Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/14 (Read 238 times)

Bugs

I don't know if my tiredness at the end of the hill workout was because I haven't run hill repeats in awhile or from the blood loss.

BLOOD LOSS? What did I miss? Is your blood volumn low? You know that is the problem I had a few years ago when I ended up with the heart thing. Spent $4K for a Mayo cardiologist to tell me to eat more salt (chips) and a banana now and then. Don't trust those potassium tests either, they are not accurate, better to just up your salt and water intake.

Bugs

Kimmie

Bugs, I just had blood drawn.... I don't know how much-  I'm sure not much...  I was being a baby.

man, that was a fun run... almost as much fun as the hills yesterday.  I am loving these little 4 milers.  Smile

Bugs

Bugs, I just had blood drawn.... I don't know how much-  I'm sure not much...  I was being a baby.

GOOD - Boy was I confused. You started worrying about heart-attacks and blood loss and it sounded serious. No more scaring me like that.

Rest Day/Finish Shopping Day For me.

Still at work, but have to finish the wine in the fridge before I head home.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice of you to clean up like that, Bugs.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

4 mile run with Mutt Mutt.

Pretty consistent pace with fast finish last mile.   Last tenth of a mile she almost sat down as I ran.  Think she didnt want us to keep running past the house

<form> <input name="j_id66" type="hidden" value="j_id66" />

<colgroup span="8"></colgroup> <tfoot> </tfoot>

<iframe id="j_id66:normalTable:j_id70iframe" src="javascript:''" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="z-index: 98; position: absolute; background-color: black; width: 40px; display: none; height: 30px;"></iframe>Split Split

<iframe id="j_id66:normalTable:j_id76iframe" src="javascript:''" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="z-index: 98; position: absolute; background-color: black; width: 148px; display: none; height: 30px; top: 31px; left: 88px;"></iframe>Hours:Minutes:Seconds Time

<iframe id="j_id66:normalTable:j_id82iframe" src="javascript:''" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="z-index: 98; position: absolute; background-color: black; width: 46px; display: none; height: 30px;"></iframe>Miles Distance

<iframe id="j_id66:normalTable:j_id88iframe" src="javascript:''" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="z-index: 98; position: absolute; background-color: black; width: 40px; display: none; height: 30px;"></iframe>Feet Elevation Gain

<iframe id="j_id66:normalTable:j_id94iframe" src="javascript:''" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="z-index: 98; position: absolute; background-color: black; width: 40px; display: none; height: 30px;"></iframe>Feet Elevation Loss

<iframe id="j_id66:normalTable:j_id100iframe" src="javascript:''" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="z-index: 98; position: absolute; background-color: black; width: 109px; display: none; height: 30px; top: 35px; left: 473px;"></iframe>Minutes per Mile Avg Speed

<iframe id="j_id66:normalTable:j_id106iframe" src="javascript:''" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="z-index: 98; position: absolute; background-color: black; width: 109px; display: none; height: 30px; top: 30px; left: 538px;"></iframe>Minutes per Mile Max Speed

<iframe id="j_id66:normalTable:j_id112iframe" src="javascript:''" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="z-index: 98; position: absolute; background-color: black; width: 62px; display: none; height: 30px;"></iframe>Calories Calories

Summary 00:38:00 4.16 325 355 09:08 04:17 549
            1 00:09:14 1.00 249 284 09:14 04:17 137
            2 00:09:18 1.00 50 17 09:18 08:11 132
            3 00:09:16 1.00 25 54 09:16 08:03 132
            4 00:08:55 1.00 0 0 08:55 08:09 131
            5 00:01:15 0.16 0 0 08:05 07:20 17
            </form>

She's a good dog, that mutt mutt

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Earlier, I took a look at the 5" of snow and decided to take the day off.  It's coming down hard here.  At least 7" now.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Can't remember the last time I shovelled; I expect to have a sore back later.

Dave

I got a chance to try out the snowblower this AM.  Best thing EVER .

We only had an inch or so but as has been my Saturday AM routine, I treadmilled it during DW4's class at the gym.

Short on time so I cranked up the pace and got 3.75 miles in.  1 mile warm up, then 1 @ 8:00, 1/2 mile cooldown, then progressive 1/4 miles starting at 7.7 on the TM up to 8.5.  Hurting pretty good by the end.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Yeah, I think we have at least 12 inches....

I don't know if treadmilling it would be better or run on the not so great roads.   Ah!!!

I am a Florida girl and not a huge fan of this.... ideal is 3 inches, enough to sled on, gone the next day.  Smile

I would say close to 16" so far, and still coming down.  Now I'm happy we got the snowblower 5 or 6 years ago -- our story has been that our purchase of that snowblower singlehandedly stopped snow from happening in the mid-atlantic.

Ran out of gas, and luckily I'd already carved a path big enough for the car to get out.  But no gas anywhere.  At Sheetz, we had to wait until the tanker truck was done filling their tanks before I could get my three gallons!  It was a nice outing with PDR, and we had a cup of coffee there -- surprisingly good coffee, too!

evanflein

Wow, hang in there guys. All the news on CNN was all about closed airports, traffic accidents and how to shovel snow.  Just nuts. That's funny about the snowblower, Lou. Sounds like the effect as worn off.

Still wondering about Bugs having to clean up the wine before she leaves work...? Your office fridge is sure not like mine. Ours if full of moldy icky stuff, probably from people who don't even work there anymore.

Kimmie, 4 milers is probably what I should be doing. But today I took the kids to the gym so I ran for an hour while watching "Chopped" on the TV. That's only the second time I've seen that... we don't have cable stations at home. Fun show. So I ran for a full hour, that was good for 6.85 miles. Seemed slow and hard, but those treadmills feel like 1% incline is more like 2%, so I suspect they have some incline built in? I don't know, I just know that 1% on that one feels a lot harder than 1% on mine. 

We got about 5" of snow earlier this week, and today was clear and COLD! It was -30 when I left the house at 8:15 for my haircut. Warmed up to about -22 in town, and up to -14 or so here at the house. I do like that temperature inversion!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've never heard of Chopped -- is it about cars, or bikes?

Here, to amuse you all, are two photos showing myself in "ski mask" last weekend at my first 50K -- the gray thing that is really a hat plus neck flaps, that I don't know what to call.

Before start of 50K: http://picasaweb.google.com/chiamulera1022/VHTRC50K121209#5414542827244175314

At end of 50K, at which point I'd velcroed the bottom flaps behind so it was working as just a cap: http://picasaweb.google.com/chiamulera1022/VHTRC50K121209#5414543806259795298

I need to go shovel again, which should guarantee I'm nice and sore afterward and tomorrow.

evanflein

Wow, what a beautiful trail that was! What were the temperatures? Most of you guys looked really overdressed...

"Chopped" in on the Food Network. Starts off with 4 chefs, and they eliminate, or "chop" one after each course (appetizer, entree, then dessert) until there's one left. Three judges, and they vote after each course. The trick is, at the beginning of each course, they get a "mystery box" like a picnic basket with 4 ingredients they have to use in the dish, then they have to make it up as they go. I like it because I like making things from scratch with what I have on hand. I've actually gotten some ideas from this show! And it helps pass an hour on the treadmill...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow, what a beautiful trail that was! What were the temperatures? Most of you guys looked really overdressed...

"Chopped" in on the Food Network. .

Temps were 20s. That's cold for us. There were a couple guys in shorts though. I didn't see any women from Alaska -- presumably they'd have been the obvious ones running in bikinis to enjoy the heat wave Smile

It is a couple strips of parkland along the Bull Run river, where it means the Occoquan, so (relatively) long and skinny green along a river, from the map view.

It really was lovely.