Marathon Trainers

Mission Impossible - Getting Down to Race Weight (Read 578 times)

Bugs

I'm thinking we post - end of week, and on the weekend I take everybody's weight and put into log that calculates the trend weight and re-post. It's a complicated average thing. I like it because than you can say my trend weight is going up/down and not be freaked about your real weight. Just better if you all of a sudden gain 3 pounds. Would provide a nice summary for everyone. Anyway I'll work up a better plan over the weekend.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm the heaviest person here! What do I win? Big grin I had lost a bunch of weight early on and had plateaued for over a year. I recently had enough of lugging the weight around and signed up at sparks about a month ago and have logged every friggin thing I've put down my pork trap for the last month. The result is about 11 pounds over the last month. Still...long way to go before goal weight so I'm in. It'll be nice to do this with like minded friends. I haven't really connected with much of anybody at sparks. Different demographic. current weight 224 (as of 10/25) goal weight 185 Bugs does trend line statistics? That makes me swoon.
        Slackers..post those weights... 193.0

Bugs

Trend weight is like a fancy average deal. I actually like to use for those who weigh daily. It is suppose to figure that your weight goes up and down day to day. My weight: 122 .5 pound loss. Glad we did this before the candy eating tonight...oh I am going to skip that.

Bugs

Kimmie

ok, this is painful but I'm going to do it. Today's weight: 139 I actually put on 2 more pounds... not running as much and still eating like I'm celebrating after a marathon.

Oh Mighty Wing

154...man it got cold and I put on 3 lbs!
                Just noticed this thread, I've gotta pay closer attention. Think I'll hop in after the marathon. I can't imagine the 2 weeks before that are the best time to start caring. Very cool idea, and love the cool stats Bugs has promised. Good luck everyone!

Oh Mighty Wing

I don't care I just listen well... murphy said to report weight and so I did! Smile
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Bugs

OK, I did not forget the stats, but it was a crazy weekend (halloween, amusement park, birthday party)...but I will try tonight to figure out if I can use spreadsheets.google.com or something. My diet plan is pretty simple...basically I try not to anything naughty until Saturday night. For about one hour on Saturday's I eat whatever and as much as I want. During the week if I want it, I make a mental note to eat it on Saturday. I like to log calories too and will just haven't started. I like to eat a lower calorie breakfast, the same thing for lunch all week, and a low fat meat and veggies for dinner. I usually eat fresh fruit as a snack in the afternoon, strawberries or I buy fresh pinneaple all cut-up. I put a photo of me on my profile from 3 years ago. This is the 116 pound version. I want her back.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

My plan right now is to log every friggin morsel of food I put in my pork trap. I had lost a lot of weight early on and plateaued for some time, even put some weight back on. I've been logging for over a month now and am down about 12 pounds. I'm simply going to continue with that plan.

Happy Camper

I started the food journal today. This is one year ago at 163 lbs. That is the stretch goal. I would like 175 by 12/31 and 160 by April. I have planning going on for St. Louis again. I'll post weight update Friday.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Bryan I love that picture. Woohoo! Check out the guns! Heheh... Shy I'm all over the place. Was 144.5 the day I left for NYC, 148 yesterday, 146 today... maybe by Friday I'll have stabilized and can have a "starting point" for dropping a few over the next few weeks. With running currently on hold, that's gonna be tricky. Here's me with my buddy Joey in Vegas (soccer trip) in 2007... I think I was 132 here. Sure would like to wear those pink shorts again...

Bugs

Erika, You look great in that picture. (I bet you still do.) I'm pondering how to do the spreadsheet. I was looking at the trend weight in the David Hayes log. Should I make a worksheet for each person or add columns. I thought first I'd get the worksheet done, keep the spreadsheets online so everyone can easily edit it, and later add some sort of cool graph. I am a Java programmer, but think I can manage this Excel business, but will not buy my own server to host. Wink What do you think would work best in the excel sheet? MTA, what online food journal do you guys use? I'm used fitday and dailyplate. I think I would like dailyplate better but I got comfortable with fitday.

Bugs

Kimmie

that is a great picture of you Erika. It's funny that I pictured you as brunette, not blond... no reason... just the picture in my head. I use spark people... when I use it. I'm very bad at logging my food. And sorry I can't help you with how to work a spreadsheet, bugs. I'm computer illiterate.