Marathon Trainers

Mission Impossible - Getting Down to Race Weight (Read 578 times)

Cashmason

I think I would be run out of Minnesota. I don't really care for beer that much. Its ok, and I will have it a couple of times a year just to be social with friends. I may have to turn in my man card for admitting this.

Oh Mighty Wing

or we could just drink more beer and eat less. Big grin
      or wine!!! Cash - I ordered a beer after the race because it was free - I only had 1 sip - as I don't like it either.

Oh Mighty Wing

144.0!!!
        evanflein

Congrats, Shan! You're doing great. I almost always gain weight on vacation. I certainly don't go somewhere new to deprive myself! We ate well and drank wine and beer... it was fun! Don't regret a bit of it. But now, two days after getting back, I'm at 141.5 which is less than when we left so that's cool. Guess it helps to have run a marathon in there, too. Still hoping to be at least 138 when I leave for Boston. Like Mr I wanting sub 200, I haven't been sub 140 in ages and it would be nice.

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika you can totally do it!!
            Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

argh! I thought I was done with logging, but I haven't been able to quit logging and still lose weight. I'm still hovering around 207-211. I started logging again this morning after a few weeks of not doing it. I'm frustrated. I've grown to really detest logging all my food. However, my desire to hit goal weight is greater than my hatred of logging. It's just what I need to do right now.

Oh Mighty Wing

aww man! At least you know that you can hoover without having to log - which means as soon as your weight is down you can quit logging!
                Cashmason

Well, here are my Top 20 Excuses Why New Year's Resolutions to Lose Weight End in Failure... 20. I wasn't getting enough to eat on ONE diet so I had to go on THREE. 19. Its winter and I need the extra insulation to keep me warm. 18. I went to the gym and somebody was on my machine so I realized everything happens for a reason and it wasn't meant to be. 17. I went to the gym and there was no lifeguard on duty in case the rowing machine sank. I complained to the manager but they threw me out. 16. Turns out I didn't really mean it. 15. My other resolution to quit being a cranky jerk all the time wasn't compatible with my low-carb diet. 14. There was a big game on...Wheel of Fortune is a game, right? 13. My DVR broke so I couldn't fast-forward past all the food commercials. 12. I figured since rice cakes don't have many calories, the same was true of other cakes. Like fudge cake. And pancakes. With syrup. And fudge. 11. My personal trainer called and said if I didn't show up for my session on Friday, don't bother showing up on Monday. Woohoo! 4 day weekend! 10. No ashtrays on the treadmills at the gym. How do they expect me stay on that thing for an hour without a cigarette break? It's not like that little TV can keep my mind off how painful and boring it is to hammer away on that thing at 1.2 mph for 60 minutes. 9. Krispy Kreme hasn't come out with an Olestra-filled donut (that they've told us, at least...I have my suspicions). 8. Billy Mays (that bearded infomercial guy) hasn't come out with a Mighty Putty strong enough to keep my mouth shut at the all-you-can-eat buffet. 7. The economy is in such rough shape, it's hard to afford the new clothes I'll have to buy as I get smaller so it'll have to wait until I get a bailout. 6. I have to buy junk foods "for the kids" even though they don't really need that stuff either and I don't actually HAVE any kids or KNOW any kids. 5. I messed up and ate a chip on Day 2 so I gave up until next January's resolution season. 4. I need to get in better shape before I can join a gym...to get in better shape. 3. I made a resolution to give up drinking so I could lose weight but I did it while I was drunk so I forgot. 2. I don't want to insult my co-workers by not eating birthday cake at the office every single day, even when I have to bring it myself. 1. I'm waiting for President Obama to lose the weight for me.

Oh Mighty Wing

hehe those are good reasons!

Dave

Nice list, Cash. I weighed in this morning at 171. Down 4 pounds from the holidays. So far, my secret seems to be not running (and therefore not having as big an appetite) and being away from my regular desk that was just steps away from a fast food court. I've got to go run now and stimulate some appetite.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Still fighting the plateau. I'm going to fight super hard this month and get 10 pounds off. That is my goal within a goal.

Oh Mighty Wing

I just saw your before and "during" picture - you are amazing!!
                          theyapper

On the road again...

Still fighting the plateau. I'm going to fight super hard this month and get 10 pounds off. That is my goal within a goal.
                            I can relate to the plateau. I dropped close to 30 pounds over a matter of months when I started running, but can't seem to get past the 182-184 range. I've been there for a couple months now. Maybe if I logged... Undecided

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

140 today
                              Kimmie

136 today. I haven't seen 136 in a year or more.