Marathon Trainers

Mission Impossible - Getting Down to Race Weight (Read 578 times)

Bugs

Great job to Shan and Erika. No scale here, but I feel bloated. It will good to be home and on a normal routine.

Bugs

Cashmason

Yay Shan and Erika ! Amazing you are down the day after Christmas.

Oh Mighty Wing

So yesterday I weighed in at 147 - that is 10lbs lighter than I was 1 month ago - that seems crazy to me!
        Cashmason

Fantastic Shan ! Most Americans gain 10 pound over the holidays. So you are 20 pounds ahead of most.

Bugs

Shan, That is very cool. Especially considering you first set you weren't playing in out "weight race" goal game. What is your goal BTW? I am being good today (green beans and tomoatoes for lunch), and working on making my environment free of all evil choices (through away any bad stuff at work - to hell with the cookie bringers).

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

i have no goal. Just seeing where it shakes out. I really wasn't trying to lose weight - it just happened.
                I ate a bunch of peanut brittle and a couple macaroons. I did have a chicken wrap for lunch though. I'll weigh myself again before I leave for my Orange Bowl trip.

Happy Camper

Nice thing about goals is that it is never to late to try again. Today's weight: 185.2. Made it through the holidays and am still close to starting weight. Time to do it before the weight creep begins. Thanks for the spreadsheet Bugs! I used it this morning.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

I think i've been eating more since I've been home. I'm still at 147.

Bugs

Shan, With the bump up of miles some weight should help also. 125 today. Cry I am reading Dr. Ozs book. Nothing I didn't know but a good reminder of what I need to do. I re-checked all my labels and cleared out anything with enriched flour, fructose, or corn syrup. The fat free cheese had to go. Sad The bread -100% whole wheat has sugar in it, I won't cut that out. Trying to get my DH on bored to help keep the house contain only healthy choices, he could loose weight, and needs to worse than me but doesn't get it why I can't just eat less.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - Here's what i'm doing 1.) no sugar - of any kind 2.) no white/bleached products 3.) caffinated/carbonated beverages 4.) no food you can't identify I also don't eat artificial sweeteners and avoid preservatives. anyway what you do you mean some weight will help? i'm confused.

Bugs

Bugs - Here's what i'm doing 1.) no sugar - of any kind 2.) no white/bleached products 3.) caffinated/carbonated beverages 4.) no food you can't identify I also don't eat artificial sweeteners and avoid preservatives. anyway what you do you mean some weight will help? i'm confused.
                          I don't know what I was typing. I'll blame it on this DAM carpal tunnel instead of my head. What I meant was, with a bump in miles you will probably loose some weight much easier in the next few weeks, month or so. Not just the added calorie burn but the shock to your metabolism. My body is very use to running 40 mpw and just seems to got more efficient at burning calories. One of the biggest draw backs I've noticed to running almost everyday. Your rules sound good. So have you stopped eating bread completely? I don't eat it very often, but it's the one thing I don't want to give up. How about fruit? I try to eat lower GI fruits, berries and navel oranges..refuse to go without even if I'd be better to eat green beans. There are some very thin girls in the swamp. I wonder if they are hungry often.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh i eat bread and pasta - it's just wheat bread/pasta. And I make it at home. And I eat TONS of fruit. I also make homemade peanut butter! SOO good!!! Everything taste better!!!! It's wonderful! That's what I thought you meant about losing weight but I wasn't sure haha

Bugs

Dr. Oz recommends eating 1 or 2 meals the same EVERYDAY. He says that when eating becomes a habit we stop craving eating something else. Since I have major time management issues in my life, I'm going to try this because I also agree with him. Breakfast is white egg omlet with veggies, or hard boiled eggs (no yolks) with veggies. (I need a breakfast I can eat at work.) Lunch with be spinach salad and grilled chicken or fish. His sample menus don't seem like enough calories, but there is more snacking than I am use to. I'll have to log it and see. I realize his diet may not be focused on someone who runs 40 mpw.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

oh yeah well lots of my meals are the same throughout the week. I've found that in the last month I've stopped craving food. I eat because i'm hungry and that's it.