Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/13/2010 (Read 148 times)

Kimmie

Nice picture!

Maybe I have seen this one before...not saying that you have a forgettable face or anything, Cash.

Where was this taken?

Cashmason

Lol,  you got me Kimmie.

Any picture with Erika in it is a good picture.  Uh, who is the guy?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Cash, you know we love you.

Wondering how to cram for this marathon.  I need to go long this weekend, of course, but not sure if I should jump from 10 miles to 18 or anything crazy like that.  

Tricky balance to get some more long runs in, don't panic, don't get injured and don't wear yourself out trying to make up for lost time.

I don't think I would even consider running another marathon on such little training, but Marine Corps is my first.  As you might remember, I've run it 3 times total and it's only 30 minutes from my house.

The funny thing is, I always give my RP a hard time for jumping into long races at the last minute, just because other people are doing it.  But the big difference is, she's usually in better endurance shape than I am.

Off to run.....

theyapper

On the road again...

I have absolutely no advice for you, Kimmie, other than I bet you'll end up doing great.

Did 7 this morning, felt harder than it needed to mainly because the temps are back up - 73F when I went out and muggy.  Trying to not get discouraged and holding on to the fact that my marathon will be in December so I shouldn't have to deal with these kind of temps.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

There was a guy in that picture?

Kim, you'll have to guage your endurance somehow before the race.  Walking through the water stops is probably a good idea Wink.

Paul, looks like you paced pretty decent despite the heat.

4 more miles for me with the last one at tempo pace.  Pretty manageable work week so I got out M - W - F for 4 - 6 - 4 .  I've got to get around to updating my mileage at some point. 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

That picture was taken before the Carlsbad marathon in January 2008. It was the last of my 6-in-6-months string of marathons, and I almost PR'd (Seattle the prior November had been 3 minutes faster though). Cash wasn't doing the race, but came down to have dinner with us the night before. It was a fun group, Ileneforward and her DH FastForward, Dove and Mr. Hawk, Opie and his family, and Sherie Rainer who we never hear from anymore, then Cash and me and my DH. It was a good group (did I leave anyone out?) and a good race.

Ended up walking about a mile last night out looking for cranberries on our road. The trail at the end of the cul-de-sac used to have a ton but not much this year. Maybe I'm just too late in the season. Then pulled some carrots and beets and got those cleaned up. The garden clean up continues. These warm late summer days give me a false sense of complacency when it comes to the garden. I need to get my butt in gear Sunday and finish it up because next week we'll be in the freezing temps every night! Indian Summer is sweet around here, but it doesn't last long.

Errands to run at lunch, and I might run a bit after work. Might not. At this point, I don't really care. Almost time to Rock!

Happy Camper

"Almost time to Rock!" - Like as in tomorrow morning?  Hope you have a great day out there!

First real week of cutback for me.  Should get just over 40-miles for the week.  Did hill repeats on Monday and 200 meter repeats this morning.  Going out for 10-miles at marathon pace tomorrow  with the local group.  Rest of the days have been 5-milers at general aerobic effort.  I had to do back to back weight lift nights this week again due to evening  stuff popping up.  Glad my races are coming up soon and I'm into taper.  Work is getting a little scary.  Boss got pushed sideways into a different job and city last week.  He will be replaced  but we don't yet know our own fate and have not had any communication from higher level management.  Kind of a gut punching feeling.  I'll be ready for 10 tomorrow morning for  sure. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

cutback?  didn't you just run up pikes peak and down?  I hate it when job stuff is tenuous.  hope it all works out

Erika - best of luck tomorrow.  You're going to rock it, I know.

Hi, Dave!

I guess I didn't post my run this morning.  11.4 miles @ 9:15/mi.  I planned 11 and got busy thinking about I don't know what, and ran some extra cul-de-sacs.  oops.

Kimmie

Good luck Erika!

Easy 5 for me this morning.  What a beautiful day!

Kimmie

It is really beautiful outside here today, Lou.

Can't wait to hear about Erika's crazy adventure.   Knowing what she ran, I don't want to even mention the three hills I ran during the 5K I was in this morning.

I really felt pretty good though, finished in 25:30.  Small race so that was good enough for 4th in Age group and I think 12th in women.

Only 15 seconds slower than the 3rd place woman.  I think she passed me at the end, which is a bummer!  Smile   But I was just happy to be out there and enjoying the weather.

Yesterday was 9 miles of hills, felt good, but need to do more.

Have a good one all!

Bugs

Erika,

I thought once you posted a chest picture of Cash, oh maybe that was PDR. Well both are attractive men, post them all.

About my dorkey coffee cup I won, I compared to old one, and decided it is the uglest coffee cup ever. (If you win a coffee cup you at least want a nice one) I thought last years was bad, but this race is cheap and I like it when races keep the entry fee down.

Ran a cheap one today, I think $10. For some reason not too many regular runners come, but lots of college kids. I got 2nd female in the 5K, 23:23, 7:14 first mile, avg 7:30. The course is hard, a good stretch of down hill, where I tend not to be competive, and a bad hill at the end. I won a $30 gift card for Scheels (sporting good store), awesome prize. 1st got 10 free chipotle burritos, higher in value, but so glad I got the gift card. I need to run more races. You just can't simulate this workout without a race.

Kimmie,

Good for you! Who knows, maybe you will have a great race.

P2R,

Oh I hate job stress. And I've got tons of it with two new big shots in town to fix us all up. I've seen it all, and still it makes me nervous. My husband just started a new job, and he is having a tough time staying busy.. That also sucks.

Oh I don't know how far to run tomorrow. 10 mile in one week and it is a goal race.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice race, Bugs.  Good thing about bad coffee mugs is that they can still hold really good coffee.

Cutback week for me so I did 10 this morning.  It was cooler this morning and I ended up doing some a progression run - avg pace was right at MP.  First few miles in the 10s, last one 8:50.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Wow, Bugs, you've gotten so fast.

That is awesome.  Congrats on the win.