Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/3 (Read 310 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Ugh, busy a quick glance tells me we had some good races this weekend. Looking forward to details (and the time to read said details) Finished with 48 miles last week, tied for highest ever (and it was easy and stress free mileage, too!). Gotta go, talk to you later.
      Nice week, Mr. I! Taper madness begins for me. Ran 13 on the marathon course Saturday, took yesterday off with a couple of blisters (left over from basketball, irritated by the 13, no big deal). Accuweather.com has a 15 day forecast and it's looking good so far for the marathon, but I don't believe any forecast more than 2 days out here in Oklahoma. Just something to pass the time. Started potty training DS this weekend, good times, good times. . .

Bugs

Race Listing November 8th Bugs - 5K Hoping surgery on throat will not cause me to cancel. November 16th Brian - Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa. Goal - Keep up with Dad December 7th Murphy - Vegas Marathon Goal - Sub 5 Shan - Brian's Run Goal - less than 1 hour January 11, 2009 jhallum - Disney Marathon Erika -Disney Marathon January 24, 2009 Bugs - St. Paul Winter Freeze Your Ass Off Half Marathon February 14 2009 Kimmie - ? Marathon Goal 3:45- BQ March 21, 2009. Dave - National Marathon Goal - Sub 3:30 March 29, 2009 MarathonPeach - Georgia Marathon Goal - sub 6 April 20, 2009 Erika - Boston Marathon May 8th, 2009 Bugs - Fargo Marathon May 23rd, 2009 Inertia - Bayshore Marathon

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

man we have some good racing plans!

Dave

Awesome, MrI. 48 is a really nice total especially when combined with easy and injury free. I didn't get those words together often enough. Brian, isn't there some sort of rule that when you save money on diapers, you get to spend it on running gear. BTW, Costco has the Garmin 305 for $159 right now. My recovery week logged a total of 4 miles. And that was fine. For the first time since the race, I walked down my stairs completely without pain. So I laced up the shoes and ran an easy 4 today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - yeah for lots of injury stress free miles!!! Husker - yeah taper!! Dave - yeah pain free!!

Bugs

Inertia, Nice Miles! Dave, Now is a good time to take it easy. Surely your wife is nagging you to get something around the house done, now is the time. Big grin

Bugs

Kimmie

Hey bugs, Can you add February 14 2009- Goal 3:45- BQ thanks! Oh I guess I should say which one... Myrtle Beach Marathon

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey bugs, Can you add February 14 2009- Goal 3:45- BQ thanks!
                    YEAH BQ!!! I'm excited about that!!! oh and Bugs my 10K goal is to break 1 hour. MTA: I know you wouldn't know it from my running but I'm serious.
                      Brian, isn't there some sort of rule that when you save money on diapers, you get to spend it on running gear.
                      That might be one of the best ideas I've ever heard. Once the swelling goes down (from the massive beating I receive), I'll let you know how DW responded to that idea!

Oh Mighty Wing

That might be one of the best ideas I've ever heard. Once the swelling goes down (from the massive beating I receive), I'll let you know how DW responded to that idea!
                        hahaha

Bugs

Kimmie, you got a BQ plan? I want to BQ too...but I'm a little afraid to make it a formal goal because I'm not sure how I'm going to get here. Legs are tired today.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Legs are tired today.
                            After a hard long run it might be beneficial to try more of a recovery run than an easy run... length can be the same just the pace is different. Also make sure you are allowing for extra sleep if you need it. Your body might have finally caught on that you are running every day and so it might be a little miffed and need a little extra tlc. My run was wonderful today. 2.2 miles.
                            Kimmie

Kimmie, you got a BQ plan?
                              I think right now I will just be building more weekly miles and then see how it goes from there. I have thought about following the program from Advanced Marathoning. I have that book but i have never followed the plan. You can do it... I am happy that apparently Myrtle Beach is a flat, fast marathon and hopefully on the cool side in Feb. Another question entirely- that I may post in the GSP.... I want to race a 5K this Thanksgiving... either the weekend before or the day of... I feel totally recovered from the marathon but I know there may be some residual fatigue in my legs and I haven't run that much this past week. So, what should my plan be to race this well? i haven't run a 5K in a long time... usually it's 10K or longer-- and very few 10Ks. I really want to see what kind of time I can post. Should I log some easy miles the next two weeks and then throw some mile trials in there to see what happens? I'm leaning towards the one on Thanksgiving day because I've run the 10K there, and that will give me another week or so. Plus, I love starting out the day that way. What do you guys think? The last 5K I ran was in 1998- back when I first started running. I ran it in 24:06- I think I can do better than that.

Dave

I think you can run pretty close to 22, Kimmie. Strategy-wise, I'm a big believer in RTYP on 5K's. You really do need to go out hard and hold it there to hit those faster times. Which one? I might be convinced (although I'm still kicking around the idea of running Brians Run). Just got back from a parent teacher conference for my oldest (5th grade). She's doing great and will probably bring home straight A's. Again. I am so stinkin proud of her. Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com