Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/13/2010 (Read 148 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Slept in a bit before running my 3 miles of recovery.  Much cooler temps and low humidity made me happy.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Sleeping is good!

Way to go, Bugs!!

3 recovery miles for me as well.  Legs are still sore from Saturday.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

I've been a bit absent lately.  Nothing serious.  Just a case of the running doldrums after my race at Crim a few weeks ago.

3 last night easy.  4 at work today.  Trying hard to get back in the swing of things before my next two fall races.

Easy miles, everyone.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Yay Bugs! Nice to see you stop by! Don't you hate stupid prizes? How hard would it have been to have the coffee cup dressed up with something. Heck, a gift card for coffee would've been nice. Congrats on the 1st in AG though, that's awesome. 15k is a good distance, I wish we had some of those here.

Nice running partner, Cash! My brother has a border collie and he's a wonderful runner. My SIL takes him out quite a bit. Very smart dogs.

Hi Dave! I don't make it over here as often as I'd like. Seems like this year has gotten so busy, cutting into my RA time. Grrr.

Your sons are doing so well, Paul! I love hearing about their races and ever-dropping times.

Ran 13.6 miles up and down Ester Dome on Saturday, not quite as fast as the week before but not bad. The trip up the hill was faster, but the "out-and-back" part took longer cuz I had to go through bushes to get around puddles. Hope the dry weather we're going to have this week will help with those. Yesterday I ran a tempo run, 10 miles at 7:55 average with some hills, but nothing huge. Picked berries on Saturday and did a lot of "stuff" yesterday to just eat up the whole day. I really wish I could have a couple more hours on the weekends... they just always seem too short.

Rest day today. 6 days to the Equinox and the weather is looking awesome. Yay.

Nice pace, Erika!

Hi, Dave!  What races?

8 miles at GA pace for me this morning, about 8:24/mi

It was a beautiful morning to run!

Dave

I've got the Brooksie Way HM on 3 October (coming up Murph?) and the Army 10 Miler 3 weeks later.

I've got to step it up big time.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

I love Dave's kitty! That picture always makes me smile. Smile

6.2 mile RAL in new shoes! Wow... they sure are white.

5 days to race day. I sure hope I can get some sleep soon. The last couple of nights have not been good and I feel a little fuzzy.

Kimmie, did you run that half on the 5th you were going to do? I don't even know which Rock-n-Roll race it was.

Murphy, you still doing the Air Force Marathon on Saturday??

theyapper

On the road again...

Overslept this morning (going to bed @ 1 am can do that, I guess) and didn't get me 7 miler in, so I swapped today and tomorrow's runs.  Did 3.5 with the kids @ XC today and will get my 7 in early tomorrow when it's (hopefully) around 58F.

Paul

Kimmie

Hey y'all-

Well, I went and did something crazy.  I registered for the Marine Corps Marathon.  It's only 5 weeks away.  So, what am I thinking?  I hope that I can get some more running in, then just go do it for fun.  I'm thinking that the Richmond Marathon will be my goal race.

I haven't run more than 7 miles recently, but I'm feeling better and I just want a marathon to shoot for.

No, I didn't run the Rock N Roll.   It filled before I was sure that I was getting back to normal.  I just found out about a brand new half marathon this weekend, across the Woodrow Wilson bridge into the National Harbor in DC.  I REALLY want to do it, but I don't think I can as DH will be out of town.  Plus, there's the whole, I haven't run much lately thing, too.

Ok, go ahead and call me crazy.

Hey, Kimmie - we're running MCM, too!  How'd you get in?  I thought it was closed.  Whatever way, maybe we can meet up.

Kimmie

Hey cool! Glad you're running it. I bought someones bib. The only race that allows transfers, I think. At least I can sleep in my own bed. Smile
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think I know a couple people doing that half this weekend, but I'm not sure I can remember whom.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Went out this morning for my 7 mile run - supposed to be easy, but at mile 4 I decided to make it more of a pace run since I was holding MP and HR was in my easy range.  Last 3 miles were more like a progression and ended up way too fast.  Cooler temps make running much more fun.

Good to see you back here, Crazy Kimmie.  Hope the marathon plans work out well for you.  I really enjoyed Richmond last year (well, 23 of the 26.2 miles at least).

Paul

Nice run there, Paul!

Perry, my memory is like that, too.  I didn't think you were that old, though.

9 miles @ recovery pace this morning for me.  Woohoo!  Tomorrow I get to sleep in!  'till 4:30!!!

Dave

Nice runs, Lou and Paul.  Cooler temps are awesome.

Beautiful day here today.  High in the 70's.  Bright and sunny. 

6.3 for me at about a 9:00 pace.  Steady the whole way.  Trying to get back in the swing of things.  DW has been running more.  3 miles at a time but running the whole way now.  I'm hesitant to even say much to her about it since if she feels pressured, she'll probably just stop.  But I hope the running bug really bites her Smile.

dgb2n@yahoo.com