimic the Boston course). Last two miles had a really nice downhill and some flat stuff. Average pace 8:34, last two miles were 7:53 and 7:56. I was tired, but happy and nothing hurts! Considering I'd done a 10.5 mile tempo run the day before (7:59 avg pace), I think this 21 miler turned out pretty darn good. Next week is first week of taper, but it looks like any sort of cutback week, really.

Bugs

Bugs

Cashmason

Bugs, I think you passed the HTFU test today. Good thing you are a runner or you might not have woken up both times today. And you are right, your kids are more important than the base. Hugs Cash

Bugs

Bugs, I think you passed the HTFU test today. Good thing you are a runner or you might not have woken up both times today. And you are right, your kids are more important than the base. Hugs Cash
            I was so glad to be with my doctor, I mean if you're going to go down that's the place to do it. I've got a long history of passing out, but this felt different. When I came to it was just the most miserable feeling, like you've been to hell.

Bugs