Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/31 (Read 288 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And Perry, you better train. And think positive. heh

Stop, you'll make my stomach hurt from laughing -- really, that cracked me up but good Smile

I'm gonna go out and play with the positive terminal on my car battery.

PS: Don't go drag racing on icy roads. Actually, Amanda, don't go drag racing regardless, is probably good advice for you.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Like I needed another reason not to live in Boonville or Sedalia.

We got a dusting last night but apparently doom is still impending in suburban Detroit.  

Wait a minute, I live in suburban Detroit, I'm not even allowed to bad mouth Boonville.  Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

We had a sheen of ice on our roads, in a freezing drizzle, but it was nothing that yaktrax couldn't handle

8 @ 8:35/mi

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

i had fun this morning. Once I got the baby in the car and the car down the driveway it was fine. We just got the freezing rain. The roads were fine. Driveway and parking lots, not so much. It is supposed to get up to 40 todaay so the freezing rain should melt. I should be abe to get my double in today.

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job on getting out and running in the frozen stuff guys.  I still haven't gone out for my run and it isn't even really that cold here.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

10-miles in screw shoes this morning.  Ice is impressive over concrete.  Wind and snow really picked up and slowed me down towards the end of the run.  Snowfall is to be 2 - 3" per hour all afternoon.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Good job on getting out and running in the frozen stuff guys.  I still haven't gone out for my run and it isn't even really that cold here.

yeah what he says!  Snow shoes with screws?  I haven't even looked outside, let alone gone outside.  About all I'm going to do is layer up and head into my heated garage to my treadmill it for a while.  You guys are hard core! (or crazy!)

Smile

Dave

In the bet between hard core and crazy, both is usually the easy money.

4.5 for me on the treadmill.  Mile warmup.  1 mile@ 8:00.  Mile easy.  1 mile @ 7:43.  half a mile cooldown.

Looks like we're supposed to get between 18-24 inches tonight and tomorrow...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

4 tempo miles @ 8:02 with a mile warmup and cooldown around them.  It'll help me enjoy watching The Biggest Loser more tonight knowing I got that done.

Wish we could take some of that snow off your yard, Dave.  We're getting zip.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

ugh..forgot some essential equipment for my lunchtime workout. I feel like a lazy sloth.

Happy Camper

8 inches on the ground.  This continues until noon Wednesday. Dead

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hawt and sexy

Whew. The snow is gone. Now the ice is on the way.

I'm touching your pants.

34 degrees and raining. Id much rather have snow. Im sure this will all freeze overnight again.

4 miles at the indoor track. It was all I could do to get to the gym, I am just exhausted. Although by the time I got 2 miles in I was feeling 'in the zone'. Didnt want to do too much because the indoor track can be tough on the legs--and at most I could have only gotten 1 more mile in before the Y closed.

My throat is pretty soar. Im going to stay inside to run the rest of the week even if conditions improve.

Dutchie42

Drive by post:

My son broke his foot on Monday so I was in the ER all Monday evening. Slept thru my alarm on Tuesday (it's a daylight alarm). This morning I was out with the dogs though. Lot's of very slow early morning doggie running in my future now. Maybe that's a good thing?

Dutchie
                              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Sorry about your son's foot, Dutchie.  What kind of dogs do you have?

We had 34° and rainy this morning, here too.  They'd predicted ice but the roads were (thankfully) just wet.  6 easy miles for me on those roads.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com