Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-16 (Read 305 times)

Hail to The Victors!

Nice races guys! Well done for early season racing! Dave, don't get yourself down about your race, I think you did all right. You fought through to the end and finished. I know its small potatoes compared to your goal, but finishing a marathon (especially a sub 4 marathon) is still something a lot of people can't do. Lou already heard it from me on Facebook, but I'll say it again: Way to go! I sandwiched a small 5k in the middle of my 18 mile long run today: 19:41. It was near my house, so I warmed up to the race, ran the race, stuck around for the awards and then did the last 12. Hopefully my body learned something about running tired, because I don't want to have to do that very often. :-)

Dave

Thanks, Jeremy. I was disappointed but I've really got no regrets. Tough way to earn experience but now I know how my body reacts at that level of effort. I PR'd in the HM and 20 mile distances. Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Thanks, Jeremy. I was disappointed but I've really got no regrets. Tough way to earn experience but now I know how my body reacts at that level of effort. I PR'd in the HM and 20 mile distances. Wink
        Great attitude Dave. Really it's just a time in the log and one I'd take any day.

Bugs

Dave

This is what pain looks like: The blips in the pace early on were going through tunnels. Also around mile 18-19. The real problems start at 21.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Oh Dave that looks like a painful finish. I think if you had been feeling better it would have made the difference, sometimes it's just now our day. It's my fault. If I had been there I would have made you run slower that first half. I couldn't have even ran sub-two hour half marathon today so good I was not there to cough all over you.

Bugs

Great Job Lou! Dave- Great Job! Theres something to be said for just going all out and seeing what you can do. It will make you stronger for the next one. Did anyone meet up with Shan?
              Cashmason

Quick report from me -- maybe more later maybe not. PR with 1:37:12, 10th in division, 355 overall (not sure how many runners in each, though so that's not useful. PDR also PR'd with 1:54:44, 12th in division. Best part: met up with Kimmie, AmoresPerres, Dave and others. Had a nice lunch. This after Dave drove back and forth between RFK and Anacostia several times Tongue
                Fantastic, congrats on the PR. And for PDR also. Woot !
                Cashmason

This is what pain looks like: The blips in the pace early on were going through tunnels. Also around mile 18-19. The real problems start at 21.
                  Looks pretty similar to my last marathon. Everything was going great until just after the 20 mile aid table.
                    This is what pain looks like:
                    Dave - that really drives it home. Sorry you went through that but yes there is a lot to be learned in this sport. You can say a couple of things: a) you went for it, and, b) you toughed it out. And Jeremy already heard from me on facebook but wow that was blazingly fast!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Great racing, everyone. Dave, it did hurt seeing that graph, but like Lou said, there's a good feeling from knowing you gave it everything you had and still finished when it got tough. I'm wrapping up my 2nd week of LHR training, and today I did my first long run in this type of training. 8.15 miles. It took a LONG time.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

From this morning. Top is from the start. Second is from about the turnaround.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Those are great pics, P2R. I gotta run with you some day ! Big grin Full race report here: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/f28654c319f64efca5591f4a1a2a51c2#focus

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Hey everyone! so, how great was today??? so bummed that it was tough for Dave, but so excited to meet RA people. I think I will write a report on this one, because every race is a learning experience. I may post it on the racing forum and then cross post here. Lou, so nice to meet you and your lovely wife. We'll have to do another local race soon. Frederick as the relay might be a possibility. all we need is 4 runners. Smile Again, Dave, hope you're feeling ok.... plan to read your race report after I get the kiddos to bed. Shan? We've been wondering about you... hope you're OK.

Dave

Shan was there. There's a facebook picture of her in the Armory. Too bad we missed her Undecided

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

I just checked facebook and didn't see it. Btw, P2r, great pictures! Ok, I decided I don't really need to write a report on this one. I ran a 1:55:19... that's slower than my first half of my marathon at Myrtle Beach and about 4 minutes slower than my PR, but 3 minutes faster than I ran on this course last year. Bottom line, because of being sick, I just wasn't really prepared to run this half. I thought Race Day Magic might show up and give me the magic ability to run a 1:45. (ha! Smile ) But, it didn't. Yesterday, I couldn't breathe because my cold was so bad, but I was like, no way am I missing RA people- I'm running this race no matter what. What's kind of funny is that my splits are REALLY all over the place. I started out with Dave and Perry and imediately knew that I needed to dial back... can't be breathing that hard at the very beginning. but look at these splits: M1- 8:20 M2- 7:35 M3- 7:39 M4- 8:54 M5- 8:14 M6- 9:51 M7- 8:54 M8- 8:44 M9- 8:45 M10- 8:05 11-9:35 12- 10:51 13-8:09 I kept thinking I could pick it up... tried and then my body laughed at me. Smile The other funny thing is that I said to the RA group before we started, there aren't that many hills in this race. There are hills in this race and every time I went up another one, I laughed a little. Towards the end, I knew that it had become a fun run for me. I needed to stop at the porta potty, so I did. I wasn't going to kill myself with being sick lately and all... but that last mile is not too bad. Ok, I said I wouldn't write a report, but I did. Super highlight.... getting to meet the RA people... too bad we didn't run into Shan. Dave had a great smile on his face during lunch which shows that he has a wonderful perspective on things.