Marathon Trainers

Mission Impossible - Getting Down to Race Weight (Read 578 times)

Bugs

Weight loss support. Why would you want to carry a tub of lard with you when you race? Ofcourse you wouldn't. View everyone's progress on: official spreadsheet.

Bugs

Bugs

Today's Weight: 122.5. Goal Weight: 116 I've ran the fastest at this weight and am a thin boned person. Eating cabbage soup as I type this. Wonderful.

Bugs

Todays weight (yesterdays really) 193.5 Goal weight - For Vegas 12/7 - 185 Real goal weight for 2009 3:59:59 goal -175
        Kimmie

ok, I will join you guys. This is going to be painful. Today's weight: 137 Goal weight: 129 I am 5' 9" and I've raced at 131 but never 129. I might not even be able to get that low. And I want to focus on building muscle too... so we'll see if this goal is even realistic.
            My lowest weight was at my 2nd marathon (Finished at 180) Probably started 185. That was my best time.

Oh Mighty Wing

i;m not going to join you as the last time i lost weight I screwed myself. Plus I seem to be holding steady at 151 so I'm happy. BUT I will be your cheerleader!!! GOOD LUCK!

Bugs

My first pickle is tonight, Book Club. I didn't even read the book, I go for the treats and wine. I'm going to skip. DS had birthday on Wed and I'll have some chocolate cake with dinner.

Bugs

evanflein

Kimmie you're as tall as I am! At 129, people start asking me if I've been sick... I think my perfect happy weight is 135... I haven't seen that weight in a year or so! Oddly enough, my PR times have been at heavier weights. I'm 145 now... a good 10 lbs to go but if I could just drop 5 I'd be happy. And a "real" 5... not just a fluke from a day or two of undereating and lots of water. I fluctuate a lot so it's sometimes hard to tell if a drop is a "real" loss or just a dip.

Oh Mighty Wing

Holy crap - Kimmie and Erica you guys are 20 lbs lighter than me????? Damn I felt thin at 150...

Happy Camper

[sigh] Today's weight: 188 12/31/08: 178 Goal Weight: 165 by April. Are we posting weekly? Weigh in by Monday evening?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Today 195..stupid halloween candy laying around. And hit the vending machine a couple times yesterday. Gotta stop that.

Bugs

P2R, I was hoping to post on Fridays. Erika, All that hill running you do I'm sure its all muscle. My waist is not the same, my legs not as tone, so I have doubt there is fat too loose. I wish this log had trend weight, because trend weight takes into account the flucuations. If anybody would rather post waist measurements, thats fine too. Last night did not go as planned. I ran in the evening, then had to hussle to book club without eating anything. I stopped at a gas station and bought a chocolate milk, hoping to limit the damage. But dam she had these coffee drinks with baileys in it. I need a new plan for book club night, which will probably be exercising more that day and letting myself eat. I'm a big believer in having legal planned "cheat days". Like today, I will eat perfect so I can justify eating 'some' birthday cake with my son.

Bugs

Happy Camper

Friday post would be okay by me. Did I mention I will be gone Friday and unavailable to the internet? I'll weigh and post Thursday this week.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Holy crap - Kimmie and Erica you guys are 20 lbs lighter than me????? Damn I felt thin at 150...
                              Shan, dear... it's a "k" not a "c". Sorry... pet peeve of mine... Blush And no, I'm only 5 lbs less than you. Want to be 10 down from where I am, but that'll probably never happen. I like wine and cheese too much. Big grin
                              Kimmie

ok, so we're going to post on Fridays. I think I should mention that I am going to be focusing on building some more muscle too. So, I MAY post my body fat % too... If I'm brave enough. It's pretty low already, I just want to take a little off, get more toned, lose some fat pounds. If you've heard of the book, Clean Eating, tell me what you think about it for runners. I may try to follow that plan this week. I just really want to clean up my diet more and not just rely on the running to maintain weight.