Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/14/2011 (Read 197 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Kind of feel bad doin' Dave's work, but here's last week's totals...

Amores Perros 86.8 mi 12:28:56
    pace2race  62.2 mi 10:11:51
    gen76 57 mi 7:11:20
    CaraH 53.1 mi 7:52:28
    theyapper66 48 mi 7:29:25
    willamona 47.8 mi 7:45:00
    evanflein  34.3 mi 4:51:14
    Dutchie42 30.8 mi 6:12:49
    WillRunForBeer 30.7 mi 4:26:29
    irpete 27.6 mi 4:57:40
    dgb2n  18.6 mi 2:47:17
    lilcat19 13.5 mi 1:58:15
    Kimmie  12.9 mi 1:23:20
    Murphy996  12.1 mi 2:05:10
    Cashmason  2.5 mi 23:12
    Bugs    
    rockenmamof5    
    jhallum 0 mi 0:00

I was thrilled to see me in the top 5.  Special thanks to willa for not running another 3 tenths. Wink

Kicked off the week with 45 minutes of nice, easy, relaxing recovery running.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Still no running for me.  We did get about five hours of skiing in yesterday.  I guess I'll get to run again on Thursday.

Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/WillRunForBeer/Snowbird20110213

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

you watch willa now come in and update the log from last week and add some previously forgotten miles  ;-)

I'm so jealous I'm not skiing, although Kansas City is bringing some sun and that helps me to psych myself into believing that spring is almost here. 

Trying trying trying to get my miles up, understanding that I jumped a lot between last week and this week.  I've got 9 weeks left until I have 2 weeks of taper. 

Dave

Never feel bad doing my work.  I'm grateful for the assist. 

It only makes sense, you've been running my miles too Big grin.

Gen, You might think of holding 57 for a few weeks and seeing how your legs hold up.  That's pretty good mileage no matter how you slice it.  I'd hate to see you get injured at this point.  You're cranking it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Pretty photos

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou - all I ever do is ski East Coast, so I was amazed at how nice and EMPTY the slopes were.  Is it always like that out where you guys are?  Looks  awesome!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dutchie42

Lou: beautiful pics!

Today was a 2.35 kilometer doggie run for recovery. When we turned to go home, Spike refused to move Roll eyes Had to pull him along till he realised he couldn't win.

Finally made an appointment with the PT for my "achilles" discomfort/pain. He'll tell me this Thu what it really is and what he can do about it.

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Gorgeous pictures, Lou!

Nice miles, Gen! Right up there with Perry and Bryan... good crowd to hang with. I'm amazed I got over 30 with the week I had. Travel and work all week in Dallas... I think we picked the coldest week ever to be there! So busy I couldn't even look up some friends in the area. Glad that's over with. But now, back home and back at work. What a mess. And it's gotten really cold again which is a drag. I'll try to get to the gym today, but no run planned. Hopefully tomorrow.

I ran 15.1 on my treadmill yesterday, watching moose out in the yard. Nice when they're just hanging around and NOT eating my garden!! My 'mill started making some noise all of a sudden just after 8 miles, but it seemed to be running ok so kept at it.

Lou - all I ever do is ski East Coast, so I was amazed at how nice and EMPTY the slopes were.  Is it always like that out where you guys are?  Looks  awesome!

Yeah, the slopes themselves are not crowded and I think the most we have waited for a lift has been five minutes.  It was a bit worse today, as there were pretty extreme winds and they had to close a bunch of the lifts.  Unfortunately the winds blew many of the slopes down to ice, so today, especially this afternoon, wasn't as much fun as yesterday.  Harriet had fallen while not skiing and hurt her wrist, so that along with the icy conditions (and another fall on said wrist) suggested we call it a day a bit early.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dutchie42

Decided on a speed workout on the TM this morning. Pulled out Runervals 1.0 and did 5.5 speedy/hilly kilometers.It was harder than last time I did a speed/hills w/o (3 weeks ago), but I did good.
                      I followed coach Troy for the first interval set, than did my own thing loosely based on what coach Troy was doing (higher speed/higher inclines). Felt good Smile

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

im still out of commission. While medicated I can walk around ok. I thought Id delay a batch of muscle relaxers and pain killers, and Im struggling. I guess I'll make some calls today to get in for P.T. Thought I was doing better--but it seems thats mostly the drugs doing their job.

what'd you do?  Overuse?

Last night I reluctantly did a tempo workout for 7 mi.  I was struggling a little, so dropped the speed down a notch, so that I could maintain the distance.  The elderly lady on the treadmill next to me appeared to have gotten some perfume for valentines day, and sprayed it 30,000 times.  It didn't taste very nice.  I think I struggled because I'm battling a cold, but also because last week was my highest mileage ever....that and the floral taste in my mouth. 

I was born in Australia and only moved to the states 7 years ago, but I still think 'what the?' when I hear km, it's no longer a distance I know by heart. 

Gen--Ive chronically had back issues..usually its manageable pain that goes away when I start moving around. Usually hurts in the morning and gets better throughout the day. Or if its sore during normal activities, it goes away once I start running. I aggravated it this time just bending over..although it had recently began to be more achy than usual.

Have my first ever PT appointment tomorrow evening.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hope Murphy and Pam both feel better soon.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.