Marathon Trainers

Mission Impossible - Getting Down to Race Weight (Read 578 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

so I weighed myself today and almost died!! 157... I need to eat less - or run more! MTA: is gaining 3 lbs over a marathon weekend normal?

Bugs

so I weighed myself today and almost died!! 157... I need to eat less - or run more!
      It was the booze. MTA: And yes dear, you need to run more...but not because of weight, but you knew that. Wink MTA2: Holy shit are you tall! I am the runt in this group.

Bugs

evanflein

I also like to weight daily, but consider once a week the "weigh in" day. That day has varied from Friday (for this group) to Monday... but gets moved around sometimes. I can understand gaining a pound or two (or three) from a big dinner, salty foods, etc. If I have soup in a restaurant or Thai food, I can almost guarantee I'll be up the next day. I'm ok with that. What I hate is the big unexplainable 4-5 pound jumps that don't just "go away" after a couple days of good eating and lots of water. The older I get, the more this happens and it pisses me off! Angry So, last night, I ate a really small supper (just some leftovers), drank 3-4 big glasses of water, was active all evening (vacuuming, running, cleaning, etc) and this morning... almost 2 pounds up from Monday. Now THAT's annoying.

Oh Mighty Wing

It was the booze. MTA: And yes dear, you need to run more...but not because of weight, but you knew that. Wink MTA2: Holy shit are you tall! I am the runt in this group.
          haha I just read this!! what booze - I don't drink! They handed me beer at the finish line I had a sip to be polite and then traded for a gallon jug of water. Oh yeah I'm 5'9.
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

215, down a pund this week. Wondering if it'll stay off tomorrow. Confused

Bugs

Shan, See what the hell do I know. Happy Turkey Day, early. I personally don't plan to have a bite of the really bad crap. Now I actually approve of taking a vacation die on a holiday but I just decided I don't want to. I'm bringing a veggie tray with a fattening dip that I can avoid. Plan to eat turkey and green beans and salad Smile

Bugs

Cashmason

Way to go Mr. I. Shan, you are like I am. Last race, went to the beer garden, had a quarter cup of beer, and threw the rest away. Think I need to go out with Erika more, and let her drink my booze. Coach had us do what I call the Rainbow drills yesterday ( lots of skipping to teach us fast feet) and then butt kickers. Yep run around the track, and each step your heel really does touch your butt. I think she does that to get us wanting to get into the pool. Normally most of us hate swimming. But the drills make us use muscles we dont normally use, and the legs get tired/ slightly sore, and then we are more willing to go to the pool. I told her she needs to buy us Rainbow T shirts for each guy in the class. It does not feel very manly to skip in circles around a college track, with a whole bunch of strangers watching you.
                Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

217 - not hugely surprised after yesterday. Some of that will be water due to high sodium intake. Still, down 7 pounds this month. No complaints. After a day off the books, back to logging.

Oh Mighty Wing

So my scale is broken. I went away and when I got home it broke... I blame DH. But I feel thinner - so ya know that's a plus!
                    Kimmie

Coach had us do what I call the Rainbow drills yesterday ( lots of skipping to teach us fast feet) and then butt kickers. Yep run around the track, and each step your heel really does touch your butt. I told her she needs to buy us Rainbow T shirts for each guy in the class. It does not feel very manly to skip in circles around a college track, with a whole bunch of strangers watching you.
                      This is hilarious... I don't have any male clients- only females- but I have wondered if they ever felt silly while doing drills or squat jumps or something like that.... At least you're not out there by yourself. I have not been good about this weigh in thing- But I will get you that gmail login Bugs. I still weigh 137- not going up or down.
                      evanflein

Post Thanksgiving: 144.5 Oh well.

Oh Mighty Wing

I've lost some weight!! And now i'm on a no sugar diet (among some other things) so we'll see what "race weight" is!

Bugs

I was 121.5 this morning, but I weighed at the perfect time. Smile I need to get hardcore about this.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

151.5!!
                              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

212 2 more pounds and I'm going to see if the 34s fit. Two more pounds will also bring me to my December goal. 4 more pounds and I'll be the lightest Mrs Inertia has ever known me to be.