Marathon Trainers

Mission Impossible - Getting Down to Race Weight (Read 578 times)

Cashmason

Great Job Shan and Kimmie.
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

206 - cautiously hopeful that I'm trending downwards again.
      Cashmason

Good Job Mr. I !

Bugs

I confess, I've been staying out of this thread. I really needed to get my head in gear. I was in a real slump in December. Now that Fargo is less than three months out my mind is 100% focused on training in all the areas including nutrition. I'm 123, but visibly fatter than I've been in years. However the last few weeks my diet game has been right on. Last night the crew had pizza and I had spinach and tomatoes, cooked with onions, same thing the night before. Really pretty good. So while I'm not at my race weight, I'm proud that I'm back on track.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good to see you refocus Bugs. This is such a long term thing, there's always going to be a flux and flow to it. I was really really hoping to be at my goal weight by the time I started my 16 week program for Bayshore. Losing while training has been very tough for me in the past. That was an extremely aggressive goal and I didn't make it by a long shot. I've only lost about 8 pounds since THanksgiving (actually more than that, but I kept putting on the same few pounds and losing them again.) I also really really thought I could stop logging my food and still lose but I can't. I am so effing sick of tracking every freakin morsel of food that I put in my mouth I'm ready to scream. That being said, I've been back to logging for several days now and I've started trending downwards again. My desire to be fit and fast surpercedes my hatred of logging my food. 204 this morning. I haven't been that low in a long, long time. I was shooting for <200 by="" the="" end="" of="" the="" month="" but="" i="" don't="" think="" that's="" going="" to="" happen.="" i'm="" ok="" with="" that="" and="" will="" be="" there="" soon.="" i=""></200>will be at goal weight of 185 by May 23rd.

Oh Mighty Wing

very cool mr i. bugs - just be smart! My weight is all over the 130's. Think it'll take a few weeks to even out.
              evanflein

I've been at 141.5 for I think 3 weeks now... I guess you can't argue with consistency, but a teeny little downward trend would be nice. Like Mr Inertia, I find it very hard to lose weight when high mileage training makes me so hungry!
                theyapper

On the road again...

Stepped on the scales late last night and saw 178. Figured that was an aberration because I've been stuck at 183 for what seems like months. But, up early this morning and back on them and, sure enough, 178. That's been the whole story of my downward trend from 210 when I started running last April. Nothing for a long time, then 3-5 pounds drop almost overnight. Then, another long wait before the next batch drops off. Guess I'm back to the waiting and running for now, but I'm pumped to be in the 170s. Anywhere between 170-175 and I'll be happy just to hold that number, so I'm not too far away from that.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Ugh. This is such a roller coaster ride. I feel like I'm in a backyard brawl fighting for every freakin pund off the scale. 204 though this morning though. Progress.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - i felt like that for a long time as well... well all of last year anyway. You will get there!!! 204 is pretty awesome!
                      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I think the plateau is officially broken through. I was 201 this morning and, although I know it's cheating and not real, got back on after my run just to see <200 on the scale. i should be below 200 later this week - for the first time in over 13 years. on="" the="" scale.="" i="" should="" be="" below="" 200="" later="" this="" week="" -="" for="" the="" first="" time="" in="" over="" 13=""></200 on the scale. i should be below 200 later this week - for the first time in over 13 years.>

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH MR. I!!!!!! THAT IS GREAT!!!!!
                          evanflein

I was 140 this morning. That was pretty fun to see... but I think I'm still "low" from my long run on Sunday. My weight is strange that way... I get a post-LR dip that gradually goes up over the next week. I'll probably be 145 again after my trip (which always makes the weight go up...).
                            Cashmason

Great job Mr. I !
                              theyapper

On the road again...

Awesome, Mr. I. First time in 13 years is quite a statement.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul