Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-16 (Read 305 times)

Bugs

So Bugs, did I understand correctly that you were butter knifing some friends? That's cool... still sounds painful though.
    Yes, I have two patients now. It was NOT painful. I'll keep you posted..but I think I will have them both running by the weekend. I'm not sure about the knee guy. Knees are NOT my expertise, but I'm very good at rubbing out injury in my achilles. People are going to Doc Bugs, there must be a recession.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Sounds interesting. Is this a supplemental treatment with ye olde rollinge pin? Or something completely different?
      theyapper

On the road again...

Yes, I have two patients now. It was NOT painful. I'll keep you posted..but I think I will have them both running by the weekend. I'm not sure about the knee guy. Knees are NOT my expertise, but I'm very good at rubbing out injury in my achilles. People are going to Doc Bugs, there must be a recession.
        As the resident "knee issue" guy, I am very interested about how this turns out. Of course, I'm also pretty curious about what the butter knife means.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

As the resident "knee issue" guy, I am very interested about how this turns out. Of course, I'm also pretty curious about what the butter knife means.
          Its actually a real life butter knife. Scares me to death. I'm guessing there's a depression in Minnesota, not a recession. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - when did "that" happen??? how did I miss it??? yeah, i'm leaving it to you to figure out what i'm talking about! Evil grin

Dave

Taper and illness will do that to you Stunt Girl. That's your super hero name by the way.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

As long as Bugs only has the butter knife, I trust her. Would probably feel pretty good too. Now if she had a fight with her husband and she had a hockey mask and the 9 inch Chef's knife out, I may keep my distance. Bugs you are an awesome runner, as long as you are healthy you can put up some great times. And with Nobby's training you will rock the house. Dave, take care of Kimmie and see that she gets her BQ. Tie her shoelaces to yours if you have too. Hope Erika is feeling better. Oh btw, my friend has pneumonia. Not great, but taking pills beats getting cut open with a scalpel.
                theyapper

On the road again...

So, you spread warm butter over the sore knee? Do you need jelly, too?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

Taper and illness will do that to you Stunt Girl. That's your super hero name by the way.
                    I got sick too. So that's no excuse!! Evil grin TY - i think she prefers baby oil.
                    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good tempo run this morning, 9+ miles with 4 at LT. Missed yesterday, contemplating a short recovery run this evening in preparation for my med/long run tomorrow.

Dave

4 and change for me today as the taper continues. 8:30 pace. Stunt Girl was noting that she had passed me for the year on mileage to date. Since super hero's never taper, she had an advantage.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

4 and change for me today as the taper continues. 8:30 pace. Stunt Girl was noting that she had passed me for the year on mileage to date. Since super hero's never taper, she had an advantage.
                          haha I have NO clue what you were talking about! I just thought I was further behind you and you have still been racking up miles the last week...
                            Looks like some good running going on today!! Well done peeps! Can't wait to hear how all our racers for the weekend do!! Hope to see some major butt kicking!! Ran 10 easy miles with a friend of mine. We didn't do the big hills like I had wanted (that will be next week) but did a really nice rolling hills course. Weather was PERFECT!! Very enjoyable.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

pam that sounds nice! I'm staring out the window at the sunshine and am itching to get out there!!!
                                I failed in my 2nd attempt at 5 am wake-up. And managed to piss off my wife with the early alarm for no benefit. Tomorrow I shall attempt a 5:45 run to coincide with her alarm clock. Still should be able to get well into the mid-40 mile range this week. Thats likely a record for me.