Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-16 (Read 305 times)

Kimmie

oh, and I've decided that I've fulfilled my quota for being sick for the next three winters!!!
      According to Facebook, Shan's running a marathon today. GO SHAN
      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Go Shan Go! I broke 60 miles this week. First time ever.
          Nice job, MrI! Shan's a maniac! Wow, first DC half, then VA Beach full, all in one weekend! Me, I just needed a bit of a recovery run: 5.5 miles, 50:05, 9:06/mi, AHR 136 (70% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Ran less this week than planned since I killed the doubles, and was a bit sick Friday/Saturday. Did get 4 in yesterday. Next week I should be in the high 30s. Wont get a long run in since Im racing a 15k Sunday. Depending on how hard I go, I may get a 2nd run in Sunday evening. I am feeling better now. Plan on getting a few 8 milers in mid-week.

Dave

Nice job, MrI! Shan's a maniac! Wow, first DC half, then VA Beach full, all in one weekend! Me, I just needed a bit of a recovery run: 5.5 miles, 50:05, 9:06/mi, AHR 136 (70% MHR)
              Nice Lou. My recovery today consists of motrin and whining. Great running, Murph. My official time was 3:54:31. It was pretty funny to see the people who finished near me and their 20 mile split and then look at my 20 mile split. 10K split 49:11 7:55 pace 13.1 split 1:43:02 7:52 pace 20 mile split 2:37:46 7:54 pace 26.2 3:54:31 3:53:16 8:54 pace 1:25:30 for my final 10K Big grin Shan ran a 1:58 yesterday by the way. She's doing her own little Goofy Challenge Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Way to go Mr I. Murph, good idea to pull the plug on the doubles until you feel good again. Lifted before spin, taught spin then ran a 5k on the treadmill, progression run. Ave 8:05. Last mile at 6:53 and I was wondering if I was gonna be able to hang onto that pace.... I need more stamina. Only 14 miles running this week, but taught/ subbed 5 cycle classes this week plus a few swims and few lifting sessions.
                Cashmason

I am thinking I am gonna have to sit by Shan's bed side and bring her frozen peas for the sore spots and tea with honey. Its nice that she can run it her way and experience running the way she wants too.
                  Cashmason

From Trent in the Swamp On ShanGen's Facebook: Saturday - 13.1 - 1:59 - Sunday - 26.2 - 3:57!!!! Not quite sure what this means; it totally defies my imagination Holy cow, she is shattering PR's left and right.
                    Kimmie

Good for Shan.... she's being conspicously absent here. Smile Hope that she's had a good time. Must be something to the racing every weekend thing.

Bugs

Shan ran a 1:58 yesterday by the way. She's doing her own little Goofy Challenge Big grin
                        How the hell did she do that amazing stunt? The girls got guts and legs. Yesterday sickness was the calm before the storm. The flu hit today. Hopefully a marathon in training works as well for me as Shan.

Bugs

Ok here are the pictures I took yesterday. http://www.pbase.com/lking/nationalhalf09

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Sounds like a fun weekend of good running. Ya running on the weekend is overrated. While you guys were out wrecking havoc on your knees I was nursing the flu and watching Alf ALL DAY long. Don't be too envious.

Bugs

Kimmie

Bugs, I'm so sorry that you are sick.... you know I feel your pain. Sick sisters, that's what we are... not fair by any means. Thanks for the pictures, Lou. We needed to snap a group picture in that tiny restaurant. I feel bad that you're not in any of them! I feel like I need a plan. After my marathon, I feel like I'm just wandering around aimlessly running whatever I feel like... I need a good plan to get back on track with miles.... Cherry Blossom 10 miler is next for me on the 5th of April and then that lovely 200 mile relay on the 24th of April. so, if someone wants to give me a plan for both of these, that would be great. Dave, how you feeling? Erika, still traveling? Some good running for lots of people on here... love seeing pictures too. Bugs, rest up- rare opportunity to catch up on TV. I think it has something to do with having kids... kids= germs. Not that I don't LOVE my kids.Big grin

Bugs

Kim, Oh the kiddos make it very hard to stay not-sick. I'm a little freaked out by my lack of running, but trying to keep calm about it. Shan sure seemed to do well with the marathon in training, so maybe everything will work out. I couldn't do what Shan is doing though, I'd be broken I know it. I can say I want to be on my game for next goal race or run it as a training run, nothing in between. But I'm done pushing myself when I'm sick. It's just not worth it. You just ran a full marathon, so you got lots of endurance, so maybe some speed work. Nobby seems to like hills repeats, and fartleks. I think I'd try running some doubles, get use to running more than once is the same day. But I'm like the least experienced runner here now, so what do I know. Smile

Bugs